Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I've been going to a church with my husband and besides the pastor/wife, there is one other couple and the daughter. My husband does not want to socialize much so I end up being by myself and it feels akward. It was bad enough while in a church with many people and he was like that, but in a small group like this, it's different. Plus the people have known each other for a lot longer. Nothing really happens outside Sun and Wed evening partly b/c I work on Fri and Sat and I often have no energy for much else on Sun. ? One of my hobbies was singing but since I have had this job for 1.5 years, most stuff is on Sat and I can't do this.

I like the teaching, should we stick with this or look for maybe another group setting elsewhere

ShawnMCG

Church Growth Enthusiast
Oct 1, 2015
Southern California
Visit site
✟15,191.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Engaged
I would suggest finding a local church that you feel peace about entering. It seems as though you're more drained by attending this church than anything. Find a church that will teach the word of God, give you rest, and equip you for the work of the Ministry in your field of influence. :)

Praying for you, your family, and all that you do!

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I've been going to a church with my husband and besides the pastor/wife, there is one other couple and the daughter. My husband does not want to socialize much so I end up being by myself and it feels akward. It was bad enough while in a church with many people and he was like that, but in a small group like this, it's different. Plus the people have known each other for a lot longer. Nothing really happens outside Sun and Wed evening partly b/c I work on Fri and Sat and I often have no energy for much else on Sun. ? One of my hobbies was singing but since I have had this job for 1.5 years, most stuff is on Sat and I can't do this.

I like the teaching, should we stick with this or look for maybe another group setting elsewhere
I've generally attended small churches and like the feel of them, BUT it looks like you and your family would do better with a larger one. That assumes, however, that there is nothing very special about the small one you have been attending, such as it being the only congregation in town of the denomination you identify with and think is correct on its doctrines, or something like that. If that's not the case, there's no reason not to look around.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
other churches of the type are like 1 hr away
Then I'm somewhat unsure of what your situation is and what you are asking. IF it is the case that the small church is the one for you, denomination-wise and doctrine-wise, such that you'd be opting for a different theology by switching to a different, larger congregation in your area, and you don't want to do this...

...then the answer is "No." Don't change. You have to find some way to make the small one work.

BUT you started us off by asking if you SHOULD seek another church. This looks to me like you're saying that some of the churches that are within a comfortable and practical driving distance (not the 1 hour distance) might be acceptable to you, doctrinally and etc.

Help me out with that.

Upvote 0

janny108

Feb 7, 2005
Arizona
Visit site
✟23,724.00
Faith
Word of Faith
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
Then I'm somewhat unsure of what your situation is and what you are asking. IF it is the case that the small church is the one for you, denomination-wise and doctrine-wise, such that you'd be opting for a different theology by switching to a different, larger congregation in your area, and you don't want to do this...

...then the answer is "No." Don't change. You have to find some way to make the small one work.

BUT you started us off by asking if you SHOULD seek another church. This looks to me like you're saying that some of the churches that are within a comfortable and practical driving distance (not the 1 hour distance) might be acceptable to you, doctrinally and etc.

Help me out with that.
I really like the teaching and for the first time I am happy I found this church. I do miss music involvement, sunday school (interaction) with others. Husband would come to church but we did not have the social ties I crave. We were part of calvary chapel, and we felt lost in the crowd. Unless you go to a church with friends/family which we did not have. I don't know if it's more lonely with a crowd or a small group.

Upvote 0