Jul 5, 2014
✟570,686.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Could that be said more like Trump had the audacity to do it? Jerusalem was an international city like Mecca. I think it was a direct provocation against the Islamic State. No need to add fuel to the fire when they had a large and fairly safe capital in Tel Aviv. Taking over Jerusalem, only made more martyrs line up to bomb innocents.
Well, why would all the others indicate that they were going to do it.... then never actually do it.

Whether you agree with it being there is not my point. I could have a whole list of people that take either side.

But, my point was DT said he was going to do it... and... he did it.

All the others were just talk.

Upvote 0

rturner76

Domine non-sum dignus
Site Supporter
May 10, 2011
Twin Cities
✟734,987.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Green
They were "protesting Catholic scholars" in many cases such as Wycliff, Huss, Calvin, Luther ...
I think they didn't like what they were reading so they changed it to what suited them better.
ON the contrary - the Protestant (protesting-catholic) argument was to affirm sola scriptura testing of all doctrine and practice even if they had to be killed for holding to their POV
And I'm sure that they felt righteous in their protestation of the Catholic Church Still, they adopted at least 95% of Catholic doctrine into their church's pulpit.

Upvote 0

Eschatologist

Apr 25, 2023
North Carolina
✟9,729.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Israel and the US have a very close relationship. I guess the relationship between Israel and the US is greater than Europe and the US. I think the reason why Israel and the US are pretty strongly allied has to do with 2 things: evangelicalism and money.

Evangelicalism: There are many evangelicals in the USA and it is no secret that most evangelicals are Christian Zionists. They are convinced that Israel is still the people of God and hold to the idea that whoever blesses Israel will be blessed. They are partly so radical that they see every opponent of Israel as a demon, as an enemy of God.

Money: The Israeli lobby apparently buys the favor of politicians through donations.

Where will this friendship lead? Biden said that one does not have to be a Jew to be a Zionist. The USA is ready to go far with Israel, even to the downfall. The evangelicals with their unorthodox teachings will go down with Israel.
On the one hand, I'd like us to distance ourselves from Israel. On the other hand, I'd like us to do the same with Egypt and Saudi Arabia.

As much as people point out our closeness with Israel, we are nearly as close with Saudi Arabia. And in terms of money, we throw billions at Egypt even while doing major arms deals with Israel and Saudi Arabia.

As the petrodollar dies, it removes any reasonable justification for getting involved in Middle Eastern affairs. What we should be doing instead is ramping up production of oil and gas here. We thoroughly need more refineries here, but it's a NIMBY issue, since refineries are notorious for pollution.

Upvote 0