Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
And Governor Huckabee has asked all who are "God fearing and family oriented" to show their support for the family values Chik-Fil-A by going there Wednesday, August 1st. Said he has it on his Facebook page and there's a lot of support.

Mike Huckabee Calls for Chick-Fil-A Day - ABC News

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
What a nice sweeping generalization. You must be proud.

I wouldn't say I'm proud to have discriminating tastes, as much as I'm glad that I have discriminating tastes. I understand that lots of people like throwaway consumer goods and mass-produced foods. I'm happy for them, and I'm happy not to be one of them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
This actually makes me want to rapidly increase my patronage of chick Fil A! Yay!! :)

Do it! Show those libs and health advocates and people who enjoy good meals! They'll see what fools they've been!!

Upvote 0

Athanasias

Jan 24, 2008
St. Louis
✟54,560.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Do it! Show those libs and health advocates and people who enjoy good meals! They'll see what fools they've been!!

LOL I actually will! I already love thier food and now I am proud of them for standing up for Christian truth and morality in modern sodom. Yay!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
F

FrancesJames09

Ah, well too bad Chick-fil-a did that. I won't be eating there anymore, that's for sure. I'm glad to hear that Lisa Henson, the CEO of the company, directed them to give the money they got from Chick-fil-a to GLAAD (Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation). Nice to see that Chick-fil-a's money at least went to something that will promote the common good.

Upvote 0
F

FrancesJames09

I guess it's OK for companies to be against traditional marriage than to be for it.

You can be in favour of traditional marriage--between a man and a woman--and be in favour of gay marriage, too. I'm a supporter of both: without the traditional kind I never would have been born. It isn't that they're for traditional marriage, it's that they're against gay marriage.

Upvote 0

Sumwear

Jul 23, 2012
✟4,400.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
You can be in favour of traditional marriage--between a man and a woman--and be in favour of gay marriage, too. I'm a supporter of both: without the traditional kind I never would have been born. It isn't that they're for traditional marriage, it's that they're against gay marriage.

Wait, I thought same sex marriages were forbidden in catholicism or am I missing something?

Upvote 0
F

FrancesJames09

Wait, I thought same sex marriages were forbidden in catholicism or am I missing something?

The official Church teaching is the homosexuality is sinful and that the only valid form of marriage is between a man and a woman.

This, however, does not stop other Catholics from having differing opinions on the matter. Most in my parish, for example, are in favour of gay marriage.

Now I want to be clear, my opinion and those of the members of my parish do not reflect the Church's official stance.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.