• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Cognitive Capability of the Leader of the Free World Is Being Questioned

Discussion in 'News & Current Events (Articles Required)' started by DerSchweik, May 12, 2021.

Do you agree the Leader of the Free World is in Cognitive Decline?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Cognitive what?

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Whyayeman

Whyayeman Well-Known Member

+765
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    Play nicely.

I don't think that the President is in significant cognitive decline and have voted to that effect. I am perfectly entitled to compare the current incumbent with predecessors. I think we should all give him an appropriate time in office before making our minds up about him; one thing only - he is doing a very good job on covid, much better than his predecessor.

Americans should be glad about that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. DerSchweik

DerSchweik Spend time in His Word - every day

+148,868
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Ok.... what exactly did I not "fact check?" Please be specific, because I don't like being called a liar.

And... what, pray tell - what lies are you accusing me (or others) of - specifically?

Did you watch the videos? Do you think they were doctored, edited, or otherwise --- I don't know, "touched up" or something?

3. DerSchweik

+148,868
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I've no problem comparing presidents - except THAT IS NOT THE POINT OF THIS THREAD! Good grief. If you want to compare Biden to Trump - start your own thread and make whatever comparisons you want; but do it there, not here.

4. DerSchweik

+148,868
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    1) I've made it quite clear the point of this thread is NOT to bash the president.
    2) I started this thread and I'm pretty sure it is NOT about Trump - period.

If you persist in attempting to derail the thread, well... stop it.

5. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,807
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Maybe the videos are factually correct, but are they morally correct?

6. DerSchweik

+148,868
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    :doh: :doh: :doh:

7. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+26,416
    Agnostic
    Single
    Seems awfully sudden to be concerned about the cognitive capability of the leader of the free world.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,505
    Christian
    Private
    No one cares what you THINK you made the topic about, we care what you actually did. And spreading lies about the president very much is bashing him. And sorry you don't get to play, "This isn't about trump." when the GOP ignored far worse mental impairment hints from trump and now way to pretend biden has issues.

9. DerSchweik

+148,868
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    WHAT LIES???

Specifically. Name one lie I spread. One. Just one. Name it.

10. loveofourlord

loveofourlord Newbie

+3,505
    Christian
    Private
    Well lets start with other countries, a right wing propaganda rag in 1 country doesn't count as countries, heck it doesn't even count as 1 country. There is zero evidence biden has cognitive issues beyond right wing nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  11. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,807
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    If you really want to go there, Trump is capable of putting two coherent sentences together when off the teleprompter. In fact, he's shown himself to be far more comfortable taking questions from hostile reporters than Biden is from fawning ones.

12. Whyayeman

+765
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    That is a nice slur. It doesn't actually say that Biden cannot but what else was the point?

I have noticed that Trump was better off without the teleprompter. I thought it was because he hadn't seen it before the event and struggled to get the phrasing right.

Neither of these are evidence of cognitive decline.

13. TLK Valentine

TLK Valentine You will be who you will be. We are our choices.

+26,416
    Agnostic
    Single
    Can they be truthful sentences as well, or are we asking too much?

Or are they "truthful" because he believes them?

14. GoldenBoy89

GoldenBoy89 We're Still Here

+22,965
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Democrat
    Not sure if this off a teleprompter or off the cuff but it’s always been one of my favorite Trump speeches. Just try to follow the train of thought here.

“Look, having nuclear—my uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer, Dr. John Trump at MIT; good genes, very good genes, OK, very smart, the Wharton School of Finance, very good, very smart —you know, if you’re a conservative Republican, if I were a liberal, if, like, OK, if I ran as a liberal Democrat, they would say I’m one of the smartest people anywhere in the world—it’s true!—but when you’re a conservative Republican they try—oh, do they do a number—that’s why I always start off: Went to Wharton, was a good student, went there, went there, did this, built a fortune—you know I have to give my like credentials all the time, because we’re a little disadvantaged—but you look at the nuclear deal, the thing that really bothers me—it would have been so easy, and it’s not as important as these lives are (nuclear is powerful; my uncle explained that to me many, many years ago, the power and that was 35 years ago; he would explain the power of what’s going to happen and he was right—who would have thought?), but when you look at what’s going on with the four prisoners—now it used to be three, now it’s four—but when it was three and even now, I would have said it’s all in the messenger; fellas, and it is fellas because, you know, they don’t, they haven’t figured that the women are smarter right now than the men, so, you know, it’s gonna take them about another 150 years—but the Persians are great negotiators, the Iranians are great negotiators, so, and they, they just killed, they just killed us.”​

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  15. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,109
    Anglican
    Married
    ...that Biden has a record of babbling incoherently when engaged in public speaking and of forgetting what he was trying to say while in the middle of his remarks, which often results in long pauses. This is a legitimate cause for worry.

It's more than clear that Trump was comfortable speaking off the cuff and using colloquial expressions. That has nothing to do with Biden's problems which even Biden's handlers consider serious enough that they shield him from speaking in public (and TO the public) as much as they can.

16. Whyayeman

+765
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    As shown in #115 above! Maybe he was comfortable about this mangling of the language of Shakespeare but can you tell what on earth he was talking about just there?

Biden's lifelong speech impediment has been referred to in the thread. Do you think it is proper to criticise him for a disability?

17. Belk

Belk Senior Member Supporter

+9,602
    Agnostic
    Married

Needs more balloons.,

18. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,109
    Anglican
    Married
    Post 115 was mine and I didn't quote any remarks from President Trump in it, so I don't know what you are referring to here.

There was no reference to that speech impediment and it had nothing to do with what was explained in that post. It is getting a bit tiresome, though, to have that favorite excuse be relied upon every time an excuse for Biden's behavior is wanted.

Forgetting where you are is not what stuttering is all about. Forgetting your point is not stuttering. In addition, the possible evidences of a diminished capacity were not characteristic of Biden only a few years ago, so that also cannot be explained away by reference to a speech impediment in his youth.

19. Whyayeman

+765
    United Kingdom
    Atheist
    Married
    Sorry for the typo. #114 is the one, but I expect you will have read it by now.

I haven't noticed these features. Perhaps an example or two? That would be only fair. When you have had a chance to read that excerpt from Trump (#114) perhaps you will reconsider your remark about 'forgetting your point'?

But you are right; this has become tedious. The opening sentence of the first post is plain wrong, charitably a mistake. (It has been called a lie on the thread.) Nothing much that follows has been edifying.

20. Albion

Albion Facilitator

+30,109
    Anglican
    Married
    No. I was waiting for your reply.