Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes, it does. Because the bible says that the we are to live by every word of God, does it not? And since we're Christians, if God didn't say through prophets that we would cause extinction due to our environmental understanding, then it isn't happening. Not that we are good stewards of this planet, Jack... but there isn't even a remote hint in the bible that SUV's and cow farts would kill us off. :)
It is very interesting to consider the spiritual dimension of the climate change doctrine. Quite noticeable is the difference between those who hold to traditional Biblical Christianity and liberal Christians who align with secular orthodoxy on most matters. Those in the scientific & academic communities who have contrary views are treated as heretics and punished. The intensity of feeling & faith in professional prophets among AGW believers is not unlike the commitment of religious adherents. Where this will all lead us I do not know but I am sure it involves much more than arguments over temperature.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
It is very interesting to consider the spiritual dimension of the climate change doctrine. Quite noticeable is the difference between those who hold to traditional Biblical Christianity and liberal Christians who align with secular orthodoxy on most matters. Those in the scientific & academic communities who have contrary views are treated as heretics and punished. The intensity of feeling & faith in professional prophets among AGW believers is not unlike the commitment of religious adherents. Where this will all lead us I do not know but I am sure it involves much more than arguments over temperature.
I actually think you have it backwards. While some more conservative Christians might consider a liberal Christian a heretic...as compared to all people, the conservative Christian is no longer the majority. But your overall point is taken.

Upvote 0

creslaw

Site Supporter
Oct 20, 2015
✟171,835.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I actually think you have it backwards. While some more conservative Christians might consider a liberal Christian a heretic...as compared to all people, the conservative Christian is no longer the majority. But your overall point is taken.
My "heretic" remark was actually referring to those in the academic & scientific communities who express a conclusion contrary to orthodox climate change doctrine. In my country, Dr Peter Ridd was fired from his job and the message has gone out that people had better keep quiet or they will face the inquisition.

Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

miggles

miggles
May 15, 2004
florida
✟40,924.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Global warming is no hoax. July 2019 was the warmest month ever recorded on earth. Sea level rise increased to 1/8 inch per year and was accelerating. Experiments showed CO2 filled containers trapped more heat than air filled containers.
it'll bounce back in 2020.

Upvote 0