Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
There is undeniable evidence burning hydrocarbons will create higher temperatures and higher sea levels. Not everyone welcomes such changes. It is only a cycle. Hydrocarbons are finite. Given current burn rates, they will be gone, this era a fading memory. Coral reefs are dying, this is linked to nitrogen fertilizer runoff and subsequent algae blooms. People living close to Interstates have shortened lifespans due to toxic diesel and auto emissions. Toxic wastes in well water were linked to increased cancer. Most people do not want cancer, even if they do not worry three seconds about pollution.
There is no question at all, none, that we are lousy stewards of this planet!

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If we are going to be more responsible... here is some tech I believe is underutilised. Let's look at this technology. If you have a temperature over -10 degrees celsius, that is 14 degrees fahrenheit, it will continue to produce hot water/steam. No sun needed, can work indoors, at night, and even underwater. Because it generates heated water/steam by temperature differential. Not solar induction.

Used to boil steam instead of heat water it would take only 10 to 13 units to power my home with a 30 kw steam turbine generator. But guess what? They don't sell turbines that small. I can get a fuel operated 30kw all day long. I would have to part out, and build a steam unit myself.

Potable water directly out of the air.

The reason I bring this up is I used to work here:

upload_2019-9-24_21-11-55.png

Water Conserv II. The largest used water reclamation facility of it's kind in the world. When I was working there it could handle an influent flow of 45 million gallons a day. It has since been expanded. That water is used throughout central florida for irrigation, livestock, and put directly back into the aquifer thru RIBS. Rapid Infiltration Basins. Also many of you might not want to know this.... but all of Orlando's amusement parks use our water. Thats means all the water rides, swimming pools, and water parks are using reclaimed water that has been cleaned and recycled.

This is rib 6, and all those little squiggles are ribs. The entire facility is miles wide. This is only one section.
upload_2019-9-24_21-29-2.png

I think water reclamation is a big factor. Especially concerning wells removing water from an areas aquifer. When you are putting hundreds of billions of gallons back into the system a year it is a big help. With the addition of water producing self powering solar systems, in industrial and residential use; all of which goes back into the system to be reused. In addition to homes/industry that can produce some if not all their own power could be a big step.

The problem is I think we have a lot of tech out there that will never be utilised. On one hand, I do not think for one second utility companies will allow you to produce your own power and water. How are they going to regulate it? How do they tax it? On the other hand I realise that is what a carbon tax is for. Now they can tax you even for producing self reliant clean energy and water on your own property that uses no resources.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Zoii
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Follow the money. There are plenty of scientists who don't buy the hype, but who gets the funding?
We can follow the money but we will still find that climate change is actually accelerating?

I know for a fact that our climate is changing as I can see the climate change for myself in my own country. I don't need to read a report by the IPCC or some government agency.

Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,988.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Especially since the records don't go back very far.
When you read the phrase “in recorded history,” you think we’re talking about a really long time—the time dating back to the first historical records in Sumeria, circa 3500 BC...um no, in the case of the temperature record, it actually means only 135 years.
Right and really that most obviously demonstrates how disingenuous the support that so called experts give a global warming paradigm. I can't accept that they don't know a little over a hundred years is such a ridiculous measure of time to say anything much about climate and it's norms.

• Agree
Reactions: renniks
Upvote 0

dqhall

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Florida
Visit site
✟766,603.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
If we are going to be more responsible... here is some tech I believe is underutilised. Let's look at this technology. If you have a temperature over -10 degrees celsius, that is 14 degrees fahrenheit, it will continue to produce hot water/steam. No sun needed, can work indoors, at night, and even underwater. Because it generates heated water/steam by temperature differential. Not solar induction.

Used to boil steam instead of heat water it would take only 10 to 13 units to power my home with a 30 kw steam turbine generator. But guess what? They don't sell turbines that small. I can get a fuel operated 30kw all day long. I would have to part out, and build a steam unit myself.

Potable water directly out of the air.

The reason I bring this up is I used to work here:

View attachment 263766

Water Conserv II. The largest used water reclamation facility of it's kind in the world. When I was working there it could handle an influent flow of 45 million gallons a day. It has since been expanded. That water is used throughout central florida for irrigation, livestock, and put directly back into the aquifer thru RIBS. Rapid Infiltration Basins. Also many of you might not want to know this.... but all of Orlando's amusement parks use our water. Thats means all the water rides, swimming pools, and water parks are using reclaimed water that has been cleaned and recycled.

