Surprise: People With Gender Dysphoria Are Mentally Ill, and Remain So After Transition

Michie

Site Supporter
Feb 5, 2002
Woods
✟4,677,288.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
A study out of Finland tells us what every sane person already knows: gender dysphoria is not only a symptom of mental illness, but medical treatment for gender dysphoria doesn’t cure that mental illness or provide relief from its symptoms.

The study out of Finland was published in the journal European Psychiatry, published by Cambridge University Press.

One of the slanders aimed at critics of gender ideology is that we are indifferent to the pain of gender-confused children. Nothing could be further from the truth: our argument is actually that the medical transition of these kids compounds the harm that already exists.

The proper treatment for mental illness is not to break out the hormones and scalpels but rather to treat the underlying cause of gender dysphoria, which has its origins in psychiatric dysfunction.

Continued below.

Wolseley

Beaucoup-Diên-Cai-Dāu
Feb 5, 2002
By the shores of Gitchee-Goomee
✟277,215.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I've been saying this for years, but I gave up trying to convince the victims of Woke Virus that I had a valid point.

50 years ago, if the guy living down the street decided that he was actually Napoleon Bonaparte, and demanded that the entire world acknowledge that "reality" and treat him as such, nobody would have pandered to his delusion; they would have concluded that he was off his rocker and packed him away into psychiatric hospital.

But today? Today, a biological male decides he is actually a female (or vice-versa) and demands that the entire world acknowledge that "reality" and treat him as such, the Woke Left demands that everybody must pander to his delusion; if you don't, then you're a racist hate-filled white supremacist sexist bigot who hates hamsters and fluffy kitties and probably voted for Donald Trump, making you the worst scum on the surface of this planet.

I used to get really upset by stuff like this. Now that I know there's no hope, however, and recognize that this country and the West are going to cease to exist within the next five years or so, I feel much better. :)

Upvote 0

Sword of the Lord

In need of a physician.
Dec 29, 2012
Not in Heaven yet
✟145,684.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Engaged
I've been saying this for years, but I gave up trying to convince the victims of Woke Virus that I had a valid point.

50 years ago, if the guy living down the street decided that he was actually Napoleon Bonaparte, and demanded that the entire world acknowledge that "reality" and treat him as such, nobody would have pandered to his delusion; they would have concluded that he was off his rocker and packed him away into psychiatric hospital.

But today? Today, a biological male decides he is actually a female (or vice-versa) and demands that the entire world acknowledge that "reality" and treat him as such, the Woke Left demands that everybody must pander to his delusion; if you don't, then you're a racist hate-filled white supremacist sexist bigot who hates hamsters and fluffy kitties and probably voted for Donald Trump, making you the worst scum on the surface of this planet.

I used to get really upset by stuff like this. Now that I know there's no hope, however, and recognize that this country and the West are going to cease to exist within the next five years or so, I feel much better. :)
Totally agree with you on this deluded crap, but I will say that locking people up in insane asylums is gross in the vast majority of the cases and should have never been part of our history nor should it be again.

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0