Cloud Formations...?

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
interpreter,

Why do you think that John wrote of the things which shall be hereafter?

Why do you call the things which shall be hereafter the things which were?
duh! John's hereafter started in the second century. Very little of it is hereafter to us.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Which would make the bible no longer true, correct? I mean at least for us today..

It would be a history book and not the living and powerful Sword of the Spirit which it actually is... Right?
You futurists are a hoot. John said the Revelation would begin unfolding "with speed." And the fact that we are now experiencing the 7 last plagues, such as skin cancer, red tides and global warming, proves that all previous prophecies have been fulfilled.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

You futurists are a hoot. John said the Revelation would begin unfolding "with speed." And the fact that we are now experiencing the 7 last plagues, such as skin cancer, red tides and global warming, proves that all previous prophecies have been fulfilled.

Sorry I missed this interpreter and I think it's important.

Revelation says that it speaks of the things which shall be.. and yet you are telling us that they are past.. And I can understand that without any difficulty.. although what I can't understand is how you can't see that this makes the word of God of no effect and no longer true?

Let's say that I'm a student of the bible and you are teaching me. I come across the revelation which speaks of things which shall be hereafter..

You tell me that they are in the past..

The bible tells me that they are in the future..

I have a problem. I can't believe the bible about things which shall be because they already have been according to you.

How do you reconcile that?

Do you think that the revelation is only history and is no longer true about these things being hereafter?

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
Sorry I missed this interpreter and I think it's important.

Revelation says that it speaks of the things which shall be.. and yet you are telling us that they are past.. And I can understand that without any difficulty.. although what I can't understand is how you can't see that this makes the word of God of no effect and no longer true?

Let's say that I'm a student of the bible and you are teaching me. I come across the revelation which speaks of things which shall be hereafter..

You tell me that they are in the past..

The bible tells me that they are in the future..

I have a problem. I can't believe the bible about things which shall be because they already have been according to you.

How do you reconcile that?

Do you think that the revelation is only history and is no longer true about these things being hereafter?
Most of the Revelation has been fulfilled; but there are still a few things that will take place hereafter.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

Most of the Revelation has been fulfilled; but there are still a few things that will take place hereafter.

I think that you're missing the point..

Let's try this.. how do you know what things are past, present, or future in the revelation?

You say that most is fulfilled and that a few things are future..

How do you know that?

Upvote 0

interpreter

Mar 4, 2004
Texas
✟7,377.00
Faith
Anglican
I think that you're missing the point..

Let's try this.. how do you know what things are past, present, or future in the revelation?

You say that most is fulfilled and that a few things are future..

How do you know that?
We are now experiencing the 7 last plagues.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Dunbar

Sep 22, 2012
Atlanta GA
✟626.00
Faith
Baptist
Dunbar, perhaps you can help..

How do you know what is past, present, or future in the scriptures. Specifically with respect to the revelation let's say..

The bible is written in such a way that it is applicable to every generation but it is especially written for the last generation because they will live thru the worst time in history. I see everything as future so I may be biased in that regard.

Upvote 0
O

Old Timer

The bible is written in such a way that it is applicable to every generation but it is especially written for the last generation because they will live thru the worst time in history. I see everything as future so I may be biased in that regard.

Well obviously some things are past.. like the life, ministry, death, resurrection, and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ..

I mean there's no way that's future.. right?

Obviously the church of God began at Pentecost after the resurrection and ascension of Christ.. and He has been building it since then upon the confession of Jesus being the Son of God.. right..

So we know that some things are the things which are.. happening right now whereas other things are certainly hereafter.. like the resurrection of the dead etc etc..

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Dunbar

Sep 22, 2012
Atlanta GA
✟626.00
Faith
Baptist
Well obviously some things are past.. like the life, ministry, death, resurrection, and ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ..

I mean there's no way that's future.. right?

Obviously the church of God began at Pentecost after the resurrection and ascension of Christ.. and He has been building it since then upon the confession of Jesus being the Son of God.. right..

So we know that some things are the things which are.. happening right now whereas other things are certainly hereafter.. like the resurrection of the dead etc etc..

Yea, I agree with that. I was speaking more about prophecy.

Upvote 0

parousia70

Livin' in yesterday's tomorrow
Site Supporter
Feb 24, 2002
Oregon
✟798,254.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Obviously the church of God began at Pentecost after the resurrection and ascension of Christ..

And Obviously it was a 100% Jewish organization at that time.

Upvote 0