Repentance works.
Jan 8, 2011
Near the flying spaghetti monster
✟57,848.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

I still havent seen anyone quote the comments by Dan Cathy that are anti-gay and which hate groups does his company support and show proof that they are hate groups.
Hate groups? I thought they were anti-gay groups :)

Upvote 0

Tomas de Torquemada

Jul 3, 2012
✟600.00
Faith
Catholic
I really don't have a problem with any of the Massachusets stuff. I applaud the pamphlet that uses the vernacular of the day to briefly explain the risks in risky activities.

I think when you start passing out pamphlets debating the merits of peeing on other peoples faces or licking their buttholes... I think that is the time for a society to take a step back and say "hey, does all this seem remotely normal to you? Like, maybe there is something mentally adrift about these people?"

Upvote 0

StThomasMore

Christian Democrat
Feb 27, 2011
✟17,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
No. I'm not joking... the wondeful teamsters was the mob.

No, they were infiltrated by the mob during a time when the mob had controlled a huge amount of the private sector market. Guilty by association isn't a good premise to use(does Nixon make all republicans look like fiscal failures?)

But to accuse all Labor Unions as the mob is just stupidity beyond an unimaginable degree and extremely offensive to families who worked in the union. Not to mention the things they fought for that you take for granted everyday. Most from your generation didn't really have to work 70 hours a week in bad and unhealthy work conditions though, which is why you probably don't understand the importance of collective bargaining. But I can almost guarantee that a pre-union workplace in the US, you would be crying to mommy at the end of your 70 hour week, 4$/hr job, with no Sunday off to be able to go to Mass. And like I said earlier, if you had any debt, you would be in prison right now since it was unions who abolished prison for debt.

I sure don't wanna work in a society were workers are mince meat sheeple for corporations and where capital is put as more valuable than the human beings who make the capital.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CTBill

Aug 5, 2012
✟15,131.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
The first thing we have to understand is that there is no "gay agenda." If wanting to not be bullied in school, being able to love who you love without reproach, and then be able to marry who you want to marry is a "gay agenda" then I suppose we are all trying to forward a gay agenda for ourselves.

Reactions: MoreCoffee
Upvote 0

CTBill

Aug 5, 2012
✟15,131.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Crime familes... Dem. Party... what's the difference.

The whole concept is so silly, when you talk this party is this and this party is that. Whenever you stop focusing on the issues and start slinging, you know you don't have any arguments to win on the issues--as if it were a win/loss game. The two parties have completely different viewpoints. If you think one is right, vote that way. If you think the other is right, vote that way. But shooting baseless claims and trying to just come up with the most "witty" response, whether you've thought it out or not, is not going to save this world from us. I choose Democrat because I have to choose one of the two, and I believe that party is closer to the Christ-like compassion I try to exude, but make no mistake, neither is very Christian.

Upvote 0

Tomas de Torquemada

Jul 3, 2012
✟600.00
Faith
Catholic
The first thing we have to understand is that there is no "gay agenda." If wanting to not be bullied in school, being able to love who you love without reproach, and then be able to marry who you want to marry is a "gay agenda" then I suppose we are all trying to forward a gay agenda for ourselves.

Ah, how fondly I look back on the ancient bygone days of the 90's, when people could talk about bullying without it being a codeword for homosexualist indoctrination.

Upvote 0

StThomasMore

Christian Democrat
Feb 27, 2011
✟17,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I think when you start passing out pamphlets debating the merits of peeing on other peoples faces or licking their buttholes... I think that is the time for a society to take a step back and say "hey, does all this seem remotely normal to you? Like, maybe there is something mentally adrift about these people?"

who wrote that thing anyway? Please don't tell me it was funded by the county or state.

Upvote 0

StThomasMore

Christian Democrat
Feb 27, 2011
✟17,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
nvm, I unfortunately found out

"It was written by the Boston-based AIDS Action Committee, with help with the Massachusetts Department of Public Health and the Boston Public Health Commission."

Inside the GLSEN Conference 2005, Brookline High

The following gave financial support to the AIDS Action Committee, which wrote and produced the "Little Black Book -- Queer in the 21st Century" and distributed it to children [source: AIDS Action Committee website]:

• American Cancer Society
  • American Diabetes Association
  • Ben and Jerry's
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Mass.
  • Boston Public Health Commission
  • Citizens Bank Foundatio
  • Eaton Vance Managed Investments
  • Enterprise Rent-A-Car
  • Harvard Medical School
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Ira Motor Group
  • Jesuit Urban Center
  • Liberty Travel
  • Mayor & Mrs. Thomas Menino
  • Massachusetts Institute of Technology
  • Partners HealthCare
  • Pioneer Investments
  • Regis College
  • Shreve, Crump & Low
  • Tufts Health Plan
  • Tufts Univ. School of Dental Medicine
  • Tufts Univ. School of Medicine
  • United Liquors
  • United Way (ANOTHER reason not to donate to them!)
  • WCVB TV - Channel 5
  • WFNX
  • Whole Foods Market

Jesuit Urban Center? Please don't tell me this is a Catholic group

Upvote 0

CTBill

Aug 5, 2012
✟15,131.00
Faith
United Ch. of Christ
Marital Status
Married
Ah, how fondly I look back on the ancient bygone days of the 90's, when people could talk about bullying without it being a codeword for homosexualist indoctrination.

