Ohio
✟191,697.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Hopefully someone here can help me, even though people on forums dedicated to cars aren't willing to. I drive an old Volvo, and its horn hasn't worked for as long as I've had it. I'm trying to do repairs on my own now since I end up taking it to the mechanic every three months, and now I want to deal with the horn.

I've replaced the fuse to it, and that did nothing. I believe that the problem is with the contacts, and cleaning them up should fix the issue. My problem is that no amount of tugging will get the cover (the area you press for the horn) off. Trying has just left me with raw fingers.

Any ideas on how to unstick it without giving me a new problem to fix?

ewq1938

I love you three.
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Site Supporter
Nov 5, 2011
✟916,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Also remove your horn and hook it to a batter with pos and neg wire and see if it even makes a sound. Could also use a test light and hook to the horns wires and see if it's getting power or not.

Upvote 0

Hazelelponi

:sighing:
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2018
USA
✟691,408.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Yeah- it just popped right off for them, though. Same model, a few years older.

Maybe send them a message and ask for some advice... it may just be stuck, to which perhaps some tool may be especially helpful.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Horns have an adjustment screw on them to set the actual sound of the horn, it could be screwed down where it is off.

EWQ1938 said to get another horn and try it first.

Your car should have two horns, take the other one and try it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums