Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Ray Kurzweil and Dmitry Iskov from 2045.com wants to end death completely and wants humanity to live forever in a "avator" by 2045 and it's becoming a midstream now. This is not a joke and they are completely serious about this. I for one believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead three days later. But I can not bare to live inside an avator for eternity.

Ray Kurzweil is a very smart man no doubt about it, but I in fear transhumanism will become a reality by a quarter of a century from now, and I hope he's wrong about the singularity and transhumanism.

They even think they can one day transfer your soul and consisouness to an avator from the human body one day.

Also some people aim to bring back the dead. I strongly disagree with that. Do you think that's possible?

Technology is improving at an alarming rate and we will never know what they will be capable of in the future. Hopefully the second coming of Christ is coming to stop all this.

Would transhumanism defeat death, if so, you can still choose to die and go to heaven with Jesus right? I for one would hate to be forced to be in an avator one day. I would still choose to die even though they invent the technology for immortality.

Would that defeat the purpose of living for Christ and going to Heaven?

Let me know if you guys think about all of this. When they invent the technology to live forever in avators I will still choose to stay in by biological body and die and go the heaven.

This desire has been going on for a long time. Even if they copy the brain activities to the point of exact duplication, it will not be them. They will still die and the Artificial Intelligence machine they make will not be them. The spirit of man is beyond the ken of mankind's understanding. Consider what the psalmists says:

Psa 49:6 They that trust in their wealth, and boast themselves in the multitude of their riches;
Psa 49:7 None of them can by any means redeem his brother, nor give to God a ransom for him:
Psa 49:8 (For the redemption of their soul is precious, and it ceaseth for ever:)
Psa 49:9 That he should still live for ever, and not see corruption.
Psa 49:10 For he seeth that wise men die, likewise the fool and the brutish person perish, and leave their wealth to others.
Psa 49:11 Their inward thought is, that their houses shall continue for ever, and their dwelling places to all generations; they call their lands after their own names.
Psa 49:12 Nevertheless man being in honour abideth not: he is like the beasts that perish.
Psa 49:13 This their way is their folly: yet their posterity approve their sayings. Selah.
Psa 49:14 Like sheep they are laid in the grave; death shall feed on them; and the upright shall have dominion over them in the morning; and their beauty shall consume in the grave from their dwelling.

Upvote 0
Jul 3, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The death spoke of in Genesis 3:4 references arguing back and forth. The knowledge of good vs evil. That is where separation exists. When we fail to build each other up in the Precious Treasures who we really are, we are dead in the spirit, walking alongside the ruler of this world.

Upvote 0

Yanni depp

Est. 1986
Jun 8, 2017
BC
✟71,722.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Ray Kurzweil and Dmitry Iskov from 2045.com wants to end death completely and wants humanity to live forever in a "avator" by 2045 and it's becoming a midstream now. This is not a joke and they are completely serious about this. I for one believe that Jesus died for our sins and rose from the dead three days later. But I can not bare to live inside an avator for eternity.

Ray Kurzweil is a very smart man no doubt about it, but I in fear transhumanism will become a reality by a quarter of a century from now, and I hope he's wrong about the singularity and transhumanism.

They even think they can one day transfer your soul and consisouness to an avator from the human body one day.

Also some people aim to bring back the dead. I strongly disagree with that. Do you think that's possible?

Technology is improving at an alarming rate and we will never know what they will be capable of in the future. Hopefully the second coming of Christ is coming to stop all this.

Would transhumanism defeat death, if so, you can still choose to die and go to heaven with Jesus right? I for one would hate to be forced to be in an avator one day. I would still choose to die even though they invent the technology for immortality.

Would that defeat the purpose of living for Christ and going to Heaven?

Let me know if you guys think about all of this. When they invent the technology to live forever in avators I will still choose to stay in by biological body and die and go the heaven.
Did you learn about this from rob skiba? He believes its possible, linking it to the mark of the beast. In my opinion it would be like being a ghost in an avatar/robot cause you'd lose 3 out of five senses touch/smell/taste.
Do you listen to steve quayle at all?

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
This is the oldest lie from satan, you will be as gods, surely you will never die. This is total deception and rooted in the antichrist completely.

That wasn't the lie from the serpent (the serpent wasn't Satan, the idea that they were the same didn't come til centuries later). The lie was that Adam and Eve wouldn't die. The other part people take out of context and shorten. The actual mention is "You shall become like God, knowing good and evil". That's the part of the serpent's statement that was true, the other part was the lie. Do you know what is good and evil? Congratulations, you're "like God" in the only way that was referenced in the Garden.

Also, there were "many antichrists" in the days of the Bible. There's never supposed to be an Antichrist. That's all hearsay that people pick up without actually looking into it.