Homosexualist indoctrination? Seriously. So you don't have a problem with kids beating up the gay kid in school, calling him names every day, and ruining his psyche? I don't want ANY student to be bullied, gay or straight. I'm a teacher by the way who supports the Gay/Straight Alliance while also running the Bible Club. You just always have to remember that God sees everything. Can you seriously tell me that the God that Jesus gave us a glimpse of would be cheering on people as they harass gay teens, and sometimes lead them to suicide. You really think that the Jesus that sat on a cross asking God to forgive the people that killed and tortured him would sit there smiling at homosexual hatred and bigotry? I imagine that God embraces homosexuality. I imagine that God forgives and is broken hearted about the kids that do the bullying. Even if you think homosexuality is a sin, do you really think that it's okay to bully and torment all sinners. Are you ready to cast the first stone? We all have our crosses to bare. Compassion is the only answer.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Needing_Grace

Chief of Sinners
May 8, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
✟11,799.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Tomas de Torquemada said:

Yes, cause every single gay person does those things and no straight person ever does. BTW, be careful, some are offended in the extreme by such "graphic" descriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using CF

Upvote 0

Tomas de Torquemada

Jul 3, 2012
✟600.00
Faith
Catholic
Yes, cause every single gay person does those things and no straight person ever does. BTW, be careful, some are offended in the extreme by such "graphic" descriptions.

Sent from my iPhone using CF

well, that is what massachusetts is handing out to its students... so I do hope they dole out their offense with equanimity towards everyone who is producing such things.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Tomas de Torquemada

Jul 3, 2012
✟600.00
Faith
Catholic
Homosexualist indoctrination? Seriously. So you don't have a problem with kids beating up the gay kid in school, calling him names every day, and ruining his psyche? I don't want ANY student to be bullied, gay or straight. I'm a teacher by the way who supports the Gay/Straight Alliance while also running the Bible Club. You just always have to remember that God sees everything. Can you seriously tell me that the God that Jesus gave us a glimpse of would be cheering on people as they harass gay teens, and sometimes lead them to suicide. You really think that the Jesus that sat on a cross asking God to forgive the people that killed and tortured him would sit there smiling at homosexual hatred and bigotry? I imagine that God embraces homosexuality. I imagine that God forgives and is broken hearted about the kids that do the bullying. Even if you think homosexuality is a sin, do you really think that it's okay to bully and torment all sinners. Are you ready to cast the first stone? We all have our crosses to bare. Compassion is the only answer.

I think where the rubber hits the road, it plays out as homosexual license and promotion. I'm reminded of this instance in particular:

link

where a gay kid was acting wildly inappropriately, but school officials were unable to properly discipline him out of fear that Big Sodomy would get litigious and ream them out. The homosexual kid ended up bullying a kid from a messed up broken home and got himself shot. The aspects of the gay personality should not get special protection in schools.

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

They weren't debating the merits of the sexual practices discussed, they were explaining the risks and how they could be reduced. The only people I know who partake in the activities you described are heterosexual...although I gotta admit I only know a couple of homosexuals well. In my mid-1990s high school sex-Ed class, all of the activities mentioned in the flyer were discussed.

Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Jesuit Urban Center? Please don't tell me this is a Catholic group

Yeah, we've had a lot of problems with the Jesuits. (It's one of our most liberal orders. And yet there *are* a few good Jesuits around--Fr. Mitch Pacwa, of EWTN fame is one.) And we've even found that one of our appeals was going to Acorn--once word got out we stopped it. Trouble is that more and more of our Catholic funds are going to support things that no Catholic should be support. It's often due to the fact that we really aren't aware.

Upvote 0

StThomasMore

Christian Democrat
Feb 27, 2011
✟17,251.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Corruption? Not really caring about folks? Cronyism?

All areas of the public and private sectors have cronyism and corruption. And its a hellva lot more prevalent among the bankers and wall street than the Unions. And nearly all of the big corporations do some form of lobbying. This is just association fallacy and can be applied to nearly all things.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.