Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
FineLinen said:
"I believe there is a great Creator, infinite in his attributes of wisdom, power, and mercy: that His name is Love. I believe He is a God of all justice, and that He will chasten every person whom He ever created sufficiently to reform him, in this world, or some other." -P.T. Barnum-

As of the purification of all human nature either in this world or some after ages, I fully believe it.

-Letters of William Law-

http://www.ccel.org/l/law/letters/let.htm

A Collection Of Letters

http://www.matthew548.com/lawlett.html

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Heaven in its essential nature is not a locality, but a moral and spiritual status, and salvation is not securing one place and avoiding another, but salvation is finding eternal life. Eternal life has primarily no reference to time or place, but to a quality. Jesus said, 'This is life eternal that they might know Thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom Thou hast sent.' Immortal life is existence regardless of quality. Eternal life is right life, here, there, everywhere. -P.T. Barnum-

[move]For a brief moment I forsook you; but with great compassion I will gather you. In a little wrath I hid My face from you for a moment, but with abounding compassion will I have mercy upon you, says the Lord your Redeemer.[/move]

http://www.johannesen.com/SermonsSeriesIII.htm

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I hold the restoration of all souls; because having myself been the chief of sinners,....God, through Jesus Christ, by the efficacy of his holy spirit...granted me the mercy and the pardon of my sins, and had plucked me as a brand out of hell, so that I could not have a doubt but the whole world would be saved by the same power. -Dr. George de Benneville-

[move]You cannot come to Me unless the Father makes you want to come. No man can come to me unless the Father drag off, impel, lead , draw him.[/move]

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
We pursue God because, and only because He has first put an urge within us that spurs us on to the pursuit...'No man can come to Me, except the Father...draw him.' This prevenient drawing takes from us every vestige of credit for the act of coming. -A.W. Tozer-

[move]Jesus said, You cannot come to Me unless the Father makes you want to come.[/move]

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
'God was in Christ reconciling the world unto Himself.' This is 'glad tidings' indeed! O that the time might soon come when 'all people' would hear it! There is no angry heaven whose wrath must be appeased, and whose favor must be purchased, but a loving Father, who Himself is 'working' to win back the prodigal to the arms that are ever stretched out to receive him, and the heart that has never ceased to love him. - A.P.Adams [The Atonement]

http://members.aol.com/jantonsson/atonement/atonement.html

[move]To believe in the Son is to enjoy the experience of eternal life. To refuse to believe in the Son is to deprive oneself of the experience of life.[/move]

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
[move]The Will Of All Wills[/move]

Millions choose evil; may they not always choose it? The reply is, that this is the sinner's will arrayed in battle against the Divine will. One must ultimately yield. I expect it will not be God. God will not coerce the sinner's will by force. He faces it as a consuming fire, and the day comes when the sinner sinks down beaten and cries out: " God, I yield." Terrible is God against sin, foolish the soul that contests against Him. -P.T. Barnum-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The current Evangelical Theology involves in its system belief in the deathlessness of sin, the indestructibility of error, and permanence of evil. That though there was a time in the history of the universe when sin in any shape or form did not exist, when no cry of pain or sense of guilt darkened the all-extensive bliss and holiness of creation, yet since sin has once effected an entrance into such a scene, it has come in never to go out again, indestructible, unconquerable, ineradicable, endless. Absolute happiness and sinlessness have forever vanished like the phantom of a dream. The 'eternal state' is a universe endlessly finding room for myriads of souls rolling and writhing in the burning agonies of ceaseless flame, eternally sinful, vile and morally hideous. It pictures the "final perfection" yet to be attained as having room for a vast cesspool of immoral and degraded beings, continually existing in opposition to God. -Vladimir M. Gelesnoff-

And the leaves of the Tree of Life are for the healing of the nations. And there shall no longer be a curse upon anything.

Upvote 0

JPPT1974

May 2024 Spring Fever!
Mar 18, 2004
Small Town, USA
✟570,345.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Hisbygrace said:
I am a nobody, trying to tell everybody,
about a Somebody, that can save anybody.
by: Axshon Jackson

Ain't that the truth my friend!
Ain't that the truth indeed!
:thumbsup: :amen:

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
You would not have called to me unless I had been calling to you, said the Lion. -C.S. Lewis (The Silver Chair)-

There is joy in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. But what is repentance? Not the last and noblest and most refined achievement of the righteousness of men in the service of God, but the first elemental act of the righteousness of God in the service of men; the work that God has written in their hearts and which, because it is from God and not from men, occasions joy in heaven; that looking forward to God, and to Him only, which is recognized only by God and by God Himself. -Karl Barth-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
George MacDonald

Those who exalt free choice believe God must operate only within the sphere of our sovereignty.
I do not myself believe that mere punishment exists anywhere in the economy of the highest. I think mere punishment is a human idea, not a divine one. But the consuming fire is more terrible to the evildoer than any idea of punishment invented by the most riotous of human imaginations. Punishment it is, though not mere punishment, which is a thing not of creation but destruction: it is a power of God and for his creature. As love is God's being and creative energy in one, so the pains of God are to the recreation of the things his love made, and sin has unmade.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Hannah W. Smith

Many of God's children do not understand that God is actually and truly their Father. They think of Him as a stern Judge, or severe Taskmaster, or at the best as an unapproachable dignitary, seated on a far-off throne, dispensing exacting laws for a frightened and trembling world; and in their terror lest they should fail to meet His requirements they hardly know which way to turn. But of a God who is a Father, tender, and loving, and full of compassion, a God who like a father, will be on their side against the whole universe they have no conception.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
A.W. Tozer (The Knowledge Of The Holy)

"No religion has ever been greater than its idea of God. Worship is pure or base as the worshipper entertains high or low thoughts of God. For this reason the gravest question before the Church is always God Himself, and the most portentous fact about any man is not what he at a given time may say or do, but what he in his deep heart conceives God to be like."

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Oswald Chambers

Being born again of the Spirit is an unmistakable work of God, as mysterious as the wind, as surprising as God Himself. We do not know where it begins, it is hidden away in the depths of our personal life. Being born again from above is a perennial, perpetual and eternal beginning; a freshness all the time in thinking and in talking and in living, the continual surprise of the life of God.

Upvote 0