CNN: Transcripts portray Donald as fickle, easily flattered, and consumed by petty grudges.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump makes Trump look bad. His words directly from his mouth is all the evidence needed.

From out of the abundance of his heart, his mouth speaks and maliciousness spews out of his mouth like a raging river: slandering people, insulting people, mocking people, using profanity, taking God's name in vain, bearing false witness, and a lying tongue. He is definitely known by the fruits he bears in his life: hatred, discord, jealousy, fits of rage, and selfish ambition (Galatians 5:19-21). Sadly, we hear nothing but excuse after excuse in attempts to justify why the Christian Right supports him.

Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,407.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
fickle, easily flattered, and
fickle, easily flattered, and consumed by petty grudges, moron who reads and speaks at a grammar school level, has dementia, is a sexist, and misogynistic racist, colludes with Russia, is a Russian asset, Obstruction and don’t forget he is becoming wealthy off his position.

Who has been under one of the most expensive intense three years of non stop investigation That includes multiple agencies, $35,000,000, 40 special agents, 2,800 witnesses, over 500 subpoenas, 1,000,000 pages of documents examined by 19 highly trained attorneys. Multiple informed leaks and reports

And the Democrats are afraid of loosing to him in 2020.

if he is so bad, why can’t the Democrats win?

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
The point is that the false news press has to resort to pure fiction and lies to try to make him look bad. If he was the mess people say he is then they would not have to resort to fiction and telling lies. This would indicate that telling people the truth about trump would not accomplish their agenda of getting rid of him so that they could promote then God forsaken agenda.

For the most part, they don't resort to fiction and telling lies. But media aside, I can just look at his Twitter feed and see that he's an unhinged, petulant mess. I'd be embarrassed to act like that in public.

• Agree
Reactions: comana
Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
For the most part, they don't resort to fiction and telling lies. But media aside, I can just look at his Twitter feed and see that he's an unhinged, petulant mess. I'd be embarrassed to act like that in public.

We don't need anyone to tell us what kind of person Donald Trump is because all we need to do is listen to him speak or read his temper tantrum tweets. I shudder to think what it would be like to talk to him in person. But to be honest, I wouldn't be caught in the same room with him or be left alone with him in the same room because I'm a woman. I wouldn't trust him to keep his hands to himself.

Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,091,704.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Yes. Even as amazing as that is that God can use someone like Donald. Clearly the power and glory is of God because we all know it is not of Donald himself. If God can use someone like Donald to accomplish His plan and purpose then how much more can He use you and me.
Was it God's purpose to put children in cages at the border and then let them die because the government wouldn't give them $5 flu shots?
Was it God's purpo se for the U.S. to exit the Paris Climate Accords when climate change is causing droughts, famines, forest fires, devastating hurricanes, etc.?
Was it God's purpose to not allow homeless Bahamians whose island had been leveled to get temporary asylum in the U.S.?
Was it God's purpose to give unnecessary tax cuts to billionaires and enact tariffs against China that are bankrupting our nation's farmers and raising prices on the 99%?
Was it God's purpose to betray Kurds who had risked their lives helping American soldiers and leave them to be slaughtered by the Turks?
I could go on.
God grant us the courage to rescue our country from ruin.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Are you aware that we are usually guilty of what we accuse others of? Psychology calls this projecting.

No, I'm not aware that we're usually guilty of the things we accuse others of and I challenge you to find that in some sort of medical literature.

To this exact example, I'm typically rather careful with my social media presence because I use it for both personal and professional correspondence. And since I don't want to bother with constructing different filters or lists for different groups of people, everybody can see everything, so if there's something I want to say that isn't acceptable for one subset of friends, it doesn't go up. If you were to scour my social media profile, about the worst thing you'd find is some fart joke. I am infinitely more careful and thoughtful with what I say on social media than Trump is. I make sure to check my spelling and grammar, too.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
They did not use to be that way. It is a very different world that we live in now.

You're right. 100+ years ago, journalists were more openly biased. The modern pursuit of journalistic neutrality is relatively new. Another way in which times are different is that, in the past, presidents typically tried to act like mature adults in public.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Was it God's purpose to put children in cages at the border and then let them die because the government wouldn't give them $5 flu shots?
You are talking nonsense. The Bible says in all things to give thanks. When I first read this I could not believe what I was reading. The goodness of God is greater then any evil the world has to offer. We live in a time when the power of God is greater then every before to rescue, save, heal and deliver people from death and destruction. Of course there is more evil in the world now. So we need MORE of the POWER of God to overcome that evil. This is the best of times to be alive. More people are coming to a saving knowledge of the truth then ever because there are so many people in the world right now. For those that are perishing then these are the worst of times to be alive.

