Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
SO i am hearing and so i brought it up here.
I should be shocked, but with the ways things are going in this world, not so much.

I find this repulsive to say the least. Mohammad made himself better - but that was his folly and his downfall most likely in the eternal world. Tho we dont know, i cant imagine him lifting himself up over the Savior and not being taken account for it.

As we Catholics say, we dont know anyone's judgment. Let's hope we dont have wayward priests getting into this. :crossrc:
Funny thing is, Muslims are not so cracked on it.

I swear, people have turned into such waffles. Christians seem to be leading the pack on pointers.

Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate sounding harsh but why are people so darned fricken stupid as to think that Islam and Christianity can be reconciled?
Because they tend to ignore the irreconcilable differences thinking it makes them look cool.

Everyone in this type of mindset thinks they are the exception to the rule. It's all so unique & cutting edge. :p

Upvote 0
Jul 4, 2011
✟8,294.00
Faith
Catholic
I hate sounding harsh but why are people so darned fricken stupid as to think that Islam and Christianity can be reconciled?

Because islamic peeps chop your head off if you're Christian and/or suicide bomb you to heaven.

Everyone is scared. That's why! Priests are the most scared. They're scared of christian laymen just imagine with others.

Wanna see a miracle? Priests getting a backbone.

-_-'

Upvote 0

StThomasMore

Christian Democrat
Feb 27, 2011
✟17,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think he was doing that to say "I respect you, let's be nice to one another".

Popes aren't impeccable either, they do make mistakes regarding their regular life. I think he kissed the Koran because John Paul II was trying so hard in his ecumenism efforts

Upvote 0

JoabAnias

Steward of proportionality- I Cor 13:1, 1 Tim 3:15
Site Supporter
Nov 26, 2007
✟82,874.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Can anyone guess where this comes from?

3. The Church regards with esteem also the Moslems. They adore the one God, living and subsisting in Himself; merciful and all- powerful, the Creator of heaven and earth,(5) who has spoken to men; they take pains to submit wholeheartedly to even His inscrutable decrees, just as Abraham, with whom the faith of Islam takes pleasure in linking itself, submitted to God. Though they do not acknowledge Jesus as God, they revere Him as a prophet. They also honor Mary, His virgin Mother; at times they even call on her with devotion. In addition, they await the day of judgment when God will render their deserts to all those who have been raised up from the dead. Finally, they value the moral life and worship God especially through prayer, almsgiving and fasting.

Since in the course of centuries not a few quarrels and hostilities have arisen between Christians and Moslems, this sacred synod urges all to forget the past and to work sincerely for mutual understanding and to preserve as well as to promote together for the benefit of all mankind social justice and moral welfare, as well as peace and freedom.

Declaration on the Relation of the Church to non-christian religions - Nostra Aetate

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Young Fogey & Monarchist-Distributist . . .
Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
and just because he kissed it, doesn't mean that it was incorporated into the mass.

We all make mistake sometimes; sometimes even really stupid ones. Not a one of us is exempt. :smoke:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity

They're afraid of being "intolerant;" in brief: they're acting stupid, because they're too afraid to grow a backbone and man up. They're "pc-itising" and "ecumenising" themselves out of Christianity. It is nothing new; it happens to all sects that break away from the Barque of Blessed St Peter, eventually.

Look at the ELCA and the Church of England*: they're so "relevant," "liberal," and "tolerant" that no-one takes them seriously anymore. Most don't even bother; yet, THAT is what Liberal clerics and laity want the Catholic Church to become a super-tolerant and super-relevant house.

A house, that becomes so "in tune" and "inclusive" that most don't see any difference between the World and the Liberalism the Sect promotes; hence, they no longer see a reason to be apart of something that essentially includes an "I'm okay, You're okay" and "Everyone goes to Heaven"-type attitude. ----They figure, as one most likely would, "Why Bother?! It's not like not being a Christian is going to "hurt" me anyway . . ."

(*excluding the more "conservative" Anglican elements)

Upvote 0

Virgil the Roman

Jan 14, 2006
Kentucky
✟64,604.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Moslems will only see this as a mechanism from which they can draw folks to Islam. It's funny; no real moslem would participate in this. Yet, I am willing to bet that quite a few so-called "Christians" are. The Christians will "compromise" and "tolerate" for the sake of being "inclusive with" and establishing "dialogue" with the Moslems; the Moslems would never budge. They sooner see all the Chrislamists sleep-walk and inch their way into Islam; which is the only thing this sect/"movement" will accomplish. It's pure Apostasy.

Upvote 0

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I mean the Jews, Muslims, and Christians did worship peacefully together for a while in the Holy Land. Things got violent 1. when Christians, coming from Christianized Europe, who had not been exposed to Islam, visited the Holy Land and 2. when Muslims started using their swords. It is possible for the religions to live side by side, but that doesn't make them reconcilable to each other by doctrine.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Moslems will only see this as a mechanism from which they can draw folks to Islam. It's funny; no real moslem would participate in this. Yet, I am willing to bet that quite a few so-called "Christians" are. The Christians will "compromise" and "tolerate" for the sake of being "inclusive with" and establishing "dialogue" with the Moslems; the Moslems would never budge. They sooner see all the Chrislamists sleep-walk and inch their way into Islam; which is the only thing this sect/"movement" will accomplish. It's pure Apostasy.
In the meantime the Christians think they will be leading Muslims to Christ. A house divided cannot stand.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,667,874.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
You know all this is is the trend of mixing religions.

I'm sure you've all heard of wiccan christians.

The list goes on...hindu, sikh, buddhism, etc.

It's just fashioning God & faith to suit or fit in.

Upvote 0

Vendetta

Convert to the RCC
Nov 4, 2008
Michigan
✟16,831.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You know all this is is the trend of mixing religions.

I'm sure you've all heard of wiccan christians.

The list goes on...hindu, sikh, buddhism, etc.

It's just fashioning God & faith to suit or fit in.

Yeah but there's nothing new under the sun. People have always taken elements of different religions and mixed them. That's why folklore exists.

Saint Guinefort - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Upvote 0