Reactions: Micah Redding
Upvote 0

LizaMarie

Jan 17, 2015
✟142,382.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Revelation 9:6. I personally believe this is a prophecy that is speaking to transhumanism and posthumanism in the last days.
We as Christians, are much more than just our bodies and physical selves. We also have a soul that will live eternally and we will be given new bodies at the Resurrection, eternal ones.
The four last things are: death, judgement, Heaven and Hell. No one escapes death, except those still alive at the Second Coming, whom Christ already knows who they will be.
We were not made, or meant, to live forever on this earth, which is passing away,(entropy) in our current sinful states. It would be a curse, just as Revelation 9:6 prophecies.
Now I have no problem with naturally extending life, through curing disease and nutrition, healthy living, curing cancer, HIV and all the things we are seeking to do. Heck, If I could live an active life to 120 I'd be all for it. But these bodies have an expiration date, which is really a blessing, because we weren't meant for eternal life in our current, sinful state, and in this fallen universe. HTH.

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They are still trying to grab ahold of that lie which first deceived Eve, that they shall be like God. It won't work for them either. God is still in charge. They can only go as far as He permits and no further.
An excellent succinct reply .:amen:

Upvote 0

fat wee robin

Jan 12, 2015
✟47,420.00
Country
France
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi Yall. My name is Mark. I run a site called www.TheSingularity.com.

I got saved in 92 and went to bible college in 94. I’ve been active in the church pretty much my whole adult life.

Even in bible college, the teaching about the 2nd coming of Christ never sat well with me. I always left with an unsettled feeling. None of it ever made logical sense. It was all a bunch of guesswork, with people ENDLESSLY pointing to one thing or the other continually saying this or that about a sign.

I went along for a while with looking at those signs, but eventually, after 10-15 years of looking at israel, or clinton, or syria, or whatever the latest thing was, it no longer felt honest.

In 2011 I learned about the technological singularity from a movie called transcendent man. I knew how tech was moving forward, and the things they spoke of in that movie made sense.

At first, as I was adjusting to a new vista, a new outlook, it was difficult because my first reaction was to assign all the stuff I was seeing as "evil". The easy path was to point at the works of the tech and call it the beast.

But just like sitting in those eschatology classes didn’t feel right, neither did pointing at what computers were doing and will do.

The hard part, is that even after 5 years I still have to believe by faith that it is not the Beast. Because some of the stuff tech will be doing can certainly look that way.

For five years I spent concerted effort uncoupling my preconceived ideas and reconsidering where I believe we're going from A New Perspective. Honestly, it's not easy all the time. But it gets easier with exercise.

Train a child up in the way he should go and when he grows up he will not depart from it. My mind was trained for years and years that the second coming would look a certain way. The problem was, none of the ways that I learned about in Bible College made much sense. They always felt kind of gross.

Specifically, most of the thought processes seem to violate some very key scriptures and that always bothered me. Specifically versus saying that no one would know the exact time. Not even the Son. But yet they pointed and said oh look at Israel, or look at Kuwait, or look at Bill Clinton. Or whoever it was at the time. That didn't feel right. It felt more divisive than unifying.

Christ prayed that we would be one even as he and his father are one. He prayed that we would be one with them. He asked us to pray that God will would be done on Earth as it is in heaven.

In my personal opinion, I believe that the enemy has spent years sowing fear into the church about us connecting. The last thing the enemy wants is for us to connect with one another. And that's what is happening with tech.

Anyway, there are lots and lots of versus that in my opinion speak about where we're going in a good way.

I personally believe that we are being brought together via tech, and that God will use it to allow his word to spread quickly and effortlessly through the world.

I believe that it's harder to get away with crime than it used to be, specifically because our actions are tracked via cameras and sensors. To me the speaks of the verse that says the king sits on his throne to judge and winnows out evil with his eyes. At first this was scary, because I didn't like the idea of being judged. But then I had to reconsider why? Was it a fear of punishment? It's very interesting why I didn't want accountability. As a Christian that should not be the case. Now I feel differently about technology. I will commit because I believe that God is chasing out evil by it’s use.

Anyway, from my experience in order to see and accept the good things that God has, is, and will do through technology, I had to let go of a lot of preconceived ideas and reconsider things in the light of where we are today and where tech will be taking us.

It's been a lot of work pouring through different scriptures, but if you would like to take a look, you can go to www.TheSingularity.com. It’s my personal blog where I write different thoughts about the bible and tech.
I agree with you that the internet and much technology has been given to us by God and that much of what He planned to give us is the freedom from certain labour that was neccessary not so long ago .It gives more time to learn and read and connect with people and ideas which would have been unthinkable .
The kind of technology which tries to interfere in the making of humans ,or interfering in Gods 'plans for us ,is very dangerous , but not new . Remember 'frankenstein', and so on.
I am not an American ,nor am I evangelical in that sense ,and I find that much of what they do is superstitious , paranoid , and downright anti -christian ,as it drives away more educated young people ,into the hands of atheists etc.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
An excellent succinct reply .:amen:

