Christian Anarchism

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Drwho: "Your blessings are mine."

1 Corinthians 10:24 Let no man seek his own, but every man another's wealth.

Philippians 2:2 Fulfil ye my joy, that ye be likeminded, having the same love, being of one accord, of one mind.
3 Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.
4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.
5 Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus:
6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Norman, why not be like Apostle Paul, following our Lord Jesus Christ, who does not go against the authorities, as God appointed them.

Also God did not appoint the divided Christian groups, they are divided against themselves, including SDA.

Romans 13:2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.
3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:
4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.
5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.
6 For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are God's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing.
7 Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

1 Corinthians 1:10 Now I beseech you, brethren, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye all speak the same thing, and that there be no divisions among you; but that ye be perfectly joined together in the same mind and in the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 3:3 For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?
4 For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?
5 Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Just two questions...
1. How does a person spend money they don't have?
2. If I may ask,,,why does this interest you so much?
People at all income levels spend about 30% of their income on non-essential purchases.
When tithing 10% this leaves 20% to also spend on other charity or savings.

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
Skywriting: "People at all income levels spend about 30% of their income on non-essential purchases.
When tithing 10% this leaves 20% to also spend on other charity or savings."

Luke 11:41 But rather give alms of such things as ye have; and, behold, all things are clean unto you.

Mark 10:28 Then Peter began to say unto him, Lo, we have left all, and have followed thee.
29 And Jesus answered and said, Verily I say unto you, There is no man that hath left house, or brethren, or sisters, or father, or mother, or wife, or children, or lands, for my sake, and the gospel's,
30 But he shall receive an hundredfold now in this time, houses, and brethren, and sisters, and mothers, and children, and lands, with persecutions; and in the world to come eternal life.
31 But many that are first shall be last; and the last first.

Luke 14:26 If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.
27 And whosoever doth not bear his cross, and come after me, cannot be my disciple.
28 For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have sufficient to finish it?
29 Lest haply, after he hath laid the foundation, and is not able to finish it, all that behold it begin to mock him,
30 Saying, This man began to build, and was not able to finish.
31 Or what king, going to make war against another king, sitteth not down first, and consulteth whether he be able with ten thousand to meet him that cometh against him with twenty thousand?
32 Or else, while the other is yet a great way off, he sendeth an ambassage, and desireth conditions of peace.
33 So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple.

Hebrews 10:34 For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance.

Philippians 3:8 Yea doubtless, and I count all things but loss for the excellency of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord: for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and do count them but dung, that I may win Christ,

1 Corinthians 4:11 Even unto this present hour we both hunger, and thirst, and are naked, and are buffeted, and have no certain dwellingplace;
12 And labour, working with our own hands: being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we suffer it:
13 Being defamed, we intreat: we are made as the filth of the world, and are the offscouring of all things unto this day.
14 I write not these things to shame you, but as my beloved sons I warn you.
15 For though ye have ten thousand instructers in Christ, yet have ye not many fathers: for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel.
16 Wherefore I beseech you, be ye followers of me.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
People at all income levels spend about 30% of their income on non-essential purchases.
When tithing 10% this leaves 20% to also spend on other charity or savings.
I get your point.
I just think you don't know what poverty is.

Might as well add that I don't like tithing.
But it's not something I would spend my time debating.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I don't think you know what poverty is. People in poverty spend more than 30% of their income on non-essentials. I've lived in the suburbs for 10 years and then 30 years inside the city limits.
MILWAUKEE 53206

MILWAUKEE 53206 - Trailer - YouTube
I fixed the audio.
I must say that I DO sympathize with the situation portrayed.
I just don't think these persons are poor.
I'm afraid that you don't know what poverty is.
But it's OK...you sound like a good person...

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm afraid that you don't know what poverty is.

I would agree with you if only income had anything at all to do with it.
But tithing has nothing to do with the amount of income or spending money.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
God is not worried about "Net Worth" in dollars.

Proverbs 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Proverbs 19:17 He that hath pity upon the poor lendeth unto the Lord; and that which he hath given will he pay him again.

Matthew 25:34 Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:
35 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:
36 Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.
37 Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?
38 When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?
39 Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?
40 And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

41 Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

42 For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

43 I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

44 Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

45 Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

SkyWriting said:

The Widow’s Offering
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

Upvote 0

prophecy_uk

May 3, 2004
✟11,107.00
Faith
Christian
SkyWriting said:

The Widow’s Offering
41 Jesus sat down opposite the place where the offerings were put and watched the crowd putting their money into the temple treasury. Many rich people threw in large amounts. 42 But a poor widow came and put in two very small copper coins, worth only a few cents.

43 Calling his disciples to him, Jesus said, “Truly I tell you, this poor widow has put more into the treasury than all the others. 44 They all gave out of their wealth; but she, out of her poverty, put in everything—all she had to live on.”

