Charles Stanley promotes Sabbath keeping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob S

Site Supporter
Dec 5, 2015
Union County, TN
✟662,823.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think you are getting your posts mixed up between morality and ritual. You said......

I said was saying all of God's 10 commandments are moral........ Re-post
You mean as compared to being immoral then yes you are correct. I believe you are the one who came on here and broke the Torah into ceremonial, health, civil laws. Now you claim you can't understand why I break Sabbath down as being a ritual law . Come on LGW please don't act like this.

Now if the 4th commandment is one of the 10. Where does it say in God's Word that we no longer need to keep it a holy day as a memorial of creation as God has commanded us? If you keep Sunday in place of God's Sabbath where has God asked you to do this in His Word? If there is no scripture for disregarding God's Law than should we not follow the Word of God over the traditions of man? Where is your scripture? You haven't provided any as yet saying that God's Law (10 commandments) is done away with. Yet you have been provided pages of scripture saying that God's Law is forever..... Now Israel?
Col2:16-17' 2Cor3:7-11, Gal3:19, 1Jn3:19-24, Gal 5:1-26, Gal 3:10-14, Rom 14:5, Eph2:1-18 14 For he himself is our peace, who has made the two groups one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility, 15 by setting aside in his flesh the law with its commands and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new humanity out of the two, thus making peace, 16 and in one body to reconcile both of them to God through the cross, by which he put to death their hostility. 17 He came and preached peace to you who were far away and peace to those who were near. 18 For through him we both have access to the Father by one Spirit.

If in Heb 4 the writer was referring to the weekly Sabbath he was preaching to the choir. He was preaching to Jews who kept the letter of the law concerning the Sabbath. The writer was not reestablishing a day, he was telling us we have a rest awaiting us in the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus even said to come unto Him for our rest. I rest in Jesus. You rest on a defunct day that ended at the Cross with the rest of Torah.

If we break one of God's Laws we are guilty of breaking all of them and are in danger of the judgement. In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men everywhere to repent and follow His Word.
One thing for certain I don't have to worry about breaking Sabbath because there is no law telling me that I am to observe it. That laws ended at the Cross.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
to be persecuted is no good. what good does it do for evil people to do evil to me? but to be persecuted or have division inside of your own self is not worthless because it shows you are suffering through no longer wanting to be your wretched self which is revealed when God reveals himself. why else would one fall down as dead when they see Christ? it's obvious that they can't bear with the holy commandment and they fall down weak at his feet.

similar bible verses concerning spiritual life and the rewards therein:

Isa 58:13-14 (YLT)
If thou dost turn from the sabbath thy foot, Doing thine own pleasure on My holy day, And hast cried to the sabbath, `A delight,' To the holy of Jehovah, `Honoured,' And hast honoured it, without doing thine own ways, Without finding thine own pleasure, And speaking a word. Then dost thou delight thyself on Jehovah, And I have caused thee to ride on high places of earth, And have caused thee to eat the inheritance of Jacob thy father, For the mouth of Jehovah hath spoken!

Luke 10:38-42 (YLT)
And it came to pass, in their going on, that he entered into a certain village, and a certain woman, by name Martha, did receive him into her house, and she had also a sister, called Mary, who also, having seated herself beside the feet of Jesus, was hearing the word, and Martha was distracted about much serving, and having stood by him, she said, `Sir, dost thou not care that my sister left me alone to serve? say then to her, that she may partake along with me.' And Jesus answering said to her, `Martha, Martha, thou art anxious and disquieted about many things, but of one thing there is need, and Mary the good part did choose, that shall not be taken away from her.'

Heb 5:4-11 (YLT)
and no one to himself doth take the honour, but he who is called by God, as also Aaron: so also the Christ did not glorify himself to become chief priest, but He who spake unto him: `My Son thou art, I to-day have begotten thee;' as also in another place He saith, `Thou art a priest--to the age, according to the order of Melchisedek;' who in the days of his flesh both prayers and supplications unto Him who was able to save him from death--with strong crying and tears--having offered up, and having been heard in respect to that which he feared, through being a Son, did learn by the things which he suffered--the obedience, and having been made perfect, he did become to all those obeying him a cause of salvation age-during, having been addressed by God a chief priest, according to the order of Melchisedek, concerning whom we have much discourse and of hard explanation to say, since ye have become dull of hearing,

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
BobRyan said:
The tiny fraction of a fraction of one sentence ...

Reminds me of a mustard seed, or the word God.

Its text book eisegesis.

Here is the more full "in context" reference -- as noted earlier

=================================

Jesus said "Take no thought what ye shall eat..."

The tiny fraction of a fraction of one sentence that you quote from Matthew 10 to argue "no effort" is eisegesis -- but the full quote would have been exegesis.

"Take no thought.. make no effort" doctrine fails to survive Matthew 10.

Matthew 10 looks at the most extreme case when being killed for Christ seems to be the only option. Christ speaks of the most extreme anguish the most extreme test the most extreme effort to obey that can be placed upon a human.

Matthew 10
27 “Whatever I tell you in the dark, speak in the light; and what you hear in the ear, preach on the housetops. 28 And do not fear those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell. 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a copper coin? And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father’s will. 30 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

32 “Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in heaven. 33 But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before My Father who is in heaven.

34 “Do not think that I came to bring peace on earth. I did not come to bring peace but a sword. 35 For I have come to ‘set a man against his father, a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law’; 36 and ‘a man’s enemies will be those of his own household.’ 37 He who loves father or mother more than Me is not worthy of Me. And he who loves son or daughter more than Me is not worthy of Me. 38 And he who does not take his cross and follow after Me is not worthy of Me. 39 He who finds his life will lose it, and he who loses his life for My sake will find it.

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
LoveGodsWord said: Now if the 4th commandment is one of the 10. Where does it say in God's Word that we no longer need to keep it a holy day as a memorial of creation as God has commanded us? Bob S. replied: Col2:16-17' 2Cor3:7-11, Gal3:19, 1Jn3:19-24, Gal 5:1-26, Gal 3:10-14, Rom 14:5, Eph2:1-18 14

Yet none of these scriptures you provide tell us that God's Sabbath day is abolished and that God no longer commands us to keep the 7th Day of the week as a Holy day according to the commandment.

It is hard to kick against the pricks. We are kind of going around in circles (scriptures from posts linked)

Col2:16-17' = Ceremonial laws of Moses pointing to Jesus

2Cor3:7-11 = Purpose of God's Law and the Spirit

Gal3:19 = Role of God's Law to reveal sin and bring us to Jesus to cleanse us from sin so we are no longer condemned as sinners and guilty under by the Law (Galatians 3:24-25)

1Jn3:19-24, = Your Chapter context is missing, 1 John 3:3-16

Gal 5:1-26, = Ceremonial laws of Moses and circumcision is not God's Law (10 commandments)

Gal 3:10-14, = No one is telling you that your salvation is in trying to keep God's Law so not relevant

Rom 14:5, = Talking about the ceremonial laws of Moses and feast days fulfilled in Christ not relevant.

Eph2:1-18 14 = laws contained in ordinances (dogma) = ceremonial laws of Moses

If there is no scripture in God's Word that says the 4th commandment is abolished and we no longer need to keep the 7th Day Holy to God as he commanded us to (Exodus 20:8-11; James 2:8-12) We should obey God rather than man.
If in Heb 4 the writer was referring to the weekly Sabbath he was preaching to the choir. He was preaching to Jews who kept the letter of the law concerning the Sabbath. The writer was not reestablishing a day, he was telling us we have a rest awaiting us in the person of Jesus Christ. Jesus even said to come unto Him for our rest. I rest in Jesus. You rest on a defunct day that ended at the Cross with the rest of Torah.
Yet Hebrews 4 is referring to God's Sabbath indeed and providing lesson on why his people could not enter into His rest because of their unbelief in His Word. There is no rest for those that disobey God and do not believe His Word. This is the lesson of Hebrews 4. If we do not believe God's Word and follow him, just like those in the wilderness we will be lost in our sins because of unbelief.

It is true the ceremonial laws of Moses were shadows of things to come and temporary. You mix this up with God's Law (10 commandments) which the Word says are forever and the very standard in the Old and New Covenants and the judgement to come...

GOD’S LAW IS FOREVER
The Law of God (10 commandments) is the work of God (Ex 32:16) whatsoever God does is forever nothing can be added to it or taken away (Ecc 3:14). God's Law is perfect converting the soul (Ps 19:7). It is the very foundation of the Old and New Covenants and the Judgement to come (Ex 20:1:17, Heb 8:10-12; Exe 36:26-27; Jer 31:33-34). God's Law was spoken by God himself to His people (Ex 20:1-22). God’s 10 commandments are the spoken word of God (Ex 20:1-22). God’s Word does not pass away (Matt 25:35). Gods Law is still in force today (Ps 111:7-8, Rev 12:17, 14:12, 22:14, 1John 3:5-8, 1John 2:3-4; James 2:8-12 etc.). God’s Law reveals sin to us and the penalty of sin so we can see ourselves as we truly are sinners in need of a Saviour (Rom 6:23; Rom 3:20; 1John 3:4). It is the great standard of the judgement (Heb 10:26-28; Rom 1:29-32;2:-9;2Cor 5:10; Heb 9:27; Ecc 12:13-14, James 2:10-12, 1John 3:4, Acts 17:31). God's Law is our teacher revealing sin and brings us to Christ at the foot of the cross that we might be saved by faith by Him who loves us and washed us in His own blood as we have faith (Gal 3:24; Rev 1:5). God writes His Law in our hearts so that we become like him and we follow him because we love him (Heb 8:10-12) LOVE is the fulfilling (doing) of God's Law (Rom 13:10). This is why Jesus says to those that love him If you love me keep my commandments (John 14:15).
One thing for certain I don't have to worry about breaking Sabbath because there is no law telling me that I am to observe it. That laws ended at the Cross.
The only certainty we have is in believing and trusting God's Word for our salvation. If we do not believe God's Word it will indeed judge us in the last days (John 12:47-48). If we knowingly break one of God's Laws (10 commandments) we are guilty of sinning before God of breaking all of them (James 2:8-12) and are indeed in danger of the judgements of God. The 7th Day Sabbath is one of the 10 (Exodus 20: 1-17). In times of ignorance God winks at but now calls all men everywhere to repent for the Kingdom of Heaven is at Hand. Fear God and give glory to him for the hour of his judgement has come and worship him that made the heavens and the earth and the sea, and the fountains of waters....

May God bless you as you seek him before it is too late...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BobRyan

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Nov 21, 2008
Georgia
✟912,457.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married

You have free will ... you can continue to "quote you" on that point all you wish. I am not saying you can't keep doing that.

Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,506,548.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
red-strawberry-hat-wool-beret-girls-winter-wear20667.jpg

MOD HAT ON
This thread will remain closed for repeated violations of the flaming and goading rule.
MOD HAT OFF

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.