That wasn't even the lie, and it said "become like god, knowing good and evil". You know good and evil so you're like God in the only way referenced in the Garden. The serpent's lie was that they wouldn't die after eating from the tree.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Revelation 9:6. I personally believe this is a prophecy that is speaking to transhumanism and posthumanism in the last days.
We as Christians, are much more than just our bodies and physical selves. We also have a soul that will live eternally and we will be given new bodies at the Resurrection, eternal ones.
The four last things are: death, judgement, Heaven and Hell. No one escapes death, except those still alive at the Second Coming, whom Christ already knows who they will be.
We were not made, or meant, to live forever on this earth, which is passing away,(entropy) in our current sinful states. It would be a curse, just as Revelation 9:6 prophecies.
Now I have no problem with naturally extending life, through curing disease and nutrition, healthy living, curing cancer, HIV and all the things we are seeking to do. Heck, If I could live an active life to 120 I'd be all for it. But these bodies have an expiration date, which is really a blessing, because we weren't meant for eternal life in our current, sinful state, and in this fallen universe. HTH.

Revelation was addressed to the church leaders of the time. That's all it is. It almost even wasn't in the Bible.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
How does it make, and who says God is no longer in charge, just because we have tech that helps us live longer?

Who declares that He would no longer be in charge?

The OP is about men using transhumanism to both conquer death and to raise the dead, not "living longer". According to 1 Samuel 2:6, that's God's domain. It's an attempted usurpation of His authority in that area.

Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I agree with you that the internet and much technology has been given to us by God and that much of what He planned to give us is the freedom from certain labour that was neccessary not so long ago .It gives more time to learn and read and connect with people and ideas which would have been unthinkable .
The kind of technology which tries to interfere in the making of humans ,or interfering in Gods 'plans for us ,is very dangerous , but not new . Remembr 'frankenstein and so on.
I am not an American ,nor am I evangelical in that sense ,and I find that much of what they do is superstitious , paranoid , and downright anti -christian ,as it drives away more educated young people ,into the hands of atheists etc.

If God has a plan, then everything happens according to it.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
That wasn't even the lie, and it said "become like god, knowing good and evil". You know good and evil so you're like God in the only way referenced in the Garden. The serpent's lie was that they wouldn't die after eating from the tree.

Becoming like God was the lie, knowing good and evil was the attribute in being like God she was promised. Transhumanism offers the same lie, except promising the attribute of the lie pertaining to immortality.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Becoming like God was the lie, knowing good and evil was the attribute in being like God she was promised. Transhumanism offers the same lie, except promising the attribute of the lie pertaining to immortality.

The serpent didn't seem to indicate any other thing of being like God other than knowing good and evil. Adam and Eve had no knowledge of what was good or evil.

Upvote 0
Jul 3, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The kind of technology which tries to interfere in the making of humans ,or interfering in Gods 'plans for us ,is very dangerous , but not new . Remembr 'frankenstein and so on.

I also agree with you regarding superstition. To me it feels like many Christians are not honest with themselves. They have heard sermons and simply believe the messages without reading their bibles and questioning the message.

This is not good as it tends to cause a sort of old-wives-tales among believers.

Regarding "dangerous" tech, I personally do not buy into it because of principles that many people unfortunatly choose to ignore. The overarching one being that God wins. He wins and evil loses. That alone makes me not fear tech. But many Christians fear many things and it is sad. Where is the victory in fear?
We have no need to fear. God has not lost His power because, through his gifts, we create tech to make our lives better.

Upvote 0

SeventyOne

May 2, 2015
✟167,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvary Chapel
Marital Status
Married
The serpent didn't seem to indicate any other thing of being like God other than knowing good and evil. Adam and Eve had no knowledge of what was good or evil.

And apparantly he didn't need to do so. Now we know good and evil. Offering us that attribute of being like God again would seem to be futile. Now he's offered us another.

Upvote 0

PhantomGaze

Carry on my wayward son.
Aug 16, 2012
✟29,450.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Yeah, I know what you mean. Sometimes I wonder if such a shift is necessary though to break the stranglehold that certain powerful evangelical leaders have over theological discussion in the church, and it's sanctioned complacency.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: FireDragon76
Upvote 0

CrystalDragon

Apr 28, 2016
US
✟56,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
I also agree with you regarding superstition. To me it feels like many Christians are not honest with themselves. They have heard sermons and simply believe the messages without reading their bibles and questioning the message.

This is not good as it tends to cause a sort of old-wives-tales among believers.

Regarding "dangerous" tech, I personally do not buy into it because of principles that many people unfortunatly choose to ignore. The overarching one being that God wins. He wins and evil loses. That alone makes me not fear tech. But many Christians fear many things and it is sad. Where is the victory in fear?
We have no need to fear. God has not lost His power because, through his gifts, we create tech to make our lives better.

"Where is the victory in fear?"

That's exactly why I question hell. Hell is nothing but fear.

Upvote 0