Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Klutedavid

Your original post was correct.
Your recent remark that extinction of species is happening is also true. Both trends are accelerating. Taken together, the combined picture paints a story that is very serious.

It is not unusual for threads on this forum to wander off-topic. That esp. applies to discussions about evolution and climate change.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The effects of global warming are one very important part of the end time scenario, described in the book of Revelation.

A one world governing authority is fueled by an out of control world where even the weather is in crisis. National governments cannot combat catastrophic climate change as they are self absorbed.

You have missed the boat on this one my friend.
I think one of the most saddest commentaries on the modern church is how flippant we get toward other brothers in Christ just because we don't agree on something that isn't spelled out in Scripture. "You miss the boat on this one my friend" when there is no direct mention of global warming? So if I agree with you I made the boat, and if not I missed it? Very nice... you might read Proverbs 6:16-19 and pay close attention to verse 19, it should be humbling.

That aside... the fervent heat and unquenchable fire that cause the Earth to "pass away" isn't from SUV's David... it's an act of GOD. I am not even sure how you can take the prophetic events in the bible and construe them in a way that takes God out of that equation. However, I can respect that this is your interpretation and won't insist that you missed some boat. I take the verse mentioned above seriously... you should consider doing so as well.

I haven't gotten to your other posts, at this point I am not sure I will.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Climate is always changing
That sums up the climatological history of Earth. People seem to think the Earth has had a constant temperature, it >>NEVER<< has. Records indicate that during the time of Yeshua, it was warmer then by an amount that exceeds the current warming trend... and they all lived. Hmm...

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I'm only interested in the meteorology data.
There are different ways to look at the same data, but the mainstream is only presenting one way. Dig around a little. And with that, I am not saying the Earth isn't warming... I am saying that "Climate Change" is what it does. Historically, it changes often. Since 1880, the Earth has warmed less than 1 degree (0.85F). But we have DEFINITIVE scientific proof that we have had extreme warming that melted glaciers just 2000-2500 years ago. Take 5 minutes and read THIS, it's from Science Daily .com.

Point being... climate changes... warm, cold... and the Earth continues, people continue, until God stops it as prophesied. He does it, we don't... we don't have authority to act outside of that which He called us to do.

Your generating far too much confusion, the conversation is about a climate report handed to the United Nations. Stay on topic.
Not at all... what I am providing is evidence that shouldn't be overlooked. When the people who are pushing this narrative on our society are living in a manner that completely and totally contradicts what they are preaching, then that needs to be considered. If the oceans are rising then why buy beachfront homes? If fossil fuels are killing us... then why fly private jets at all, let alone to global climate conferences in other countries?

"Do as I say, not as I do," is what Pharisees expected of us. It is part of the discussion, it just puts your side in a bad light because of their open hypocrisy.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

aiki

Feb 16, 2007
Winnipeg
✟236,538.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
The climate is changing and the data indicates that.

Yes. So? It's always in the process of changing.

Yet you are correct about a one world governing body, that is a necessity.

Oh? Where did I say anything about a world government?

If there is one thing human history reveals, it is that the human heart is profoundly wicked, just as the Bible says. We can look down the corridors of the past and see that when power is united to this wickedness, unbelievable atrocities result. With only the power of a single government and nation, Stalin was able to kill tens of millions of his own people. Hitler, too, with the much smaller German nation, managed to murder some 11 million people. Imagine the murderous tyranny a global government could impose on the world! No thanks.

We need to control the madness of the governments around the world.

The problem is the evil human heart. Any and all governments, made up of humans as they are, suffer from this terrible moral malady, which is why so many of them turn oppressive, and tyrannical, and corrupt. I would never subscribe to a political system that imparted global power to a single ruling body. Given the innate wickedness of the human heart, that would be foolishness of gargantuan proportions!

Lunatics run our country and from what I can see around the world, governments are very similar everywhere else. Self absorbed, power hungry, corrupt, ambitious, delinquent folk, these politicians.

And so the answer is to consolidate and massively increase the power in the hands of politicians through global government? That's madness, as far as I'm concerned.

I sometimes think we focus on the political class far too much. It's disturbing when you look into other peoples lives to the extent that we look into politicians lives.

Politicians are merely in a position to illustrate more publicly the propensity toward evil that is present in each of us. This is why severely limiting their power, and the power of government in general, is so vital.

Last edited:
  • Winner
Reactions: Ken Rank
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I keep up to date with climate change information and the level of global climate change is accelerating.

It is scary news these days but is going to get much worse as we progress. We have already locked in a three or four degree change in the future with our past emissions.

If the governments continue to disregard deep and effective changes to CO2 emissions. The future climate will rise higher than a few degrees.

And what's your solution?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

renniks

Jun 2, 2008
✟149,430.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'd really like to know on what basis such a claim is made.
Especially since the records don't go back very far.
When you read the phrase “in recorded history,” you think we’re talking about a really long time—the time dating back to the first historical records in Sumeria, circa 3500 BC...um no, in the case of the temperature record, it actually means only 135 years.

Upvote 0

Ken Rank

Site Supporter
Jan 12, 2014
Winchester, KENtucky
✟308,985.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Global warming is no hoax. July 2019 was the warmest month ever recorded on earth. Sea level rise increased to 1/8 inch per year and was accelerating. Experiments showed CO2 filled containers trapped more heat than air filled containers.
SIGH.... what exactly do you think the temperature should be? Do you really think it should remain the same all the time? Well... I do... I would love that! 85 with no humidity during the day, a cool low 60's at night, that would be awesome. But that also isn't reality. The climate changes, that is what it does. 2500-2000 years ago there was warming to the point where glaciers melted at a very fast rate (that article is HERE). Then it got cooler, and then warmer... and then around 1450 we entered a mini-ice age and that ended in about 1850 and it has been warming up ever since. So what? That is what the Earth does and people, and the Earth, have lived through it. So will we again, it is just cycles. We need to get a grip!

• Agree
Reactions: aiki
Upvote 0

Yekcidmij

Presbyterian, Polymath
Feb 18, 2002
East Coast
✟232,456.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

When you read the phrase “in recorded history,” you think we’re talking about a really long time—the time dating back to the first historical records in Sumeria, circa 3500 BC...um no, in the case of the temperature record, it actually means only 135 years.

There are ways to measure temperatures over longer periods of time.

Picture Climate: How Can We Learn from Tree Rings? | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) formerly known as National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

Core questions: An introduction to ice cores – Climate Change: Vital Signs of the Planet

Varves

Rapid climate fluctuations over the past millennium: evidence from a lacustrine record of Basomtso Lake, southeastern Tibetan Plateau

What Geology Has to Say About Global Warming

Paleoclimatology Data | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI) formerly known as National Climatic Data Center (NCDC)

So it's not really accurate to imply the nobody has any idea what global mean temp's were beyond 135 years ago.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

gideon123

Humble Servant of God
Dec 25, 2011
USA
✟59,081.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Ken Rank

SIGH. do you really believe that all the world's scientists are stupid? This seems to be what you are implying. Scientists are well aware of the many temperature cycles that have affected the Earth in the past. They are the ones who collected that data and looked at the theories.

Therefore, when scientists say that current trends DO NOT match past experience ... they mean that what is happening now is very different from past trends. Climate Change is occurring and accelerating, and it is caused by human activity. That is the gist of the whole thing.

The issue is ... what - if anything - are we going to do about it?

• Winner
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Brightmoon

Apes and humans are all in family Hominidae.
Mar 2, 2018
NYC
✟151,950.00
Country
United States
Faith
Episcopalian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
082F816F-4CED-4B67-9E2F-39D973DD8A09.jpeg

This is a photo you’ll have to go to the website to read the reports

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
There are different ways to look at the same data, but the mainstream is only presenting one way. Dig around a little. And with that, I am not saying the Earth isn't warming... I am saying that "Climate Change" is what it does. Historically, it changes often.
Well that will be news for the climate scientists.

How stupid are they?

I am baffled as to what you are thinking or even if you understand what you are talking about?

Climate scientists study climate change across history and that includes the climatic event that you mentioned. That is exactly what climate scientists concentrate on; the study of climate variation across time.
Since 1880, the Earth has warmed less than 1 degree (0.85F). But we have DEFINITIVE scientific proof that we have had extreme warming that melted glaciers just 2000-2500 years ago. Take 5 minutes and read THIS, it's from Science Daily .com.
I am baffled by your statements?

You honestly believe that climate scientists who are the experts on historical climate change, don't understand what your talking about?

I am not sure if I should take you seriously?
Point being... climate changes... warm, cold... and the Earth continues, people continue, until God stops it as prophesied. He does it, we don't... we don't have authority to act outside of that which He called us to do.
God may well stop it but that does not mean that we are not undergoing a climate apocalypse before He calls an end to it all?
Not at all... what I am providing is evidence that shouldn't be overlooked. When the people who are pushing this narrative on our society are living in a manner that completely and totally contradicts what they are preaching, then that needs to be considered.
They are not pushing any narrative on society?

They are employed to study how the climate changes over time and reporting the historical and ongoing results to the government.

That includes climate variations from 2000 years ago and 2500 years ago. Studying these kind of climatic fluctuation across time is exactly what they spend their time doing. They go back much further in time than a mere two thousand years.
If the oceans are rising then why buy beachfront homes? If fossil fuels are killing us... then why fly private jets at all, let alone to global climate conferences in other countries?
Is this related to the OP?
"Do as I say, not as I do," is what Pharisees expected of us. It is part of the discussion, it just puts your side in a bad light because of their open hypocrisy.
I cannot even understand or untangle these comments by you.

My side?

Open hypocrisy?

Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
You need to do some research on how climate science studies climate change beyond the era of recorded meteorology.

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
And what's your solution?
Given that the third world is developing rapidly and adding to the enormous load of CO2 emissions. For example, China developed in the space of thirty years from a low emission country to the highest emitter of green house gases in the world.

Add to that, we currently do not have the scientific technology to store vast amounts of power, from say alternative power generating sources, i.e. wind, solar, e.t.c.

Thus there is no silver bullet to solve the problem of this ever accelerating climate change phenomenon.

Reactions: Yekcidmij
Upvote 0