Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Ray Kurzweil and Dmitry Iskov from 2045.com wants to end death completely and wants humanity to live forever in a "avator" by 2045 and it's becoming a midstream now. This is not a joke and they are completely serious about this. I for one believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead three days later. But I can not bare to live inside an avator for eternity.

Ray Kurzweil is a very smart man no doubt about it, but I in fear transhumanism will become a reality by a quarter of a century from now, and I hope he's wrong about the singularity and transhumanism.

They even think they can one day transfer your soul and consisouness to an avator from the human body one day.

Also some people aim to bring back the dead. I strongly disagree with that. Do you think that's possible?

Technology is improving at an alarming rate and we will never know what they will be capable of in the future. Hopefully the second coming of Christ is coming to stop all this.

Would transhumanism defeat death, if so, you can still choose to die and go to heaven with Jesus right? I for one would hate to be forced to be in an avator one day. I would still choose to die even though they invent the technology for immortality.

Would that defeat the purpose of living for Christ and going to Heaven?

Let me know if you guys think about all of this. When they invent the technology to live forever in avators I will still choose to stay in by biological body and die and go the heaven.

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
They are still trying to grab ahold of that lie which first deceived Eve, that they shall be like God. It won't work for them either. God is still in charge. They can only go as far as He permits and no further.

Upvote 0

Winken

Heimat
Site Supporter
Sep 24, 2010
✟168,847.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ray Kurzweil and Dmitry Iskov from 2045.com wants to end death completely and wants humanity to live forever in a "avator" by 2045 and it's becoming a midstream now. This is not a joke and they are completely serious about this. I for one believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead three days later. But I can not bare to live inside an avator for eternity.

Ray Kurzweil is a very smart man no doubt about it, but I in fear transhumanism will become a reality by a quarter of a century from now, and I hope he's wrong about the singularity and transhumanism.

They even think they can one day transfer your soul and consisouness to an avator from the human body one day.

Also some people aim to bring back the dead. I strongly disagree with that. Do you think that's possible?

Technology is improving at an alarming rate and we will never know what they will be capable of in the future. Hopefully the second coming of Christ is coming to stop all this.

Would transhumanism defeat death, if so, you can still choose to die and go to heaven with Jesus right? I for one would hate to be forced to be in an avator one day. I would still choose to die even though they invent the technology for immortality.

Let me know if you guys think about all of this. When they invent the technology to live forever in avators I will still choose to stay in by biological body and die and go the heaven.
Watch the products of our younger generations climb on board, insisting it is "truer" than the Bible.

Upvote 0

Theokayman1

Jun 13, 2017
Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't care about being like god, at all. I certainly don't wanna live on earth as an avatar forever. What I truly want is love from Jesus and live my life and eventually be with Jesus in heaven where it is mainly Love.

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Interesting but impossible. These concepts and ideals have been presented to us through mass media from way back in the 80s and even earlier. This is one of the areas where religion and science should agree. We cannot live forever, not even by technology. The thing with technology is that it too becomes obsolete, e.g. perceived obsolescence vs planned obsolescence

Technology becomes outdated by one or both of these ways. If technology cannot even sustain itself without being redesigned than how do you expect it to sustain human life?

Have you seen the first Alien movie with Sigourney Weaver? Prometheus? In Time? Repoman?

I think the latter would be a more appropriate assumption if given a choice. Manufacturing artificial organs and selling them for a price. The rich survive and the poor die ... or the rich simply live longer. Less Hollywood realities like this do happen (people do sell and steal organs on a black market, etc.)

You won't live inside an "avator" forever. Only heaven and hell are forever

Reactions: Sparker
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single

I think there's different degrees of transhumanism. The "uploading minds into a computer" thing I don't support because 1. tech can fail if there's like a solar flare or something, and 2. in all likelihood the original consciousness would be destroyed and we'd just have a replica of that consciousness. Consciousness itself is a tricky thing we don't fully understand yet.

