• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Please help me, someone.. my life and eternity is OVER.

DevastatedNate

Nov 26, 2021
Kentucky
✟20,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hey buddy, if there is hope or not i think your post has the answer, if Jesus told you:
'i died for you'
Understand this, this is totally biblical obviously, and Jesus would not tell anyone this to condemn or reproach them like some cinical thing, no, this would be totally out of character from God, because he died for us we have the opportunity to be saved!.

I've thought of this as well as an element of hope. The NDE experience did not provide extra Biblical information or special revelation that could not be backed by scripture. It was straight to the point and Biblically sound. I thought to myself many times after this that happened; that I was so abhorrent and evil that Christ decided to actually speak to me. Without this experience I would have continued wandering aimlessly into further falsehoods.

Upvote 0

Rene Loup

Left the pack, joined the flock.
Apr 13, 2020
Canada
✟62,140.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I've thought of this as well as an element of hope. The NDE experience did not provide extra Biblical information or special revelation that could not be backed by scripture.

Goodness, I REALLY need to take the time to read long posts like this one! The context was lost on me, and I thought this was a severe spiritual attack! My deepest apologies for my hastiness!

Do you see someone who speaks in haste?
There is more hope for a fool than for them.
~Proverbs 29:20 (NIV)

Prov. 29 KJV,NKJV,NIV,ICB - He, that being often reproved hardeneth - Bible Gateway

My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,
~James 1:19 (NIV)

James 1 KJV,NKJV,NIV,ICB - James, a servant of God and of the Lord - Bible Gateway

For God is not a God of disorder but of peace—as in all the congregations of the Lord’s people.
~1 Corinthians 14:33 (NIV), some translations have, 'confusion' instead of 'disorder.'

1 Cor 14 KJV,NKJV,NIV,ICB - Follow after charity, and desire - Bible Gateway

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg

1. pull a Homer - Wiktionary
On November 28, 2021, at roughly 11:30 AM Eastern Time, I have added additional Scripture (1 Cor. 14:33 and James 1:19), as well as centred the well-deserved Homer Simpson image. I certainly hope I pulled a Homer[1] with my first topic post. My apologies, I'm a flawed human being who is predisposed towards selfishness.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟453,608.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I've thought of this as well as an element of hope. The NDE experience did not provide extra Biblical information or special revelation that could not be backed by scripture. It was straight to the point and Biblically sound. I thought to myself many times after this that happened; that I was so abhorrent and evil that Christ decided to actually speak to me. Without this experience I would have continued wandering aimlessly into further falsehoods.

That would be totallly out of character from God in this time of grace (that he told you he died for you in a rebuke way to condemn you) no! that doesn't sound like God at all, if Jesus told you this, its because he even saved you from death from that heart attack probably. Have faith.

Upvote 0

Siodoryn

Jul 9, 2021
NSW
✟24,576.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
When everything feels like it’s falling apart, it can help to go back to the beginning. Please understand that salvation is by grace through faith and there is no way to earn your way to heaven. Likewise, not one of us – saved or no – is without sin. It is impossible to eliminate all sin from your life while alive as, especially after being saved, there is a constant war between our sinful flesh and our spirit. What’s important is that we are saved by what Jesus did for us, and nothing else. This isn’t a carte blanche to run around getting wild but at the same time, it’s important to acknowledge that we WILL stumble, and to not give up when that happens but turn everything over to God and persevere.

Saved people sin. Please understand this, as the teenager back then who struggled with lust and failed should not look on that as evidence of not being saved. It sounds as though you have carried the burden of living to an impossible standard with you to the present day, when you say, “…even though in my flesh I have given up my sins the best I can do…” It’s not the giving up of sins that redeems us, it is our faith in Christ alone, period. To be clear, the point isn’t that we do not try to stop sinning (and succeed, and sometimes fail and have to work on it) but that faith comes first.

I can’t know whether you were truly saved at 17 or not and won’t assume, so I ask you to please watch this video, “How To Know You Are On Your Way To Heaven” posted by Verity Baptist Church.
(If the link is removed, you can find it on YouTube)

From what you have described, it seems that, throughout your life and from a young age, God has placed people in or near your path to assist you. It doesn’t sound like He has given up on you at all, not one little bit. It’s certainly something to think about. When you were lying there in the bed with the flames at your feet, you were shown what it is you need to focus on: not on your sins but on the salvation provided by Jesus alone. Keep your eyes on Him and continue reading and believing in the Bible. Believe every single word that Jesus spoke as He is the rock of our foundation.

Finally, your sincere desire to seek God is not the action of an unforgiveable person. You are not alone in this.

Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hearing from Jesus sounds like a blessing to me!

it is not getting to the place where you can say I am there. It’s just being with Jesus on the path to heaven. We want to be there, but we don’t get there. Often we want to be perfect, but we need to learn the lessons on the way.

Upvote 0

DevastatedNate

Nov 26, 2021
Kentucky
✟20,593.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Hearing from Jesus sounds like a blessing to me!

it is not getting to the place where you can say I am there. It’s just being with Jesus on the path to heaven. We want to be there, but we don’t get there. Often we want to be perfect, but we need to learn the lessons on the way.
Yes it was an honor to hear him speak, though it was under beyond terrifying circumstances. The spiritual torment that began maybe 2 or 3 weeks later is what is destroying my peace. Though I'm falling apart and rotting away because the body can only handle so much stress, I still pick myself up amd attend church regularly. Would be there tonight but I have the flu.

I've never tried am exorcism by a Catholic; I attend a protestant church and have had then try to cast out this tormenting spirit, but I'd be willing to let a priest give it a go.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Unqualified
Upvote 0

Unqualified

243 God loves me
Site Supporter
Aug 17, 2020
West of Mississippi
✟417,015.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But that is what it is like… the peace in the midst of the storm. Paul was cast down but not forgotten, burdened beyond measure but not destroyed. (You get the idea!). You can work on your condition with doctors or spiritually to make it better. You have to cope with it. I pray you have peace and hope in the midst of the storm. In Jesus Name. Then work on it a battle sometimes hand to hand combat. Take thoughts captive as in 2cor10:3-5. Pray be in survival mode. You have a fighting chance.

Paul couldn’t cast his spirit out he had to live with it. I have something similar like whacked out thoughts. Very inconvenient.
But not a life stopper. Be in prayer about it, use your weapons and don’t give up. You can make a way in the seeming darkness with Gods help.

Upvote 0