NET WORTH:

Matthew 13:44 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto treasure hid in a field; the which when a man hath found, he hideth, and for joy thereof goeth and selleth all that he hath, and buyeth that field.
45 Again, the kingdom of heaven is like unto a merchant man, seeking goodly pearls:
46 Who, when he had found one pearl of great price, went and sold all that he had, and bought it.

Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In one sense, I understand the rejection of tithing. We should not slavishly devote ourselves to set obligations like a rule of 10%, and there are also the Biblical issues of the fact that the tithe was not currency based but was based on agriculture with monetary tithes only being acceptable for not being able to make the journey with the physical goods and being seen as an inferior accomodation. Ultimately, though, the theological dispute often stands on a lack of commitment towards God. In the new testament our lives are forfeit. This means our whole income, our whole day, our whole person are to be a sacrifice towards God and to be put into His service. So why squabble about a 10% minimum?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
In one sense, I understand the rejection of tithing. We should not slavishly devote ourselves to set obligations like a rule of 10%....

Like prayer, it's a privledge worth your time. And 10% is a choice.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hi Norman
Sorry I haven't followed along, but I'm in agreement with your post no. 62
I don't know what a Christian Anarchist is, but the only way to help with depression is to take a pill.

I must disagree with this in the strongest terms. Depression is only , in some cases, the result of chemical imbalances. I would say that it is more often a response to one's circumstances. Often, beating depression is about exploring the root causes. Ultimately, Christ works in us to produce joy. Sometimes this requires soul-searching, sometimes the work is immediate and unbidden. In both cases it's miraculous.

Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I must disagree with this in the strongest terms. Depression is only , in some cases, the result of chemical imbalances. I would say that it is more often a response to one's circumstances. Often, beating depression is about exploring the root causes. Ultimately, Christ works in us to produce joy. Sometimes this requires soul-searching, sometimes the work is immediate and unbidden. In both cases it's miraculous.
1. What does one do if it's a chemical imbalance?

2. Circumstances make one very sad.
Depression does not have a set cause.

What if I'm depressed and am not helped by my faith?

Reactions: Tigger45
Upvote 0

Eftsoon

Mar 26, 2021
London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
1. What does one do if it's a chemical imbalance?

If it's a chemical imbalance, this needs to be addressed. You said that the *ony* solution for depression is pills. That flies in the face of medical science. For example see:
Causes - Clinical depression

If your depression is caused by life circumstances, you need to deal with your life circumstances, not neck down pills which may or may not mask the problem.

2. Circumstances make one very sad.
Depression does not have a set cause.

Exactly. That is what I'm saying precisely. Pills are not the answer for everyone. Sadly, the drugs we have at our disposal are only effective in a few cases. The chemical imbalances that are responsible for some forms of depression are many and manifold. Monoamine imbalances as well as brain inflammation have been suggested to be a cause in some instances.

What if I'm depressed and am not helped by my faith?

CBT is the most effective form of treatment for many. If you go the route of CBT, Christ can be present in the therapist-patient relationship.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

GodsGrace101

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2018
Tuscany
✟231,507.00
Country
Italy
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
If it's a chemical imbalance, this needs to be addressed. You said that the *ony* solution for depression is pills. That flies in the face of medical science. For example see:
Causes - Clinical depression

If your depression is caused by life circumstances, you need to deal with your life circumstances, not neck down pills which may or may not mask the problem.

Exactly. That is what I'm saying precisely. Pills are not the answer for everyone. Sadly, the drugs we have at our disposal are only effective in a few cases. The chemical imbalances that are responsible for some forms of depression are many and manifold. Monoamine imbalances as well as brain inflammation have been suggested to be a cause in some instances.

CBT is the most effective form of treatment for many. If you go the route of CBT, Christ can be present in the therapist-patient relationship.
I did read your link but learned nothing new of course.
It's the same as in the recent past except we have new medicines that help different aspects of depression....Some pills help the depression more and some help the anxiety more and Abilify is a great new addition that helps those that think about sickness and death all the time; also a symptom of depression most of the time.

I'm not a pill maniac...but, unfortunately, I know that talking does not help real depression and only pills will help. Even if it is caused by a specific life problem or situation,,,some situations cannot be changed and some persons cannot deal with them. So, yes, I do believe that if one has real depression (clinical depression) only pills will really help.

I can also add that knowing Jesus is a great help. Unfortunately we live in this world and even though we experience the joy of knowing our Lord, we can still become affected by this disease known as depression. If we follow HIS ways and teachings, we ARE saved from a lot of turmoil and tend to live more peaceful lives or we can better accept the situation we're in.

I hear too many on these forums speak about pills as if they're evil and should not be used even when they ARE necessary.

You sound very intelligent and I don't put you in that category.

Upvote 0