Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
So I guess it's a thing that a lot of people are looking to get in relationships around this time of year. I'm not sure why since it's one of the busiest times of the year.
Today on the Christian radio the DJ was talking about their niece having found someone on Black Friday.

She was already talking about buying an Apple watch for him, which he said is a whole another topic and no no. But for some reason he said he didn't want to spend Christmas with her. So she's postponing giving him the Apple watch, but the DJ says that he thinks that it's a red flag. He said he understands how busy one can get, but to have a few minutes together for Christmas seems like a solid relationship choice.

What do you think?

Saucy

King of CF
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2005
Michigan
✟838,784.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I think finding a relationship this time of year is like people who buy a dog. Many of them end up returned to the pound. I understand this time of year for many is romantic, but I wouldn't take things too far. Once the "romantic" wears off, what are you left with? A slew of bad decisions and hurt feelings? Or is it still awesome after the New Year?

Reactions: sampa
Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I blame these for the song "Last Christmas" being played in stores, and that is the worst song having to do with Christmas that I have ever heard.

sampa
sampa
I'm not sure whether to laugh or say I agree. Last week I watched a movie that was called last christmas. The song being played over and over again really made me despise that song. That's probably on my top 10 list of songs I don't care for.
Upvote 0
Upvote 0

pen_and_poetry

Kale Queen
Nov 25, 2022
Orange county, CA
✟25,866.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Libertarian
Well, "cuffing season" is a thing--cozying up with a special someone in the winter months. Then spending the holidays alone has a certain appeal like the heirloom fruit cake, to great many people. I was little bit of a rascal in my 20s and would have been down for a snog on NYE even if we didn't go anywhere after that. It's a tad foolish, yes, but it can be fun if done right and you don't go too far or think you'll marry the person after a week (or buying an Apple Watch for them, gyah!). I dunno, that's my two cents :)

Upvote 0

Miles

Student of Life
Mar 6, 2005
USA
✟382,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
If they're typically single, and the two of you like each other well enough, I can see it working. On the other hand, if they recently broke up or are usually in a relationship and simply can't stand being alone for the holidays, run!

I blame these for the song "Last Christmas" being played in stores, and that is the worst song having to do with Christmas that I have ever heard.

That song is so annoying, lol. Not because it's poorly written, or that there's anything wrong with how it's performed, but because it's not in the holiday spirit.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

DragonFox91

Dec 20, 2020
Michigan
✟216,025.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I always want a relationship! But it is especially challenging this time of year, I won't deny that. Even the times it's really busy.

In regards to the story, does 'getting together for Christmas' mean w/ her family, or his family? If so, considering their relationship just started, I can totally understand why he'd say no to that. That would be me!
I think an Apple watch is going overboard for 1st gift. Maybe she has a lot of $$$? Doesn't matter. She s/ get him something more personal. She s/ tell him she really wants to get him Apple watch but wants to get something more personal this time b/c it means a bit more.

Upvote 0

Lost Witness

Ezekiel 3:3 ("Change")
Nov 10, 2022
New York
✟97,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
bah-humbug-no-christmas.gif

• Haha
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,301.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
I haven't heard about this happening, but if I had to guess why, it's because Christmas is when people feel the most lonely.

I've been lonely and depressed for a long time now but "missing christmas" doesn't make it worse. I suppose I'm not looking to celebrate christmas as I know at the back of my head, it is an unholy deception dating back to the ancient Roman empire. So for me, it doesn't really matter.

Upvote 0