America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Looking like Jesus has to do with inward glory, not outward, and he himself has a tendancy to be wrathful at evil even though he is patient and somewhat slow to anger. It does say that the Lord is constantly angry with the wicked daily. Sometimes I think that metal can properly reflect the aspect of God's wrath against evil just as much as beautiful melodic worship songs such as the songs of hillsong reflect his love, mercy, and glory. I feel the same way too, I listen to a wide range of variety of music genres, from reggae to punk to soft rock to soft worship to ska to alternative to metal and etc. etc. There are no restrictions to what kind of music we should listen to when living lives that reflect the life of Christ, only moral restrictions as in we should be cautious of the content of the music we listen to. Whatever style of music you listen to is your choice, you are free to listen to what you like, for where the spirit of the Lord is there is liberty, but let the content of what you lsiten to be as pure as possible.

You should not judge someone's salvation based on what genre of music they lsiten to just as much as we are commanded not to judge others based on what kinds of foods they eat, whether it be meats or all vegetables.

• The man who eats everything must not look down on him who does not, and the man who does not eat everything must not condemn the man who does, for God has accepted him. -Romans 14:3
  • Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. -Colossians 2:16
You are using unjust judgment when using terms like "flash in the pan rockstar." That is judgement based on partiality, for it is not necessarily the style of music someone likes that makes them who they are. It is the heart and soul, and where the heart and soul is does not depend of what genre of music we listen to. We all have our unique individual tastes concerning things like music just as much as we have our individual tatses concerning things like food, and we are entitles to our own indiduality. We don't all have to listen to the same thing or like the same thing, for as long as it correlates with the laws and nature of Christ and his holiness, it is acceptable, and there isn't necessarily anything wrong with genres such as rock or metal unless its content it impure. Someone called me of the devil just because I listen to rock because it's "the devil's music", which is such an absurd judgment that is based on human standard and opinion rather than the standards of God and the Bible. You are told that with what measure of judgment you use, it will be measured unto you again, so be careful how you judge!:amen:

I agree with you completly. Oh and I believe that people get the term "devils music" from the early metal bands such as slayer, who used satanism to make some extreme scences. Same with other bands. Also bands such as alice cooper, freaked people out. Which of course, I believe thats where it all started. So anything that sounds like these guys, people automaticaly throw that quote out. Look as long as the music is pure, and praises God and not man, then it is ok to listen too. Thats what I truly believe.

Psalms 150- Praise the Lord!
Praise God in His sanctuary;
Praise Him in His mighty firmament!

2 Praise Him for His mighty acts;
Praise Him according to His excellent greatness!

3 Praise Him with the sound of the trumpet;
Praise Him with the lute and harp!
4 Praise Him with the timbrel and dance;
Praise Him with stringed instruments and flutes!
5 Praise Him with loud cymbals;
Praise Him with clashing cymbals!

6 Let everything that has breath praise the Lord.

Praise the Lord!

Ezra 3:11-
11 And they sang responsively, praising and giving thanks to the Lord:
“For He is good,
For His mercy endures forever toward Israel.”

Then all the people shouted with a great shout, when they praised the Lord, because the foundation of the house of the Lord was laid.

Psalms 98:4-Shout joyfully to the Lord, all the earth;
Break forth in song, rejoice, and sing praises.

Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
OHIO. home of THE Ohio State Buckeyes
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I understand God can take what was meant for evil and turn it around for the glory of God, but everytime He has done this, looking at it, it never looks anything like it did when it was meant for evil. I look at my own life, and I clearly see when I was working for the devil, and after God changed me nothing in my life is the same........i'm nolonger "on the highway to hell" nor do i project an image that i'm on a highway to hell, because my goal is to look like Jesus, not some flash in the pan rockstar
read what Paul says. he said to be like those you want to speak to about Christ. If you want to get to kids who listen to metal then speak to them through metal. You might not get to them any other way. Go to a sleeping giant concert. they had kids on their knees in the middle of the mosh pit praying. NOW thats hard core christian metal at its best. the lead singer had kids coming up to him afterwards for pray for like an hour.

Upvote 0

holyrokker

Contributor
Sep 4, 2004
California
Visit site
✟20,850.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]Rastafarianism is a religion and way of life, that began in Jamaica in the 1930’s that blends components of Christianity, Hinduism, New Age, Mysticism, Racism and Voodoo. Followers of Rastafarianism are called Rastas, or Rastaman.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, helvetica]Probably the most disturbing element of P.O.D. is the polluting of Christianity with Rastafarianism terms and values in their music. [/FONT]

just google it for further information, i'd have sent you a link but i can't as i haven't posted 50 times as yet :/
A person can find almost any type of falsehood using Google.

The members of POD are Christians. They are membes of solid, Bible-based churches, and are very involved in the work of the Gospel of Jesus.

They have not mixed theological garbage in with the Gospel message.

They are passionate about serving Christ.

Spend some time with them, like I have, and you'll learn to respect them.

Upvote 0

Rishad

Rishad Nathan D'Souza
Oct 25, 2011
Mumbai
✟15,210.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
A person can find almost any type of falsehood using Google.

The members of POD are Christians. They are membes of solid, Bible-based churches, and are very involved in the work of the Gospel of Jesus.

They have not mixed theological garbage in with the Gospel message.

They are passionate about serving Christ.

Spend some time with them, like I have, and you'll learn to respect them.

Thats really nice in that case, so maybe what i found was misleading, apologies :)

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

With dead memories in my heart
Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
read what Paul says. he said to be like those you want to speak to about Christ. If you want to get to kids who listen to metal then speak to them through metal. You might not get to them any other way. Go to a sleeping giant concert. they had kids on their knees in the middle of the mosh pit praying. NOW thats hard core christian metal at its best. the lead singer had kids coming up to him afterwards for pray for like an hour.
Man I want to go to a sleeping giant concert. I heard it is so good to go too

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ok im starting a new thread in contempoary music section called "battle of the bands" go check it out
tried your thread. So what gear you use in playing music. I have a michael kelly vex deluxe guitar. just got an 80's randall 412 with jaguar speakers, but have no amp head for it yet. not sure what to get that i can actually afford. right now just play through a axl 210 combo amp. very simple amp but ok for now. just got a roland gp100 effects processor which is cool.

Upvote 0

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
tried your thread. So what gear you use in playing music. I have a michael kelly vex deluxe guitar. just got an 80's randall 412 with jaguar speakers, but have no amp head for it yet. not sure what to get that i can actually afford. right now just play through a axl 210 combo amp. very simple amp but ok for now. just got a roland gp100 effects processor which is cool.

Ok well i dont have much equipment, but I have a Black Vendetta guitar and a G DEC Fender amp. Im hopin to get more stuff soon, like an interface and mixer board for recording. Oh and my amp had built in sound effects too.

Upvote 0

Schroeder

Veteran
Jun 10, 2005
✟11,248.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Ok well i dont have much equipment, but I have a Black Vendetta guitar and a G DEC Fender amp. Im hopin to get more stuff soon, like an interface and mixer board for recording. Oh and my amp had built in sound effects too.
almost got one of those amps. You should check out the michael kelly guitars. they are not to expensive and are nice guitars. find a vex though they are the best. I might be getting a peavy head soon though. full tube. that should be cool.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

PaxThroughX

Jan 27, 2012
America
✟16,168.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
Theocracy is a great example of Progressive metal :D and the good thing is even non-Christians have started liking the band especially after their latest release 'As The World Bleeds'. Divinefire is ok.

Theocracy is actually power metal

Upvote 0