• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Choosing a Name for this forum

Discussion in 'MILLENNIALS (1981 to 1998)' started by Grumman Tomcat, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter

+6,455
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    As promised the changes to the life stages have now come into effect. This is now the forum for people born between 1981 and 1996

The purpose of this thread is to possibly pick a better name for this forum other than Millennials unless the participants like that name.

1. MILLENNIALS (1981 to 1996)

2. Gen Y (1981 to 1996)

3. Mayim's Domain (1981 to 1996)

Be free to add other suggestions. When there are enough I will create a poll. The winning name will become the name of the forum.

Last edited: May 5, 2020
    We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Angeldove97

Angeldove97 In the Lord, my labor is not in vain Supporter

+2,024
    United States
    Traditional. Cath.
    Married
    US-Others
    Some of us (me) find it very distasteful to be called a millennial. :(

3. George95

George95 CF Tech Master Staff Member Red Team - Moderator Supporter

+885
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    I think it would be good to put it to a vote since the term millennial doesn’t vibe for everyone.

4. Grumman Tomcat

Grumman Tomcat The LORD is my Pilot Staff Member Administrator CF Staff Trainer Supporter

+6,455
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Be free to suggest names that you would like to call this forum.

5. George95

+885
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    Could follow the format of the other forums and call this one "GEN Y".

6. מים

מים Branch Theory Proponent

+18
    United States
    United Methodist
    Married
    Now from what I see there's no rules on what it should be called, so how about mayim's domain? :)

7. Grumman Tomcat

+6,455
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    You are exactly correct. There are no rules stating which name you should submit. Put whatever name you would like to see on the list. :)

Just don't submit anything vulgar or anti-Christian.

8. George95

+885
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    What's the back story on that name?

9. מים

מים Branch Theory Proponent

+18
    United States
    United Methodist
    Married
    The backstory sadly isn't as interesting as my usual names. I was learning Hebrew on Duolingo a few weeks ago and it was the first thing that came to mind. I didn't want to use a usual name to prevent any kind of doxing.

I guess perhaps there's a hidden meaning I didn't consider, since a want for an infant baptism was the impetus for my jump from being in the SBC to being a Methodist.

10. George95

+885
    United States
    Eastern Orthodox
    Private
    What does Mayim mean?

11. Grumman Tomcat

+6,455
    United States
    Calvinist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Mayim is a Hebrew name that means 'water'.