I see nothing wrong with trying to extend life, create better technology, and improve wellbeing though. Those aspects of transhumanism I support fully. Providing of course, it's done in a way that can be easily attained by everyone, not just the people in power.

And as for overpopulation issues from no one dying? Space travel can fix that.

They are still trying to grab ahold of that lie which first deceived Eve, that they shall be like God. It won't work for them either. God is still in charge. They can only go as far as He permits and no further.

That wasn't the lie. The lie was that they wouldn't die. The other part of what the serpent said was the truth part of the half-truth, but the only way they would become like God was "knowing good and evil", that's it. You and I are already like God in the only sense the serpent indicated, and people either seem to not know it or conveniently ignore it. That part was true. The "you won't die" part was the lie.

Upvote 0

Jesus4Ever

May 21, 2017
Nazareth
✟16,819.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
God won't allow it to happen if its not part of His Will.

Also how are they going to transport a human soul into virtual reality?

Finally...at one point I would have been on board with this except God and an anime known as Fractale showed me differently.

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Well I agree with life extension but I can't agree with immortality via an avator and reviving the dead.

Which in many ways has already been achieved. Life expectancy was 60 in the 1930s, 68 in the 50s, and now it's around 70-80s.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Which in many ways has already been achieved. Life expectancy was 60 in the 1930s, 68 in the 50s, and now it's around 70-80s.

However, by the increasingly serious violation of the environment we are again depressing life expectancy.

• Agree
Reactions: archer75
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
The consciousness uploading is impossible and will never happen.

These things come alomg every so often. And once again, nothing will come of it. Just another cash grab.

Upvote 0

Theokayman1

Jun 13, 2017
Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
They will devote their whole lives to making this happen. Ray Kurzweil is taking 100 pills a day so he can 'live to a day where they can transfer his consisiounesss to an avatar'. He also has a team that is trying to make that happen. Working on it. Remember he works for google and that's why I am worried.

Dimtry iskov is a Russian billionaire of 2045.com that is trying to do the same thing. He also has a team of scientists and technicians trying to achieve this goal. And they will do this for the rest of their lives unless they succeed.

Do you think despite all that they will not be able to achieve their goal?

Ps if they do achieve their goal I want no part of it. I would choose to stay human and die naturally and be with the Lord Jesus in heaven. :)

Unless they can revive the dead which I hope that's not possible either.

Reactions: fat wee robin
Upvote 0

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
They will devote their whole lives to making this happen. Ray Kurzweil is taking 100 pills a day so he can 'live to a day where they can transfer his consisiounesss to an avatar'. He also has a team that is trying to make that happen. Working on it. Remember he works for google and that's why I am worried.

Dimtry iskov is a Russian billionaire of 2045.com that is trying to do the same thing. He also has a team of scientists and technicians trying to achieve this goal. And they will do this for the rest of their lives unless they succeed.

Do you think despite all that they will not be able to achieve their goal?

Ps if they do achieve their goal I want no part of it. I would choose to stay human and die naturally and be with the Lord Jesus in heaven. :)

Unless they can revive the dead which I hope that's not possible either.
Taking 100 pills a day? Sounds productive. If taking pills extends your life so much, why not take a thousand?

I looked up Kurzwell. I see that he has all kinds of skills I don't have at all. And still, I'm certain that if he believes this at all, he's fooling himself.

Life is hard enough without trying to live forever. This is a result of the emptiness of modern life. No fulfillment -- so you think you want it never to end!

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
However, by the increasingly serious violation of the environment we are again depressing life expectancy.

I would say it depends on where you live and many other factors. In general, life expectancy in Western and developed countries is on the rise regardless of factors such as the environment. We have been violating the environment since the 30s but yet still LE is on the rise

I'm not discounting your point, my OP was based on transhumanism solely. I fully agree. I wonder how much we are depressing life expectancy as a result of harming the environment in relation to the rate at which we are increasing it with medicine/technology etc?

