Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
“I believe there is nothing lovelier, deeper, more sympathetic, and more perfect than the Savior; there is in the world only one figure of absolute beauty: Christ.”
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]
  • — Fyodor Dostoevsky
  • [/FONT]
  • Fri-Feb14-06

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
FineLinen said:
Oswald Chambers
P.T. Barnum

God is a consuming fire. His wrath and anger are spoken of. These attributes express the Divine hand raised against sin. If the Divine hand is raised against sin one must yield, and I don't believe it is the Divine hand. God is a consuming fire, not a fire burning forever in empty rage. He consumes man as the refiner's fire does the ore, burning the dross and bringing forth the good, as gold tried by fire.

Chas. P. Schmitt

The only reasonable answer to the issue of moral justice raised by the fact of the lostness of teaming billions of humanity (and thank God, the answer is as soundly scriptural as it is reasonable), lies the unending triumph of Jesus Christ in the subjecting of all things everywhere to God.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Theresasjourney said:
If we seek God for our own good and profit, we are not seeking God.
- Johannes Eckhart

:wave: Hi there Theresas.

Thomas Allin

Whenever judgment comes, it comes on Love's errand, if it comes from God. Here is the spiritual watershed between two theologies. There is the popular theology that says, God loves His enemies, till they die. His love then turns into hate and vengeance. His love is in fact, a question of chronology, or, if one will, of geography, i.e., bounded by this world. And there is the truer theology that teaches with the Bible, that God is love--Love unchanging and eternal in all His ways.

Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Be Still And Know That He Is God!
Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Hello~~
God of our life, there are days when the burdens we carry chafe our shoulders and weigh us down; when the road seems dreary and endless, the skies grey and threatening; when our lives have no music in them, and our hearts are lonely, and our souls have lost their courage. Flood the path with light, run our eyes to where the skies are full of promise; tune our hearts to brave music; give us the sense of comradeship with heroes and saints of every age; and so quicken our spirits that we may be able to encourage the souls of all who journey with us on the road of life, to Your honour and glory.

Augustine

Reactions: angelwind
Upvote 0

Larry_Fout

Alive in Christ
Feb 19, 2006
✟26,585.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
Elaine Maxwell

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
George Bradford Caird

The redemption of men from every tongue, people and race is far from being the whole story of Christ's work of atonement as John understands it. For he hears the choirs of heaven joined by the voices of the whole creation in a final outburst of praise. This should not be dismissed as mere hyperbole. John knows only too well that there is much on earth and under the earth and in the sea which has no inclination to join in the worship of Christ, and that these hostile elements are represented even in heaven. But such is his confidence in the universality of Christ's achievement that his vision cannot stop short of universal response. He agrees with Paul that God has already in the Cross reconciled the whole universe to himself, and that to make His act of amnesty and reconciliation known to the world is the royal and priestly task of the church, the success of which is already anticipated in the heavenly Amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Larry_Fout said:
My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny.
Elaine Maxwell

Larry: Good luck!

http://www.cyberhymnal.org/htm/i/k/ikwihb.htm

[move]"I know Him whom I have believed and am confident that He is able....."[/move]

J. Arundel Chapman

The radical failure in so-called religion is that its way is from man to God. Starting with man, it seeks to rise to God, and there is no road that way.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
"The redemption of men from every tongue, people and race is far from being the whole story of Christ's work of atonement as John understands it. For he hears the choirs of heaven joined by the voices of the whole creation in a final outburst of praise. This should not be dismissed as mere hyperbole. John knows only too well that there is much on earth and under the earth and in the sea which has no inclination to join in the worship of Christ, and that these hostile elements are represented even in heaven. But such is his confidence in the universality of Christ's achievement that his vision cannot stop short of universal response. He agrees with Paul that God has already in the Cross reconciled the whole universe to himself, and that to make His act of amnesty and reconciliation known to the world is the royal and priestly task of the church, the success of which is already anticipated in the heavenly Amen."

Rev. 5:13

And I heard the voice of everything created in Heaven, upon earth, under the earth and such as are upon the sea, and all that are in them, heard I saying. Blessing, and honour, and glory, and power, be unto Him that sits upon the throne, and unto the Lamb unto the ages of ages.

Every created thing= Pan ktisma=

Every creature in a still wider antiphonal circle beyond the circle of angels, from all the four great fields of life (in heaven, upon the earth, under the earth (as in verse 3, with on the seas "epi thv talasshv" added). No created thing is left out. This universal chorus of praise to Christ from all created life reminds one of the profound mystical passage in Romans 8:20-22 concerning the sympathetic agony of creation (ktisiv) in hope of freedom from the bondage of corruption. If the trail of the serpent is on all creation, it will be ultimately thrown off. -A.T. Robertson Word Pictures Of The N.T.-

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
-John W. Kennedy-

When that which is revealed of God is crystallized into a tradition, rigidly held and propagated with purely human energy, it becomes an impenetrable barrier to the truth. The life of the Spirit can never be confined within the framework of religious tradition. God is much greater than man's thought concerning Him, and the plant of the church grows best in a soil uncluttered by the pretty hedgerows of man's limited understanding.

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
George MacDonald

To live without the eternal creative life is an impossibility; freedom from God can only mean an incapacity for seeing the facts of existence, an incapability of understanding the glory of the creature who makes common cause with his creator in his creation of him, would draw him into the circle of the creative heart, to joy that he lives by no poor power of his own will, but is one with the causing life of his life, in closest breathing and willing, vital and claimant oneness with the life of all life.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Theresasjourney

Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
April 16, 2006

"Come, see the place where the Lord lay," with joy and gladness. He does not lie there now. Weep, when ye see the tomb of Christ, but rejoice because it is empty. Thy sin slew him, but his divinity raised him up. Thy guilt hath murdered him, but his righteousness hath restored him. Oh! he hath burst the bonds of death, he hath ungirt the cerements of the tomb, and hath come out more than conqueror, crushing death beneath his feet. Rejoice, O Christian, for he is not there—he is risen.

Charles Haddon Spurgeon

Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I look at myself, I am depressed. If I look at those around me, I am often disappointed. If I look at my circumstances, I am discouraged. But if I look at Jesus, I am constantly, consistently, and eternally fulfilled!

Anonymous </STRONG>

Upvote 0

Larry_Fout

Alive in Christ
Feb 19, 2006
✟26,585.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private
For attractive lips,
speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes,
seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure,
share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair,
let a child run his fingers through it once a day.
For poise,
walk with the knowledge you never walk alone.

"Beauty Secrets," by Sam Levenson

Upvote 0

Theresasjourney

Jul 22, 2005
Wisconsin
✟29,731.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Prayer is the human response to the perpetual outpouring of love by which God lays siege to every soul. When our reply to God is most direct of all, it is called adoration. Adoration is the spontaneous yearning of the heart to worship, honour, magnify, and bless God.We ask nothing but to cherish him. We seek nothing but his exaltation. We focus on nothing but his goodness.

Richard J. Foster

Upvote 0