• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Christian and bipolar please help want to die

Savannah88

Dec 24, 2012
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I have bipolar I am praying and reading my word and
Things aren't changing yet
I know I shouldn't be depressed or angry
I know I'm supposed to be thankful but I want to die anywAy
I can't kill mysel ill go to hell
If I get a prescription for weed to help my bipolar
I'll be sinning I don't know why though
I've taken every thing else
Adderal
Ritalin
Ambilify
Prozac
Geodon
Rispredal
Depakote
Seraquil
Risperadone
Temazapam
Lithium
Adavan
Lexapro
None of those help ether
Trust me I've been on them for 14 years and I'm only 25
I was on Prozac in the fourth grade
And that was when Prozac was new and experimental
I pray and read the words of Jesus God in his bible
But I have no relief of my symptoms
And I lash out at Jesus and those whom I love
I need relief from these symptoms
Why is medical weed so wrong if it can help my symptoms

Loven God

Sep 16, 2012
✟15,685.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Savannah88,
Frist let me tell you , you are not alone and God can handle anything you have to say . He loves you . He died for you .

Weed is not good for someone that is bipolar it will make your symptoms better it will only make things worse . I have been there and it is not a good place to be .

I have also wanted to die many times but I think of those I would leave behind . It is a daily struggle to live with bipolar and I have asked myself many a time why me Lord . I just except now and try to do the best i can and trust God to bring me out of my darkest pits .

I will be praying for you and that you wull find relife and the answers you are looking for .

Upvote 0

redblue22

You Are Special.
Jan 13, 2012
✟73,841.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
I have no idea if weed is morally good or not. I tried weed. Not good for me. Known other people who tried it. Never seen it work. Ever. But seen it make things worse. How is it working for you?

And if you're thinking other street drugs, don't do it. I hate seeing what happens to self-medicating friends. They were emotionally beaten in the park of life and wound up in the ghetto. Literally. Not saying pot makes one an addict, but a lot of people get ideas that turn down the road of addiction. Besides, if you're on pot or alcohol or other drugs or living on caffeine pills and cigs, the presciption stuff is now fighting all that on top of it. What does your psychiatrist think of you using pot?

Now, you mentioned some other drugs too. So bipolar isn't the only thing they think is going on. Like, if you've got paranoia, pot will make it worse. I don't know how it affects fears and things like adhd or borderline or whatever else. (not saying you have those . . . just rambling)

I'm sorry you are gonig through emotional hell. And not finding a right mix of meds is fairly normal problem. They aren't fun for most of us to be on even if you find a good fit.

I do wish God would make it all better. And I hang on to knowing heaven is a free gift. And I trust God Jesus to have taken my hell for me.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

trustinhim83

Feb 15, 2013
✟15,207.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Like, if you've got paranoia, pot will make it worse. I don't know how it affects fears and things like adhd or borderline or whatever else. (not saying you have those . . . just rambling)
[/quote

Yea, I agree....marajuana will make things worse for you probably. It will cause you to have a lot more hallucinations, and delusions. No fun. It does help even you out a bit, but the paranoia that can come with it is not good.
Is pot legal in your state, for medical uses? If so, then what sin is there in that? ...but I don't think the doc. will prescribe you pot for Bipolar. Maybe for Anxiety, but not Bipolar. And I wouldn't take it if I were you anyways...been there and it doesn't fix things.
Look people are going to think what they're going to think. You can't control that. If pot is legal in your state, and you are prescribed it to treat an illness, then I don't believe there is any sin in that. If someone is judging you for it, then you probably don't want to be around them anyways. Either find a way to not let them get to you, or remove them from your life.

Don't remove yourself though by trying to commit suicide ...there are much better, and more noble ways to go. You've got a lot of life left to live, and you have to believe that. God gave you life, and he didn't make a mistake when he did so.
I do understand your anguish..been there as well. PM me if you'd like to chat.

Upvote 0

Savannah88

Dec 24, 2012
✟15,118.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
Hey I'd love to chat but I don't know what pm- ing is
I've been trying to ween myself off of the weed but its very hard
I don't want to get left behind
I don't really have paranoia
But I need to be able to give everything up for Jesus
And pick up my cross so to speak
I don't want to defile the temple of Jesus
But I need him to give me the the peace I need to
Stop smoking the weed
I don't want an unclean spirit you know
Thanks
Yours in Christ
Savannah

Upvote 0

trustinhim83

Feb 15, 2013
✟15,207.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
PM as in Private Message.
Here are some Bible verses that I found on openbible.com:
What Does the Bible Say About Mental Illness?
What Does the Bible Say About Taking Care Of Yourself?

In scripture we are told to take care of our bodies, as they are a temple. I understand the conflict you're having, but when you say that you need to pick up your cross I believe you should do what is necessary to take care of yourself. If this means using the resources we have available to us that are known to treat an illness, then you are taking care of your body. Again, if marajuana is illegal in your state then I don't think you should be using it. First of all, it's wrong. Second, you could get in serious trouble. Third, you shouldn't try to self medicate. That is what doctors are there for. I hope, and pray that you seek treatment from a trusted medical professional who can give you the right treatment plan to help deal with your illness. I pray that God will give you peace, and a sound mind.

Upvote 0