London
✟55,992.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I did read your link but learned nothing new of course.
It's the same as in the recent past except we have new medicines that help different aspects of depression....Some pills help the depression more and some help the anxiety more and Abilify is a great new addition that helps those that think about sickness and death all the time; also a symptom of depression most of the time.

I'm not a pill maniac...but, unfortunately, I know that talking does not help real depression and only pills will help. Even if it is caused by a specific life problem or situation,,,some situations cannot be changed and some persons cannot deal with them. So, yes, I do believe that if one has real depression (clinical depression) only pills will really help.

I can also add that knowing Jesus is a great help. Unfortunately we live in this world and even though we experience the joy of knowing our Lord, we can still become affected by this disease known as depression. If we follow HIS ways and teachings, we ARE saved from a lot of turmoil and tend to live more peaceful lives or we can better accept the situation we're in.

I hear too many on these forums speak about pills as if they're evil and should not be used even when they ARE necessary.

You sound very intelligent and I don't put you in that category.

Thank you for your kind words. Depression really is a complex disease with a complex set of causes. It sounds like you have seen or experienced it first hand, but be careful not to argue from personal experience. All I'm saying is that, pills are not the only option, there are other effective treatments available.

Overview - Cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT)

Reactions: GodsGrace101
Upvote 0

Fervent

Sep 22, 2020
San jacinto
✟128,942.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Like prayer, it's a privledge worth your time. And 10% is a choice.
A "tithe" of money isn't really Biblical, though. Deuteronomy is pretty explicit:
And before the Lord your God, in the place that he will choose, to make his name dwell there, you shall eat the tithe of your grain, of your wine, and of your oil, and the firstborn of your herd and flock, that you may learn to fear the Lord your God always.(Deuteronomy 14:23 esv)

When was the last time you ate dollars and cents? Monetary tithes are entirely an invention of "religious" men, and as Jesus put it they more often "devour widow's houses" than actually achieve a godly end.

Upvote 0