Feb 9, 2014
✟904,775.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I know, it's barely even news, but this one is at least a little spicier.

"Hensley gained national notoriety in 2012 as a sponsor of the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, which would have banned public school teachers from even mentioning that homosexuality exists."

Now the doctor-lawmaker has gained notoriety for sleeping with a married woman, who is an employee, who is also his patient, for whom he prescribes opioids, who is also his second cousin.

A lot of the most outspoken are either guilty of that which they condemn or worse. Sad, really.

Upvote 0

SnowyMacie

Apr 12, 2011
North Texas
✟118,149.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
In Relationship
Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
A lot of the most outspoken are either guilty of that which they condemn or worse. Sad, really.

Your statement reminded me of Josh Duggar. Remember how he use to rant and rave against LGBT and look at what he did.

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

"Hensley gained national notoriety in 2012 as a sponsor of the “Don’t Say Gay” bill, which would have banned public school teachers from even mentioning that homosexuality exists."

Now the doctor-lawmaker has gained notoriety for sleeping with a married woman, who is an employee, who is also his patient, for whom he prescribes opioids, who is also his second cousin.

"People who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

Upvote 0

USincognito

a post by Alan Smithee
Site Supporter
Dec 25, 2003
Dallas
✟871,701.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private

Retroactive Democrat in 3... 2...

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Retroactive Democrat in 3... 2...

If I were to wager a guess, I would say that there is a high probability of certain people who will criticize a recent female presidential candidate and/or her husband in an attempt to deflect away from what this Republican Senator did.

• Agree
Reactions: USincognito
Upvote 0

pat34lee

Messianic
Sep 13, 2011
Florida, USA
✟89,330.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
If I were to wager a guess, I would say that there is a high probability of certain people who will criticize a recent female presidential candidate and/or her husband in an attempt to deflect away from what this Republican Senator did.

Why bother? If the Senator did what he is accused of, he should resign or be kicked out.

Upvote 0

CRAZY_CAT_WOMAN

My dad died 1/12/2023. I'm still devastated.
Jul 1, 2007
Native Land
✟331,953.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others

Now the doctor-lawmaker has gained notoriety for sleeping with a married woman, who is an employee, who is also his patient, for whom he prescribes opioids, who is all. his second cousin.
Silly. If he's a Christian and had God in his heart. He just needs to ask for forgiveness and not get caught again. His sins aren't dark like mine is. So he's okay. At least that's what I've been told. To me, he seems to be a typical Christian.

• Agree
Reactions: Innsmuthbride
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MyOwnSockPuppet

Regeneration of myself after computer failure
Feb 22, 2013
Oxford, UK
✟180,729.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Why bother? If the Senator did what he is accused of, he should resign or be kicked out.

And bearing in mind we're talking sleeping with your patients and prescribing opiods to family members struck off and put on the DEA watch list too.

Upvote 0

AirPo

with a Touch of Grey
Oct 31, 2003
✟169,357.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married

If it isn't gay, then it's okay!

:D

Upvote 0

Shiloh Raven

May 14, 2016
Texas
✟228,180.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Silly. If he's a Christian and had God in his heart. He just needs to ask for forgiveness and not get caught again. His sins aren't dark like mine is. So he's okay. At least that's what I've been told. To me, he seems to be a typical Christian.

If it isn't gay, then it's okay!

:D

This whole situation reminds me of this quote by Brennan Manning of DC Talk: “The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today is Christians: who acknowledge Jesus with their lips, walk out the door, and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.” Maybe this senator should not be so eager to cast any stones.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Good thing there's forgiveness in Christ. As another poster said, no sin is unforgivable except the ones let unconfessed.

Having said that, he should resign or be replaced from his elected position.

• Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0

Tallguy88

We shall see the King when he comes!
Site Supporter
Jan 13, 2009
Parts Unknown
✟240,426.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
And bearing in mind we're talking sleeping with your patients and prescribing opiods to family members struck off and put on the DEA watch list too.
He could lose his medical license for that sort of thing, too.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: JackRT
Upvote 0