the village i--o--t--
Aug 31, 2012
✟301,380.00
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Single
Diets of centenarians:

One group on lifetime Mediterranean diet because they literally lived on a Mediterranean island.

The other group on omnivorous but bigger portion of veggies. Otherwise, NOT on any weight-losing diet. NONE on fad diets. They simply ate regular or local foods.

Generally less red meat, although pork seem OK. Otherwise fish is totally fine. It almost sounded like the foods I eat could potentially give me very long life. Pork/fish, some assortment of vegetables, and sometimes fruits. We rarely ate beef due to cost but it seems of all meats, beef is not as good as fish or pork to have long life.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,481,744.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Diets of centenarians:

One group on lifetime Mediterranean diet because they literally lived on a Mediterranean island.

The other group on omnivorous but bigger portion of veggies. Otherwise, NOT on any weight-losing diet. NONE on fad diets. They simply ate regular or local foods.

Generally less red meat, although pork seem OK. Otherwise fish is totally fine. It almost sounded like the foods I eat could potentially give me very long life. Pork/fish, some assortment of vegetables, and sometimes fruits. We rarely ate beef due to cost but it seems of all meats, beef is not as good as fish or pork to have long life.

There are lots of diets surrounding the Mediterranean Sea, and they're all quite different. It's been identified that the so-called "Mediterranean Diet" was invented as a specific thing by a group just to push their own dietary hypothesis. There is not, in reality, a "Mediterranean Diet."

A lot of American travelers are discovering is that merely by leaving the United States, they are able to get control of their weight without consciously managing their diets at all.

The biggest portion of the problem for Americans is food quality and lifestyle. If an American mimicked the so-called "Mediterranean Diet"--or even one of the specific diets of one of the countries around the Mediterranean Sea--but used US-sourced foodstuff and consumed that diet in typical American style, continuing to live in American style...that American would not get the same results.

Upvote 0

trophy33

Nov 18, 2018
N/A
✟152,257.00
Country
Czech Republic
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Diets of centenarians:

These are all just "scientific" fantasies, basically. In such studies, you cannot effectively isolate specific foods or what really causes the longevity. Unlimited amount of butterfly effects exists in such uncontrolled lifestyles which makes them to be chaotic systems with unusable data.

Instead, in the lack of randomized controlled trials, focus on the experience of clinical nutritionists or medical doctors or simply look at nutritional values of specific foods and how they correspond to human nutritional needs. Beware of the religious bias of veganism (literally), reflected even in many scientific studies or official recommendations and check the funding of various "health" organizations

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: RDKirk
Upvote 0