Los Angeles Area
✟829,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)
Rather than a start a whole new thread, we can just keep adding stories to keep the forum more tidy.

Trump campaign chair caught in a motel room with an underage boy

"police are recommending the Republican lawmaker be charged with soliciting prostitution of a minor, prostitution within 1,000 feet of church and transporting purpose of prostitution.
Shortey has been in office since 2010 and is most known for a bill he proposed to ban fetuses in food. NewsOK reports Shortey has been married to his high school sweetheart since 2002 and that he studied at Heartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City"

• Informative
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Rather than a start a whole new thread, we can just keep adding stories to keep the forum more tidy.

Trump campaign chair caught in a motel room with an underage boy

"police are recommending the Republican lawmaker be charged with soliciting prostitution of a minor, prostitution within 1,000 feet of church and transporting purpose of prostitution.
Shortey has been in office since 2010 and is most known for a bill he proposed to ban fetuses in food. NewsOK reports Shortey has been married to his high school sweetheart since 2002 and that he studied at Heartland Baptist Bible College in Oklahoma City"
Never heard of that one before.

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,295.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
I know, it's barely even news, but this one is at least a little spicier.

"Hensley gained national notoriety in 2012 as a sponsor of the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, which would have banned public school teachers from even mentioning that homosexuality exists."

Now the doctor-lawmaker has gained notoriety for sleeping with a married woman, who is an employee, who is also his patient, for whom he prescribes opioids, who is also his second cousin.

Yeah, but he didn't have sex with a dude, which would have been bad. This was just an adulterous, incestuous violation of his moral obligations as a medical professional which he took advantage of. Boys will be boys and all that.

-CryptoLutheran

Upvote 0

essentialsaltes

Stranger in a Strange Land
Oct 17, 2011
Los Angeles Area
✟829,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Legal Union (Other)

3 years later and medical discipline proceedings are finally under way. Dr. State Senator Hensley admits the facts, but what can you do in a small Southern town with only one doctor? Personally, I imagine it should include keeping proper records of opioid prescriptions.

An attorney for Tennessee Sen. Joey Hensley conceded Monday the politician, a small-town doctor, prescribed opioids to family members and an employee with whom he was in a romantic relationship, in what the state contends is a violation of medical ethics.

During opening arguments in a medical discipline proceeding, attorney David Steed said it was well-intentioned, harmless and all but unavoidable for Hensley to prescribe to relatives in a small Tennessee town where he is the only available doctor.

On Monday, a Tennessee Department of Health investigator testified Hensley wrote [his nurse and second cousin (that's one person)] at least 47 prescriptions for controlled substances from 2011 to 2018, which includes the time period of their romantic relationship.

Steed insisted Hensley followed the “spirit” of medical standards, which allows short-term treatment of relatives for “minor” or emergency conditions, Steed said.

Hensley didn’t require the nurse undergo drug tests to prevent abuse and did not properly document most prescriptions in her medical records, the investigator said.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I know, it's barely even news, but this one is at least a little spicier.

"Hensley gained national notoriety in 2012 as a sponsor of the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, which would have banned public school teachers from even mentioning that homosexuality exists."

Now the doctor-lawmaker has gained notoriety for sleeping with a married woman, who is an employee, who is also his patient, for whom he prescribes opioids, who is also his second cousin.
Dude has sex with his married second cousin who works for him, takes opiates he prescribes for her...

Winning!

Deserves the David Dennison Award.

Upvote 0

Ana the Ist

Aggressively serene!
Feb 21, 2012
✟437,400.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
It's almost as though some Republican lawmakers were just paying lip service to moral issues in an attempt to sucker Christians into voting for them.

Yeah...just like the Democrats.

This year I watched a horde of Democrats freak out when a relatively small number of right wing business owners held a completely peaceful protest (not a single brick thrown or business looted...did they know it's 2020?). They showed up, aired their grievances about losing their businesses and livelihoods, and they left. It was pretty benign.

That's not how it was written in the left wing media though. They focused on a tiny group of local militia who showed up and a picture of a Confederate flag. This was the basis for labeling them as white supremacists, racists, amoral people who clearly didn't care about anyone else. They were mocked, ridiculed, and moralised towards...how dare they protest the loss of everything they've worked for?