316331_d5a43d3420ce67f6918f6798fd4becbe.jpg

Attachments

• 359812-Charles-Dickens-Quote-It-was-the-best-of-times-it-was-the-worst-of.jpg
    359812-Charles-Dickens-Quote-It-was-the-best-of-times-it-was-the-worst-of.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 5
Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You're right. 100+ years ago, journalists were more openly biased. The modern pursuit of journalistic neutrality is relatively new. Another way in which times are different is that, in the past, presidents typically tried to act like mature adults in public.
I was thinking more like 50 years ago. It is a huge disappointment to me to see people that are still in the business after 30 years that were raised in the old school but have given themselves over to the lies and deception we see now. Walter Cronkite was considered to be the more honest and truthful person. The news was just as horrible then as it is now. Only back then truth was truth and fiction was fiction and they did not get the two confused.

"The crux of our democracy is the ability of citizens to obtain honest, truthful and balanced information, and the credibility and integrity of the individual journalist and communications professional are crucial in that effort."

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, I'm not aware that we're usually guilty of the things we accuse others of and I challenge you to find that in some sort of medical literature.
Look up projection by Fraud. Although it was really his daughter Anna that developed the understanding of this mechanism. She wanted to give credit to her father for it though.

"Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings".

Attachments

• upload_2019-11-9_18-51-23.jpeg
    upload_2019-11-9_18-51-23.jpeg
    3.9 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

comana

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 19, 2005
Colorado
✟909,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Look up projection by Fraud. Although it was really his daughter Anna that developed the understanding of this mechanism. She wanted to give credit to her father for it though.

"Psychological projection is a defense mechanism people subconsciously employ in order to cope with difficult feelings or emotions. Psychological projection involves projecting undesirable feelings or emotions onto someone else, rather than admitting to or dealing with the unwanted feelings".
Trump himself is an example of someone who frequently uses projection as a defense mechanism.

• Winner
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump himself is an example of someone who frequently uses projection as a defense mechanism.
Could be. This is a lot more common then people seem to realize. It does seem childish to me that he would respond to all the nonsense. It looks to me like he should ignore it. None of it is going to go anywhere or amount to anything. I was very disappointed when Kennedy got shot. I gave up on the idea that anyone would come along that was really going to make a difference. Trump claimed he was going to clean out the swamp but it was pretty short lived that he ever would or could follow through with that. Although he has made a difference in the Federal Court System.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,817.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

I know what projection is. I didn't ask for a definition of projection. What I asked for was support for your claim that "we're usually guilty of the things we accuse others of [doing]."

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I was thinking more like 50 years ago. It is a huge disappointment to me to see people that are still in the business after 30 years that were raised in the old school but have given themselves over to the lies and deception we see now. Walter Cronkite was considered to be the more honest and truthful person. The news was just as horrible then as it is now. Only back then truth was truth and fiction was fiction and they did not get the two confused.

"The crux of our democracy is the ability of citizens to obtain honest, truthful and balanced information, and the credibility and integrity of the individual journalist and communications professional are crucial in that effort."

What is more believable? That media figures you’ve known and trusted for decades have suddenly all sold out and become liars, or that just maybe you’ve started believing a guy who himself is not trustworthy?

Seriously, to keep being a Trump supporter requires you guys to throw SO many people under the bus that you used to like and respect, but now apparently have to write off because Donald says so.

Jeff Sessions was the pinnacle of this for me. I always loathed the guy because he stands for everything I despise, but for conservatives he was an absolute hero. Now? Apparently he’s a disgrace to conservatives, and for what? Because as AG he recused himself from a case he was personally involved in. That’s literally all he did, and now the former right wing hero is a hate figure.

It defies belief, it really does..

Upvote 0

whatbogsends

Senior Veteran
Aug 29, 2003
Visit site
✟281,429.00
Faith
Atheist

if he is so bad, why can’t the Democrats win?

He may win because a large contingent on the right have embraced Trump's vulgarity, dishonesty, and contempt for the rule of law because it irritates liberals and combatting the Democrats head on. Attacking their sworn enemies (liberals) is more important to them than the values they supposedly hold.

He won 1 election by a thin margin in key states against a wildly unpopular candidate. There's nothing which says he's a shoe in in 2020.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.