Christian men, would you date/marry an Israeli?

Messianic_Friend

One for Israel
Jan 16, 2018
USA
✟9,564.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I don't hate you. I suppose while it's generally easier for a young woman to find a date, finding a meaningful relationship is about as hard for both sexes. Believe me, I think there's tons of guys that would love to find a nice, young christian woman who doesn't have prior relationship baggage. It's just so rare nowdays, we're skeptical there're even out there. :wave:

People used to get married at 19 and 20, and now if you tell a guy you have to wait till marriage most will laugh and leave.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People used to get married at 19 and 20, and now if you tell a guy you have to wait till marriage most will laugh and leave.

Your ancestors marry at 12 so they had it easier . Also they had no portable pc in thier phones with inappropriate content like most teenagers nowdays and could not swap left or right to find sex partner in 10 minutes from thier living area without dating on tinder .

In today's world 20+ virgin girl is like non existant so you are " on top of food chain " while looking for husband .

• Agree
Reactions: Mark_CB
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Your background sounds normal. Don't be too hard on yourselves, my family is Hindu while I'm a Christian. If you love the Lord Jesus, you won't have any trouble finding a good Christian man. We all have Jewish heritage in Christ. God bless:).
Rather, as written, a good spouse is hard to find,
and a good spouse is a treasure, rare one, gift from Yahweh.
Not at all easy to find,
but with much and many trials and testing
and especially perfectly GRACE FROM YAHWEH - HIS ACCOMPLISHMENT.

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Regardless what century, today included,
those following Jesus, serving Yahweh, do not seek to do like the world does, nor as the world approves of (which is much sin, opposed to Yahweh).

Yahweh laughs at the plans of the world, knowing they are folly.

Yahweh gives life, and joy, and peace, and righteousness, and discernment, and wisdom, and experiential knowledge, and salvation, and strength, and endurance all in Yahshua HaMashiach, freely and beyond measuring - no limit such is HIS GRACIOUSNESS and PROVISION PERFECTLY.

Upvote 0

Mark_CB

Jul 19, 2018
Austin
✟18,807.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Right. There are so few WTM people it's nearly impossible to do so. Once the critical mass is missing, what are you left with? I know Jesus said be perfect, as your heavenly father is perfect. But it is such a hard teaching. Especially in absence of support of most churches and ministries for singles. Fend for yourself.

Upvote 0

dreadnought

Lip service isn't really service.
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2012
Reno, Nevada
✟313,356.00
Country
United States
Faith
United Methodist
Marital Status
Celibate
I am a female in my 20s, born and raised in Israel. Now live in the United States and speak English with a noticeable accent (but I have a decent English otherwise), my family does not believe in God and we are in a pretty bad relationship :(.

I am a virgin (waiting for marriage) and never been in a relationship before. I have been asked out by secular men before but never by Christians, I think they are not interested in me because of my background. They are also pretty rare here where I live, so in two years I plan to apply for grad school either a religious one or in Texas :hug:.

Would you date an Israeli woman with a little complicated background? Thanks.
I wasn't planning to marry anybody. I suppose if I was going to marry an Israeli, it would be with the intention of becoming a Jew. Don't worry - I don't know any Jewish women.

Upvote 0

Citanul

Well, when exactly do you mean?
May 31, 2006
Cape Town, South Africa
✟209,643.00
Country
South Africa
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
While marrying would depend on how well the dating went, if I felt we had a good enough connection then I'd have no problem dating an Israeli. Someone's background isn't all that important to me unless it has a negative effect on how they're currently living their life.

Upvote 0

ubicaritas

sinning boldly
Jul 22, 2017
Orlando
✟68,398.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Private
Christians are so diverse in the US it's hard to say.

If you have not been a Christian for long I'd invite you to be cautious in the US because you may lock yourself into a religious identity/subculture through dating and intimate relationships that is not healthy for you in the long run as you go through changing life stages. We have enormous freedom of religion here but not all people exercise a corresponding sense of responsibility. It's easy when you are young to be extremely idealistic and zealous and not focus on the long term implications of choices.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,259.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I am a female in my 20s, born and raised in Israel. Now live in the United States and speak English with a noticeable accent (but I have a decent English otherwise), my family does not believe in God and we are in a pretty bad relationship :(.

I am a virgin (waiting for marriage) and never been in a relationship before. I have been asked out by secular men before but never by Christians, I think they are not interested in me because of my background. They are also pretty rare here where I live, so in two years I plan to apply for grad school either a religious one or in Texas :hug:.

Israeli-born is not a disqualifier at all. Nor is an accent.
The family stuff is a bit concerning, though it's not out of the ordinary for those in their early 20s. I'm past that point myself, there comes a time when you just get tired of fighting your family and just want to make peace and get along. The drama just gets old. Do you have a desire to repair those relationships?
Concerning non-citizens: I'm honestly wary of dating non-citizens, because marriage fraud is a real thing. How long have you been a permanent resident?

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
They are also pretty rare here where I live, so in two years I plan to apply for grad school either a religious one or in Texas :hug:.

Welcome to CF.

No need to worry at all. Your problem with parents is a very common problem among those who believe in God. It's no big deal.

You shouldn't have problems finding Christian guys to date, unless they're rare to find near you as you have said.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Personally I prefer japanese women but there is nothing wrong with being from Israel just not my body type . I don't think background have to do anything with you not being dating yet maybe you are just too shy . Post on some Christian dating site with disclaimer that you are virgin and sex after marriage only and you will find some real relationship .

Unless you're Japanes or have significant Japanese DNA, I think there's something creepy about wanting to marry Japanese women - especially after hearing from others that they make excellent wives.

I think it has something about their culture that makes Japanes wives submissive, compared to Western women.

Ironically, many Japanese women don't like the arrangement either and many are choosing to be single/celibate instead.

Upvote 0

Chinchilla

May 31, 2018
Warsaw
✟30,919.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Unless you're Japanes or have significant Japanese DNA, I think there's something creepy about wanting to marry Japanese women - especially after hearing from others that they make excellent wives.

I think it has something about their culture that makes Japanes wives submissive, compared to Western women.

Ironically, many Japanese women don't like the arrangement either and many are choosing to be single/celibate instead.

That's why Japan is dying , europe like Germany can just open borders to immigrants but japan won't and they have almost no kids compared to death rate .

Japan has different culture , there are little to none crimes , the prison is seen as training camp because it assumes that you were nor properly trained during the school so you will work in that prison 8h/day , have separate cell like a room for living and the guards don't have guns while guarding such prison because they put trust that you want to repent .

Whole culture is submissive .

Upvote 0

timewerx

the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟300,076.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
That's why Japan is dying , europe like Germany can just open borders to immigrants but japan won't and they have almost no kids compared to death rate .

Japan has different culture , there are little to none crimes , the prison is seen as training camp because it assumes that you were nor properly trained during the school so you will work in that prison 8h/day , have separate cell like a room for living and the guards don't have guns while guarding such prison because they put trust that you want to repent .

Whole culture is submissive .

It's still a strongly patriarchal society and their women are not very happy about it.

They are probably the most racist among Asian cultures too. Sharing the spot with Hong Kong. Fortunately, they don't discriminate White Caucasians, but other races and other Asians, they do. That is going to be an issue with me since I'm not pure blood Japanese.

• Agree
Reactions: ubicaritas
Upvote 0

Gnarwhal

☩ Broman Catholic ☩
Oct 31, 2008
N/A
✟434,290.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian

I would have no problem dating an Israeli woman, just like I wouldn't have any problem dating a woman of any other race/ethnicity. The only thing I'm really "discriminating" on is religion, and that's because I've been in a relationship before where our beliefs didn't match up precisely, even though we're both professing Christians.

I don't know how long you've been in the US, or how long you've been trying to date since you've been here, but I think you'll find that most American men would find your background and accent charming, if not flat out attractive.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Servant68

Sleepless 300 miles from Seattle
Jun 30, 2015
The Pacific Northwest
✟73,203.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Definitely. Israeli women are some of the most beautiful women in the world...

Israeli+Women+Army+Soldiers.jpg

Upvote 0

name_is_irrelevant

Jun 16, 2018
Farton
✟6,276.00
Country
Afghanistan
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single

Israeli is just a nationality, am I right? That would not be a dealbreaker for me, so long as that's merely an aspect of your life rather than what your life is all about.

I'll elaborate. What is a dealbreaker for me is when people base their core identity around something other than Christian religion. Whether that's another religion, or a political cause, or their ethnicity, or their sex, or whatever. I just can't connect with that person on a very deep level, because their core identity differs from mine. The Bible says in Christ there is neither Jew nor Gentile, male nor female, etc. The point is about identity, if your life identity is based around your political beliefs (so many people on the internet see the world in terms of left vs right, it's insane), your ethnic heritage, what country you come from,... that is a sin. This is also why I feel closer to my Christian friends than my own atheist siblings. I've seen this with people in church too, with conservative-minded people in particular, they're "Christian" to the extent that it's an extension of conservative culture... this is idolatry and should be called out for what it is. It's disgusting.

TL;DR: If you're Christian above all else, I'd consider it. Otherwise, no. Not compatible enough. Has nothing to do with being pro/anti-Israeli, but about whether you're Israeli first or Chrsitian first.

Last edited:
Upvote 0