British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
At the G8 summit in France this last week I believe it was assumed that all would agree to Obama's suggestion to require Israel to return to its pre 1967 borders in order to re negotiate a peace deal there. Canada alone of all nations represented managed to keep this out of the joint statement resulting from the conference. I don't know about you but this suggestion is beyond ridiculous ill advised and doomed to fail. I submitted these comments in response to a CTV's article concerning this event Harper, Netanyahu did not discuss 1967 borders: PMO - CTV News Not sure if they will be published in the comment section or not as many are very negative against Israel.

For the most part the west has its head in the sand concerning what will truly bring peace in the Middle East. The pre-1967 borders are indefensible that is obvious. The idea of a demilitarized Palestinian state is a pipe dream although not as vocal as Hamas most there hate Israel, teach hate to their children and desire to see it eliminated as well. Demilitarized??? It will NEVER happen and as far as Gaza goes they only want to see Israel wiped out and make no bones about it. Why do we always demonize the Jewish people, look at a map and see what a tiny speck of land it is. It is the only democratic state in a sea of dictatorship. Israel has taken in refugees and is trying building a wonderful country that although most do not realize this includes naturalized Palestinians. So why do we bow to the dictates of the huge bloc of the Arab nations surrounding it calling for greater and greater sanctions. It was they who initiated an unprovoked attack in 1967. They gambled the land and lost it. They also later attacked in 1973. The war began when the coalition launched a joint surprise attack on Israel on Yom Kippur, the holiest day in Judaism. They have continue with unprovoked intifada attacks requiring extraordinary security measures to be put in place by Israel that limits their carnage. So in a sense they are losing that one too. Now they are whining to the international community. If this kind aggression happened between two children on the playground guess who would be suspended. I say get over it. And get on with helping your own people develop and grow and quit blaming Israel.
GG

Yitzchak

יצחק
Jun 25, 2003
Visit site
✟26,333.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Canada, who would have thunk it? I guess we can thank Harper for that. Good letter gg.

Peace...

Harper is a Christian and he takes the stand he does because of his Christian faith.

Unfortunately President Obama is a fake Christian.

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Good on Canada. Or in the phraseology of the Bible, I will bless them that bless thee. Canada has taken some inspiring steps of late. At this point she can teach many in the US a few things.

Upvote 0

Biblicist

Full Gospel believer
Mar 27, 2011
Melbourne, Australia
✟51,094.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Obama did not actually state that the borders had to exactly return to the pre-1967 border or at least he qualified it later by saying that changes or alterations could be agreed on by both parties.
This is my view was a brilliant piece of brinkmanship by Obama as even I could agree with his position providing that not more than a Kilometre or two was given up by Israel.

My question is what does his position really mean? Will they be able to spend a few more decades working out an agreeable border or at least spend some time on it until everyone realises that there is no value in doing so or until everyone forgets about the idea and decides to try something else that is just as unworkable as his current idea is.

Upvote 0

gratefulgrace

Contributor
Jul 26, 2006
British Columbia
✟32,492.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Conservatives
It is right to try to come to some agreement and I know that Israel does want peace asthey have negotiated in good faith over the years. But I believe now they are wavering and ready to give up as whatever they have conceded is NEVER enough. Arafat was shown to be a wolf who had no real peaceful goal in mind. And Abbas was his right hand man in those years. So can a camel change his spots. I don't think so. Video Please pray for Stephen Harper as he is coming under criticism for his stand. When it comes to Israel the world is severely divided.
My sisters doctoral thesis is child abuse in the PA. Based on all the anti Jewish brainwashing and hatred and sucide ideology being fed them from the womb. Watch some of the videos released by Palestinian watch About Us | Palestinian Media Watch it will make you ill. I feel so sorry for these poor souls. gg

Upvote 0

paul1149

that your faith might rest in the power of God
Site Supporter
Mar 22, 2011
NY
✟674,964.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Obama's formulation was sly, as he added unnamed negotiations to the use of the '67 borders as a basis for a settlement, as a vague fudge factor to cover himself. But the bottom line is that he is continuing to pressure the Israelis to make peace with a people viciously committed to her destruction. The '67 borders would reduce Israel to a nine mile girth at one point, which not only is indefensible in war time, it is an optimal inroad for launching Arab missiles to all parts of the nation, including population centers. Obama has a history of anti-Israelism. He's toned it down for public consumption, but similar to his recent private commitment to implementing "stealth" gun control, I believe he merely has learned that it's more effective to be subtle - it allows you to pursue your goal in plain sight (under cover of an adoring, sycophantic media with its own leftist leanings).

The Israelis seem to understand this, as Obama is not popular there. But Jews in America are of a different breed - JINOs, if you will, and continue to support politicians and programs that are irreconcilable to moral decency and their own survival.

I have to give Bibi credit for the way he took down Obama. He did it more than respectfully, he actually did it deferentially. But he did it to his face, and there was no doubt that Obama got taken to school, publicly. Israel is our surrogate in the clash of civilization against barbarism, and I am grateful that Bibi is in charge at this point. Imagine a weak Israeli leader in tandem with Obama, and what devastation that would bring.

With America abdicating all moral leadership, it falls to men of integrity like Harper and Bibi to step into the gap. Thank God they are; they deserve our prayers. Jews of Israel, true Christians are your best friends. We continue to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Come Lord Jesus.

Reactions: Ajax 777
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Ajax 777

God is the Truth, not an opinion.
Site Supporter
Jun 6, 2005
✟117,368.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Obama's formulation was sly, as he added unnamed negotiations to the use of the '67 borders as a basis for a settlement, as a vague fudge factor to cover himself. But the bottom line is that he is continuing to pressure the Israelis to make peace with a people viciously committed to her destruction. The '67 borders would reduce Israel to a nine mile girth at one point, which not only is indefensible in war time, it is an optimal inroad for launching Arab missiles to all parts of the nation, including population centers. Obama has a history of anti-Israelism. He's toned it down for public consumption, but similar to his recent private commitment to implementing "stealth" gun control, I believe he merely has learned that it's more effective to be subtle - it allows you to pursue your goal in plain sight (under cover of an adoring, sycophantic media with its own leftist leanings).

The Israelis seem to understand this, as Obama is not popular there. But Jews in America are of a different breed - JINOs, if you will, and continue to support politicians and programs that are irreconcilable to moral decency and their own survival.

I have to give Bibi credit for the way he took down Obama. He did it more than respectfully, he actually did it deferentially. But he did it to his face, and there was no doubt that Obama got taken to school, publicly. Israel is our surrogate in the clash of civilization against barbarism, and I am grateful that Bibi is in charge at this point. Imagine a weak Israeli leader in tandem with Obama, and what devastation that would bring.

With America abdicating all moral leadership, it falls to men of integrity like Harper and Bibi to step into the gap. Thank God they are; they deserve our prayers. Jews of Israel, true Christians are your best friends. We continue to pray for the peace of Jerusalem.

Come Lord Jesus.

I SO want to hug you right now. :clap:

Amen to this. Reps, too.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums