United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fr. Dwight Longenecker

Canada is moving forward with the opportunity to administer “assisted dying” for the mentally ill.

This article explains the situation and, as usual, complicates the question in order to confuse people into accepting euthanasia. The usual utilitarian and sentimental argumentation is used. “Many of those who suffer from mental illness are also poor and homeless. They see no hope and long for a lethal and safe alternative.” or “This person is suffering intolerably and only longs to be in control of her final days. Why should we deny her that choice?”

See how the “choice” issue is thrown into the discussion? “Assisted dying” will be the patient’s choice, but it won’t really because their application for “assisted dying” will have to be approved by a panel of “experts”.

What is so chilling about this article is its intentional use of euphemisms. Doctor so and so didn’t kill the patient. He “assisted their dying.” Psychiatry is such an imprecise science, and diagnosis is so often faulty and subjective that the prospect is even more disturbing. Who ways a person is mentally ill? Aren’t all of us at least a little bit crazy sometimes?

Continued below.
Canada Approves Mercy Killing for the Mentally Ill | Fr. Dwight Longenecker

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
Fr. Dwight Longenecker

Canada is moving forward with the opportunity to administer “assisted dying” for the mentally ill.

This article explains the situation and, as usual, complicates the question in order to confuse people into accepting euthanasia. The usual utilitarian and sentimental argumentation is used. “Many of those who suffer from mental illness are also poor and homeless. They see no hope and long for a lethal and safe alternative.” or “This person is suffering intolerably and only longs to be in control of her final days. Why should we deny her that choice?”

See how the “choice” issue is thrown into the discussion? “Assisted dying” will be the patient’s choice, but it won’t really because their application for “assisted dying” will have to be approved by a panel of “experts”.

What is so chilling about this article is its intentional use of euphemisms. Doctor so and so didn’t kill the patient. He “assisted their dying.” Psychiatry is such an imprecise science, and diagnosis is so often faulty and subjective that the prospect is even more disturbing. Who ways a person is mentally ill? Aren’t all of us at least a little bit crazy sometimes?

Continued below.

Upvote 0

pdudgeon

Traditional Catholic
Site Supporter
In Memory Of
Aug 4, 2005
South East Virginia, US
✟493,233.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Republican
I am very sorry to see this happening!
1.It is not right.
2. It doesn't honor God..
3. It pre-empts God's right over both Life and Death.
4. It only complicates the situation.
5. This action of the government only draws into the crime ( for that's what it is) otherwise innocent medical people who are supposed to be healing patients.
This is absolutely wrong!

Upvote 0

SavedByGrace3

Jesus is Lord of ALL! (Not asking permission)
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2002
Midlands
Visit site
✟563,181.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I have nothing other than a 68-year-long observation of human nature, writing, and "modern" logic to go by on this.
I suspect that the day will come when the elderly will be encouraged to "pass on" from this life. Perhaps a little more than "encouraged."
We are such a drain you know.

Upvote 0

chevyontheriver

Site Supporter
Sep 29, 2015
Flyoverland
✟1,237,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-American-Solidarity
Proving more and more everyday the secular world has a totally perverted understanding of divine concepts like justice and mercy.
Hey, I'm a little down today. Perhaps I should stop by the clinic and have myself offed.

• Haha
Reactions: WarriorAngel
Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Fr. Dwight Longenecker

Continued below.
:eek::dizzy::dizzy::dizzy:

Dangerous territory.
Anyone deemed unwanted could fall into the cracks of this 'judgment'.

Upvote 0

WarriorAngel

I close my eyes and see you smile
Site Supporter
Apr 11, 2005
United States Pennsylvania
Visit site
✟440,057.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Hey, I'm a little down today. Perhaps I should stop by the clinic and have myself offed.
Kinda funny, but sadly looking that way.

Mental illness, tbh is in every human. After all, we're all fallen with imperfect parents and lives.
So who is the judge of who is to offed?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

eastcoast_bsc

Veteran
Mar 29, 2005
Boston
✟394,442.00
Faith
Christian
The latter times spoken of are upon us. We see a Quickening in debauchery and inhumanity. There will come a time when they will withhold healthcare to those who are deemed to be a drag on the bottom line.

3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4 The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5 We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,260.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have nothing other than a 68-year-long observation of human nature, writing, and "modern" logic to go by on this.
I suspect that the day will come when the elderly will be encouraged to "pass on" from this life. Perhaps a little more than "encouraged."
We are such a drain you know.
Yes... the health of a society is measured by how well they care for the elderly and the pre-born.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums