Rockhead

Feb 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟7,785.00
Faith
Non-Denom
FineLinen said:
[move]At his ascension our Lord entered heaven, and he keeps the door open for humanity to enter. -Oswald Chambers-[/move]

My Utmost For His Highest Daily Devotional

http://www.gospelcom.net/rbc/utmost/

"Be persuaded, timid soul, that He has loved you too much to cease loving you."

François Fénelon

Upvote 0

brinny

everlovin' shiner of light in dark places
Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"I often wonder what it is that makes us think we are somehow closer to God when we don't speak the truth to Him? We come to Him and our voice changes, we get a haltingness to our language, we 'pretty' it up. What is that about? Was He not with us when we just yelled at the clerk in the store, was thoughtless to our loved ones, and just plain ol' mean to the old guy in tattered threads who had the nerve to stand outside the bank, asking for a buck to get something to eat?

Do we think we can just put Him in a box? Bringing Him out when we want to add a 'notch' to our 'holiness' tally by 'praying'?

Are we really so schizophrenic?"

~brinny

Upvote 0

Rockhead

Feb 8, 2003
Canada
Visit site
✟7,785.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Free moral agency is an expression of human invention and to talk of the freedom of man is flatly to repudiate his spiritual ruin. Nowhere does Scripture speak of freedom or the ability of the sinner, on the contrary, it insists on his moral and spiritual inability. -A. W. Tozer

Upvote 0

tollytee

Feb 19, 2005
Sun Valley, Nevada
✟1,910.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
US-Republican
It is not enough to point to another in need and say 'God help him'. For God did his part when he placed you in that spot, at that time, and for His purpose. Therefor, if the occasion should arise, please say, 'God, help me to help him'. Then you shall achieve great blessings for the other, and for yourself.

God's blessings to all.

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Rockhead said:
"Be persuaded, timid soul, that He has loved you too much to cease loving you."

François Fénelon

Aah like a hug for the soul. A very invitation to come close to the Father and climb onto His lap and rest our weary head on His chest.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
Is it important enough to us to be 'real' with Him? To put aside our shams, our illusions, our false sense of our 'goodness' and just be who we really are with Him? Who are we, really? In the most inner twists and turns, the darkest, most hidden places of our hearts, who are we?

He sees us. Those parts of us we want to hide. Reminds me of a movie a friend told me about....'Devils Advocate' with Al Pacino. In the midst of a party, one of the characters caught a glimpse of how everyone was on the inside. It wasn't a pretty sight. Yet on the outside they were beautiful and appeared to be a vision of the American Dream.

How open are we when we 'pray'? We are frail, flawed, weak, and prone to seek darkness. We are but dust. Does it surprise us that we are so easily tempted? Does it surprise God? What is prayer? This excerpt from 'The Heart of a Godchaser" may say it best:

"Conversation"

Tell God all that is in your heart, as one unloads one's heart, its pleasures and its pains, to a dear friend. Tell him your troubles, that he may comfort you; tell him your joys, that he may sober them; tell him your longings that he may purify them; tell him your dislikes, that he may help you conquer them; talk to him of your temptations, that he may shield you from them; show him the wounds of your heart, that he may heal them; lay bare your indifference to good, your depraved tastes for evil, your instability. Tell him how self-love makes you unjust to others, how vanity tempts you to be insincere, how pride disguises you to yourself and others. If you thus pour out all your weaknesses, needs, troubles, there will be no lack of what to say. You will never exhaust the subject. It is continually being renewed. People who have no secrets from each other never want for subjects of conversation. They do not weigh their words, for there is nothing to be held back; neither do they seek for something to say. They talk out of the abundance of the heart. Without consideration they say just what they think. Blessed are they who attain to such familiar, unreserved intimacy with God. ~Francois F'enelon

~brinny

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
I urge a nearer communion with Christ, and a growing communion. There are curtains to be opened in Christ that we have never seen before, and new layers of love in Him. I despair that I will ever make it to the far end of that love, there are so many layers in it. Therefore dig deep, and sweat, and labour. Take pains for Him, and set aside as much time as you can in it each day for Him. -Samuel Rutherford-

I, His exiled prisoner, sought Him, and He has taken pity on me, and made a moan for me, as He does for His own. I do not know what to do with Christ. His love surrounds me and overwhelms me. I am burdened by it; but oh, how sweet and lovely is that burden! I dare not keep it inside me. I am so in love with His love, that if His love were not in heaven, I would not be willing to go there. Oh, what a pondering, what telling there is in Christ's love! -Samuel Rutherford-

Upvote 0

FineLinen

Senior Veteran
Supporter
Jan 15, 2003
The Kingdom of His dear Son
✟528,512.00
Faith
Non-Denom
[move]May we not imagine a love so strong that ultimately no one will be able to retrain himself from free and grateful surrender. -J.A.T. Robinson-[/move]

Its (hell) existence seems a contradiction to belief that in the end God will reign over all. Instead, it implies God will never finally triumph over evil. -Jürgen Moltmann-

God's promise to act in the future is more important than anything God might have done in the past. -Jürgen Moltmann-

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

childofgod1711

My sins drove the nails into Jesus' hands
Feb 22, 2005
TN
Visit site
✟7,783.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican

"We must be doing something right,
or the enemy wouldn’t be trying so hard to stop us."

Attachments

• T2GoPOChristJesus.gif
    T2GoPOChristJesus.gif
    122 KB · Views: 23
Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution
"If we do not at least try to manifest something of Creative Charity in our dealings with life, whether by action, thought, or prayer, and do it at our own cost - if we roll up the talent of love in the nice white napkin of piety and put it safely out of the way, sorry that the world is so hungry and thirsty, so sick and so fettered, and leave it at that: thou, even that little talent may be taken from us. We may discover at the crucial moment that we are spiritually bankrupt."

Evelyn Underhill

Upvote 0

brinny

Supporter
Mar 23, 2004
✟1,339,865.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Constitution