Meanwhile, a month later when a vast gathering of liberals who are very sure they can identify problems burned down about 8 blocks of Minneapolis.....almost certainly devastating communities for years if not generations. The cause? They saw a cop commit a murder....then rather promptly get charged with murder. It was a difficult situation for all.

We got to watch this "protest" happen for days....the message? We're angry. The solution? Let us destroy stuff. The coverage from the exact same left wing media? They had a short discussion about how sometimes rioting was justified.

That discussion ended a few days later when people were dying in these protests. How many? I doubt we will ever know. I've heard as few as a dozen to several dozen...but nobody is really interested in those things.

The magical part was the exact same people claiming that masks and social distancing were super necessary to prevent Covid? Apparently...Covid decided it wasn't going to spread that way anymore....so no worries, continue the riots for several months.

To be fair, the left did clarify it didn't support murder....they fully supported the right to protest, for them, not those evil right wing extremists crying like babies. At least I think....it's possible they never actually specified who should be allowed to protest. Those murders....probably white supremacists. They even found a couple white supremacists some months later....they probably went around from state to state murdering and trying to make those people who were burning and looting everything look bad. That's the theory anyway...

Did the part about the masks sound weird? It might if you ever heard the the left speak about abortion. They had been repeating this "my body my choice" argument about how the government shouldn't be able to dictate what a person can do with their body and stuff....

Is that a moral stance? Nah. They probably meant something else....

That...or, you know, perhaps both sides are just packed to the gills with hypocrisy and people who endlessly moralize and judge everyone. See? Neither side actually behaves in a morally consistent manner....and both preach about how everyone else should behave. Common ground between right and left at last. We should build a bridge....raise a monument...or something.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah...just like the Democrats.

This year I watched a horde of Democrats freak out when a relatively small number of right wing business owners held a completely peaceful protest (not a single brick thrown or business looted...did they know it's 2020?). They showed up, aired their grievances about losing their businesses and livelihoods, and they left. It was pretty benign.

That's not how it was written in the left wing media though. They focused on a tiny group of local militia who showed up and a picture of a Confederate flag. This was the basis for labeling them as white supremacists, racists, amoral people who clearly didn't care about anyone else. They were mocked, ridiculed, and moralised towards...how dare they protest the loss of everything they've worked for?

Meanwhile, a month later when a vast gathering of liberals who are very sure they can identify problems burned down about 8 blocks of Minneapolis.....almost certainly devastating communities for years if not generations. The cause? They saw a cop commit a murder....then rather promptly get charged with murder. It was a difficult situation for all.

We got to watch this "protest" happen for days....the message? We're angry. The solution? Let us destroy stuff. The coverage from the exact same left wing media? They had a short discussion about how sometimes rioting was justified.

That discussion ended a few days later when people were dying in these protests. How many? I doubt we will ever know. I've heard as few as a dozen to several dozen...but nobody is really interested in those things.

The magical part was the exact same people claiming that masks and social distancing were super necessary to prevent Covid? Apparently...Covid decided it wasn't going to spread that way anymore....so no worries, continue the riots for several months.

To be fair, the left did clarify it didn't support murder....they fully supported the right to protest, for them, not those evil right wing extremists crying like babies. At least I think....it's possible they never actually specified who should be allowed to protest. Those murders....probably white supremacists. They even found a couple white supremacists some months later....they probably went around from state to state murdering and trying to make those people who were burning and looting everything look bad. That's the theory anyway...

Did the part about the masks sound weird? It might if you ever heard the the left speak about abortion. They had been repeating this "my body my choice" argument about how the government shouldn't be able to dictate what a person can do with their body and stuff....

Is that a moral stance? Nah. They probably meant something else....

That...or, you know, perhaps both sides are just packed to the gills with hypocrisy and people who endlessly moralize and judge everyone. See? Neither side actually behaves in a morally consistent manner....and both preach about how everyone else should behave. Common ground between right and left at last. We should build a bridge....raise a monument...or something.
What does this have to do with a Republican who cannot keep his pants on?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums