Australia
✟277,286.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
...a religious rebel, that is. He was not a political rebel.

In that time, and specifically within Jewish culture, how are they separate?

At any rate, non of that explains the link between Christianity and the concept of conservatism, especially if you consider Jesus a religious rebel.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
How does one metaphorically hurt a book or an omnipotent being?
Logically, it cannot happen. But he can hurt the Christian TV theocracy and their multi-million dollar empires.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

The pickles are up to something
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,192,260.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Logically, it cannot happen. But he can hurt the Christian TV theocracy and their multi-million dollar empires.
I doubt that would be under threat either. They would have a more immediate boogeyman to point at.

• Agree
Reactions: Andrewn
Upvote 0

Speedwell

May 11, 2016
St Charles, IL
✟347,270.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
I don't know what Catholics believe as I am not one and don't know any personally so it's really hard for me to judge.
So since you don't know what Catholics believe (including Biden) you will just take the President's word for it. I see.

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Biden has frequently spoken about how his Catholic faith helped him cope with the deaths of his first wife and daughter in a 1972 car accident.

In a statement, he said Trump’s comments were “shameful”.

He added: “Like so many people, my faith has been the bedrock foundation of my life: it’s provided me comfort in moments of loss and tragedy, it’s kept me grounded and humbled in times of triumph and joy.

“And in this moment of darkness for our country – of pain, of division, and of sickness for so many Americans – my faith has been a guiding light for me and a constant reminder of the fundamental dignity and humanity that God has bestowed upon all of us.

“For President Trump to attack my faith is shameful. It’s beneath the office he holds and it’s beneath the dignity the American people so rightly expect and deserve from their leaders.”

Joe Biden attacks Donald Trump for 'shameful' claim he is 'against God'

Reactions: Allandavid
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
At any rate, non of that explains the link between Christianity and the concept of conservatism, especially if you consider Jesus a religious rebel.

Historically, conservatism emphasized the religious (i.e. Christian) understanding of the nature of Man, whereas Liberalism took its values from the ideas of the Enlightenment, including reason, equality, democracy, etc.
Biden has frequently spoken about how his Catholic faith helped him cope with the deaths of his first wife and daughter in a 1972 car accident.

He added: “Like so many people, my faith has been the bedrock foundation of my life: it’s provided me comfort in moments of loss and tragedy, it’s kept me grounded and humbled in times of triumph and joy.

“And in this moment of darkness for our country – of pain, of division, and of sickness for so many Americans – my faith has been a guiding light for me and a constant reminder of the fundamental dignity and humanity that God has bestowed upon all of us.

“For President Trump to attack my faith is shameful. It’s beneath the office he holds and it’s beneath the dignity the American people so rightly expect and deserve from their leaders.”

Yeh, well, when Trump professes any religious convictions, his enemies jump all over it, calling him out...and criticizing any Christians who might vote for him as well.

What you are doing in this post is lauding Biden for being exactly the same as Trump when it comes to this particular issue. ;)

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yeh, well, when Trump professes any religious convictions, his enemies jump all over it, calling him out...and criticizing any Christians who might vote for him as well.

What you are doing in this post is lauding Biden for being exactly the same as Trump when it comes to this particular issue. ;)

Exactly the same...??

Please indicate when Biden criticised Trump for his religious beliefs.
How many inappropriate content stars did Biden pay off while his wife was recovering from childbirth?
How many times has Biden been sued for racial discrimination in his business practices?
When was the last time Biden looked the other way when an adversary of the US was reported to be paying bounties for American lives...?

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Please indicate when Biden criticised Trump for his religious beliefs.

"A digital ad released last week that will play in battleground states introduces Biden as a leader of faith, drawing an implicit contrast with Trump without naming him. A female voice narrates the ad, called ‘That’s Joe,’ over still pictures and videos of Biden praying, greeting people, and wearing a mask. ‘In a crisis, it’s character that counts. We need a president who leads with faith, not fear,’ she says, in part.”

Believers for Biden? | The American SpectatorThe American Spectator

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes,.. many people were claiming that Trump said that he was against God and so that's why I created a whole new topic about it to prove that he was saying that about Biden.
I think you’re mistaken. We all knew the quote was from Trump, about Biden. And it was an incredibly dishonest smear. Biden is a Catholic and a man of faith. Trump is just desperate and making wild accusations.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Sparagmos

Oct 19, 2018
Portland, Oregon
✟278,062.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Still keeping the thread up though just in case there are any doubters still among us of what a devil Biden is. I'm pretty sure some other people in here were having a go at Trump too,.. but of course I could be wrong. :scratch:
Calling Biden a devil? That’s extreme, are you going to back it up with examples?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

And yet Biden stands against his Church on the most debated moral issue of our time, abortion.

Upvote 0

Kaon

Mar 12, 2018
Los Angeles
✟111,507.00
Country
United States
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Celibate
Please don't take this the wrong way,.. I really don't want to start a fight,.. but how is there such things as Christian Democrats and or Liberls? (This might sound stupid but not sure if that's the same thing. XD)

Politics are for people that like to pretend, and want their own egos exalted.

Why would a Christian be involved in politics when it has been told to us that an enemy is literally the god of this plane of existence - unless one sympathizes with the enemy (which is the reality for which few realize). Why would any Christian be distracted by anything of this world?

Didn't the god of Abraham say that we were given kings because of the hardness or our hearts - that we were too ignorant to realize who/what god is, and how god can watch over a nation? We never learn, which is why politicians can so easily swindle the populace.

Christians concerned with the cares of this world are already doomed into perpetual ignorance.

Upvote 0

Akita Suggagaki

Jul 20, 2018
Midwest
✟283,624.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Christians concerned with the cares of this world are already doomed into perpetual ignorance.
Not so. We must get involved to bring about good. To love one another has a definite social responsibility. This isn't one area wher I must give the Catholics Church credit. It has a well developed Social Teaching. Just needs to be true to it.

Reactions: April_Rose
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
So how is Biden going to "hurt God" or "hurt the Bible?"
C'mon. We use expressions like that all the time.

In truth, God is above our realm, but we still use human-oriented terms when attempting to characterize God's response, etc., to certain things. We say that He "rejoices" at the conversion of a sinner, and say that He is "angry" at some of our doings, etc.

In fact, none of those ways of speaking are technically correct, but even the Bible uses such, or else we would be hard-pressed to express our thoughts concerning God's will and intentions.

• Winner
Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Biden is a Catholic and a man of faith. Trump is just desperate and making wild accusations.
It's always interesting to encounter a grossly simplistic explanation of any very complicated and difficult topic like that one is. ;)

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.