Upvote 0

Theokayman1

Jun 13, 2017
Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
And you don't think reviving the dead is possible, right?

Reviving the recently dead through shock is possible, but I'm talking about those who died a month ago or even a day ago. They can't be revived right?

Would hate to be revived after I lived a long life and died of natural causes.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

archer75

Site Supporter
Nov 16, 2016
USA
✟256,152.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And you don't think reviving the dead is possible, right?

Reviving the recently dead through shock is possible, but I'm talking about those who died a month ago or even a day ago. They can't be revived right?

Would hate to be revived after I lived a long life and died of natural causes.
There's no way the dead-dead can be revived by medical / technological means.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,476,134.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I would say it depends on where you live and many other factors. In general, life expectancy in Western and developed countries is on the rise regardless of factors such as the environment. We have been violating the environment since the 30s but yet still LE is on the rise

I'm not discounting your point, my OP was based on transhumanism solely. I fully agree. I wonder how much we are depressing life expectancy as a result of harming the environment in relation to the rate at which we are increasing it with medicine/technology etc?

Sure, we may develop the ability to extend the lives of severe Alzheimer patients indefinitely...but they wouldn't know it.

Upvote 0

MustardSeeed

Ambivert
Mar 7, 2017
canada
✟40,822.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Sure, we may develop the ability to extend the lives of severe Alzheimer patients indefinitely...but they wouldn't know it.

Part of transhumanism is eradicating disease. I would like to hope that someone who spends millions of dollars (or more) and tens of years of research (or more) doing whatever it is these folks do ... would be smart and able enough to create a technology and/or A.I that would do more than simply keep the heart beating (we have already done this)

There are hospital induced comas and people living in a "vegetative" state with no consciousness (presumably) already ...

Reactions: CrystalDragon
Upvote 0

Micah Redding

Apr 5, 2017
Nashville, TN
✟8,161.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi all! Thanks for taking some time to think through this in a positive way. I think it's going to be an incredibly important discussion for our future.

Personally, I'm a transhumanist because I'm a Christian. Christ calls us to feed the hungry, heal the sick, and bring life to the dead—and God commissions us, from the first moments of the biblical story, to use technology in that work.

In fact, science and technology are part of what it means to be made in the image of God, as spelled out in Genesis 1 and 2.

A great example is the first act of redemption in the Bible. God calls Noah to begin the world's largest-ever technological project, so that Noah can participate with God in the salvation of all life.

Naturally, some transhumanist ideas and bad, and some are good. This is part of the reason I think it's important for Christians to be involved in the conversation—so that we can learn how to better use our God-given scientific and technological impulses for good.

Love to have you join us at the Christian Transhumanist Association.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theokayman1

Jun 13, 2017
Dallas
✟16,666.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But how would we die one day of natural causes and go to heaven to be with the lord Jesus Christ? Do we choose to die when we are done with our bionic bodies. Is it not okay to live a long life and die of natural causes and go to heaven with Jesus, where we will then go to heaven? Does god not want us in heaven one day?

Hi all! Thanks for taking some time to think through this in a positive way. I think it's going to be an incredibly important discussion for our future.

Personally, I'm a transhumanist because I'm a Christian. Christ calls us to feed the hungry, heal the sick, and bring life to the dead—and God commissions us, from the first moments of the biblical story, to use technology in that work.

In fact, science and technology are part of what it means to be made in the image of God, as spelled out in Genesis 1 and 2.

A great example is the first act of redemption in the Bible. God calls Noah to begin the world's largest-ever technological project, so that Noah can participate with God in the salvation of all life.

Naturally, some transhumanist ideas and bad, and some are good. This is part of the reason I think it's important for Christians to be involved in the conversation—so that we can learn how to better use our God-given scientific and technological impulses for good.

Love to have you join us at the Christian Transhumanist Association.

Upvote 0