This is rib 6, and all those little squiggles are ribs. The entire facility is miles wide. This is only one section.
View attachment 263767

I think water reclamation is a big factor. Especially concerning wells removing water from an areas aquifer. When you are putting hundreds of billions of gallons back into the system a year it is a big help. With the addition of water producing self powering solar systems, in industrial and residential use; all of which goes back into the system to be reused. In addition to homes/industry that can produce some if not all their own power could be a big step.

The problem is I think we have a lot of tech out there that will never be utilised. On one hand, I do not think for one second utility companies will allow you to produce your own power and water. How are they going to regulate it? How do they tax it? On the other hand I realise that is what a carbon tax is for. Now they can tax you even for producing self reliant clean energy and water on your own property that uses no resources.
Israel has solar hot water heaters on their roofs for domestic hot water use. Many of the roofs are flat as they have arid summers and somewhat wet winters. There are palm trees in Jerusalem. They get plenty of sun.

Cape Coral and Tampa are using reverse osmosis plants to turn salty water to fresh water.

Israel turned to desalinization plants as fresh water supplies are insufficient.

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
We can follow the money but we will still find that climate change is actually accelerating?

I know for a fact that our climate is changing as I can see the climate change for myself in my own country. I don't need to read a report by the IPCC or some government agency.

ME TOO!!!

Reactions: klutedavid
Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

I have spent most of my life in the outdoors. I can tell you that nature is thriving as much today as ever. Yes, things change, that is how the natural world works and always has. But Wildlife populations are healthy, and nature is doing just fine. The polar bear isn't going extinct, wolves aren't endangered, ( what a joke, they actually need more culling) and a few warmer years are not decimating the planet.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I have spent most of my life in the outdoors. I can tell you that nature is thriving as much today as ever. Yes, things change, that is how the natural world works and always has. But Wildlife populations are healthy, and nature is doing just fine. The polar bear isn't going extinct, wolves aren't endangered, ( what a joke, they actually need more culling) and a few warmer years are not decimating the planet.
. Interesting that you should say that . Climate scientist James Hansen used dice . He colored 2 faces of each die in 3 colors for hotter than average , colder than average , and average temperatures . He used red white and blue . This was to demonstrate normal climate. For each year he rolled the dice and some were hotter ,some colder ,and some average.
To show the current warming trend he took one of the average faces and made it red for hotter than average . Rolling these 2nd dice, red showed up more often and the overall temperature of the planet rises . Colder than average didn’t go away , hotter than average just happens more often . And this is exactly what we are seeing!

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Israel has solar hot water heaters on their roofs for domestic hot water use. Many of the roofs are flat as they have arid summers and somewhat wet winters. There are palm trees in Jerusalem. They get plenty of sun.

Cape Coral and Tampa are using reverse osmosis plants to turn salty water to fresh water.

Israel turned to desalinization plants as fresh water supplies are insufficient.

I would think with something along the lines of imminent death and catastrophic failure of our earth in 12 years more would be done along these lines of thought. We have plenty of tech that is not utilised.

• Agree
Reactions: brinny
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
On one hand, I do not think for one second utility companies will allow you to produce your own power and water. How are they going to regulate it? How do they tax it?.
That's the issue... and the government which NEED the taxes will say one thing (in support of say, producing your own power) but then stand against it when it comes time to implement it. They're hypocrites, we have enough of a historical track record to know that statement is true.

I could build this here in Kentucky and I could power my home and nobody would say a thing. The moment I tried to sell it or encourage others to do the same, then they would stand against me. It's insane to think they we can power a home like this, or power a car on water... and these technologies have existed for decades now... and here we still are. Sad!

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
That's the issue... and the government which NEED the taxes will say one thing (in support of say, producing your own power) but then stand against it when it comes time to implement it. They're hypocrites, we have enough of a historical track record to know that statement is true.

I could build this here in Kentucky and I could power my home and nobody would say a thing. The moment I tried to sell it or encourage others to do the same, then they would stand against me. It's insane to think they we can power a home like this, or power a car on water... and these technologies have existed for decades now... and here we still are. Sad!

Its just like where I live in Orlando. A lot of places cannot legally go off grid with a solar system for example. You have to be tied into the grid. The electric company 'buys' your electric by spinning your meter backwards. And what this means is solar houses that save all kinds of money when the power is on, but are completely in the dark during a hurricane. Why does that even make sense?

Other places it is illegal to have rainwater catchment basins. I have about 350 (about 100 gal shy of a months worth) gallons myself that I set up, without a permit, because I have a well and I use the basin to flush my toilet when the power is out. The amount of rain we get, that thing is full in under a week. I have a septic tank so the water just filters into the ground. I even run it thru gravity filtration to shower, wash dishes, and drink. (Big Berkey) I've been a month without power before.

Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I realized that when I saw that some states won’t let you use rain barrels to collect rainwater. if you’re using the water, like most people, to water a garden when it doesn’t rain.... it just didn’t make sense to me. Grandmother had a big garden that she would have loved to use better in the summer but she had to let her garden dry up . Of course she’d complain about her water bill

Upvote 0

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I realized that when I saw that some states won’t let you use rain barrels to collect rainwater. if you’re using the water, like most people, to water a garden when it doesn’t rain.... it just didn’t make sense to me. Grandmother had a big garden that she would have loved to use better in the summer but she had to let her garden dry up . Of course she’d complain about her water bill

From working for the county I can only see it as a power trip. Every single thing needs to be regulated, controlled, taxed, and then sold. I honestly believe they would charge you for air, and sunshine if they could figure out a way to tax it... oh wait!

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Its just like where I live in Orlando. A lot of places cannot legally go off grid with a solar system for example. You have to be tied into the grid. The electric company 'buys' your electric by spinning your meter backwards. And what this means is solar houses that save all kinds of money when the power is on, but are completely in the dark during a hurricane. Why does that even make sense?

Other places it is illegal to have rainwater catchment basins. I have about 350 (about 100 gal shy of a months worth) gallons myself that I set up, without a permit, because I have a well and I use the basin to flush my toilet when the power is out. The amount of rain we get, that thing is full in under a week. I have a septic tank so the water just filters into the ground. I even run it thru gravity filtration to shower, wash dishes, and drink. (Big Berkey) I've been a month without power before.
I live in an area of this particular town (near Lexington, KY) where the city water only got out here 10 years ago. We never hooked up and unlike NJ which made us cap the well and hook up to city water.... I still have a cistern here. An 11,000 gal tank under the porch. What I don't have is solar or wind but we will, soon. I don't need to power. Since my water runs from the cistern through the lines by a pump, that needs to be powered. As does the fan on my wood stove, and the sump pumps. If I could keep the fridge going, all the better. But that is of course thinking as a prepper, which I am really not. LOL

I would love to power the whole house and yes, it makes NO SENSE that somebody with battery power from the sun is off line after a storm. Sheesh!

Reactions: LostMarbels
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LostMarbels

All-Lives-Matter
Jun 18, 2011
Orlando Fl
✟173,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
I would love to power the whole house and yes, it makes NO SENSE that somebody with battery power from the sun is off line after a storm. Sheesh!

Well since they are hooked up to the meter and the power grid, the power is cut incase a line is down. I was always thinking it would run like a transfer switch for a emergency generator, but you only have solar power if the plant is giving power.

https://inhabitat.com/florida-residents-prohibited-from-using-solar-energy-after-hurricane-irma/

Up to 40 percent of Floridians lost power after the hurricane. And although some of them had solar panels on their roofs, not all were able to use that solar power. Under Florida Power and Light (FPL)’s net metering guidelines, “Renewable generator systems connected to the grid without batteries are not a standby power source during an FPL outage. The system must shut down when FPL’s grid shuts down in order to prevent dangerous back feed on FPL’s grid. This is required to protect FPL employees who may be working on the grid.”

I like how they say "not all". It was like 14% of people with solar that had power.
Imagine having paid some $40,00 to find out... whoops, it doesn't work if the power is out. :scratch:

Last edited:
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
But Wildlife populations are healthy, and nature is doing just fine.

We are actually in the midst of an extinction crisis. Most of that is due to habitat destruction by deforestation and pollution but global warming is a real factor as well.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
We are actually in the midst of an extinction crisis. Most of that is due to habitat destruction by deforestation and pollution but global warming is a real factor as well.
Are there any biblical prophecies that indicate that man will cause himself to go extinct?

Upvote 0

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hogwash. The common species are doing great, many are overpopulated. Yes, there are problem areas that need conservation.
In the centuries since 1500, some 514 species have gone extinct on land but only 15 in the oceans, and none at all in the past 50 years.
And there are millions of species yet to be discovered.

• Winner
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Brightmoon

Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Hogwash. The common species are doing great, many are overpopulated. Yes, there are problem areas that need conservation.
In the centuries since 1500, some 514 species have gone extinct on land but only 15 in the oceans, and none at all in the past 50 years.
And there are millions of species yet to be discovered.
. That was actually the most misinformed post I’ve ever read on CF. Where do you get your misinformation from ?

Upvote 0