CAN YOU HAVE GOD'S GRACE WITHOUT GOD'S LAW?

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
People often mistakenly think that who live in sandy villages cut off from the world.

Romans 13:1-7
Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment. For rulers are not a terror to good conduct, but to bad. Would you have no fear of the one who is in authority? Then do what is good, and you will receive his approval, for he is God's servant for your good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword in vain. For he is the servant of God, an avenger who carries out God's wrath on the wrongdoer. Therefore one must be in subjection, not only to avoid God's wrath but also for the sake of conscience
Speaking hypothetically. What if homosexuality is made illegal? What law will you follow then?

Reactions: LoveGodsWord
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Speaking hypothetically. What if homosexuality is made illegal? What law will you follow then?

Kind of like Jesus illegal preaching I guess. Or whatever rule he broke.
Jesus obeyed the local government. You are not thinking your stand through on the spiritual level. Jesus on the run from the authorities, still at large!

Now you are in a pickle with your saving Jesus from prosecution
and all your religious ideals. Jesus...still in hiding!

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Jesus obeyed the local government. You are not thinking your stand through on the spiritual level. Jesus on the run from the authorities, still at large!

and all your religious ideals.
What? Please just tell me what law you would follow if homosexuality is illegal?

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
But that is you saying that in your own words, as usual.
Scripture says that God's law is now local government law.

Jesus taught that here:

John 19:11
Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above.

Do you recall what happened next?
What if Jesus had run away and disobeyed the local law?
You are not thinking things through very deep.
Abortions and Same sex weddings violate the scriptures, so must obey God rather than Man! Remember what the Apostles said to the Sanhedrim when the law of the Land was to not preach Jesus as messiah?

Upvote 0

YeshuaFan

Oct 19, 2018
Macomb
✟56,324.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Kind of like Jesus illegal preaching I guess. Or whatever rule he broke.

and all your religious ideals. Jesus...still in hiding!
So you are saying the Jesus would OK abortion on demand and gay/lesbian weddings, even though he forbid that in the Bible?

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
So you've not investigated it yet, huh?

Hebrews 8:10, NIV. "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after that time, declares the Lord. I will put My laws in their minds and write them on their hearts. I will be their God, and they will be My people."
SAME RIGHTEOUS , HOLY, SET APART, YAHWEH as ALWAYS.

People held more guilty if they sin, they have no excuse. They perish now if they sin in their heart, transgressing TORAH.

You "claim", completely falsely, that they do not have to repent. Thus, there is no one nor you forgiven when there remains no repentance - only shameful GUILT.

• Agree
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
What if Jesus had run away and disobeyed the local law?
You are not thinking things through very deep.

Deep in sin like you and all who refuse to obey, who never repent ?

No - no one ought to go that way , ever. Woe to those who do. Deeper and deeper into sin, guilty with no sacrifice for sin.....

Upvote 0

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
It is God's Grace through His Son Jesus Christ of Nazareth that released us, those in the Body of Christ, from the bondage of the law. The law reveals sin.
Every free Christian is the expression of His Grace.
Galatians 4:21-26
21 Tell me, you who desire to be under the law, do you not hear the law? 22 For it is written that Abraham had two sons: the one by a bondwoman, the other by a freewoman. 23 But he who was of the bondwoman was born according to the flesh, and he of the freewoman through promise, 24 which things are symbolic. For these are the two covenants: the one from Mount Sinai which gives birth to bondage, which is Hagar— 25 for this Hagar is Mount Sinai in Arabia, and corresponds to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children— 26 but the Jerusalem above is free, which is the mother of us all.

Hello Maria

No one is saying we should use the law as a way to get rightouesness as we have none. We are only saved by GRACE through FAITH and not of ourselves it is a GIFT of GOD and not of WORKS lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8. However God's eternal LAW (10 commandments) does have a role to play in GRACE which I have highlighted in your post. God's eternal LAW (10 Commandments) has the same role it always has in both the OLD and NEW COVENANT and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

With that in mind back to the OP QUESTIONS..

WHAT PART DOES GOD'S LAW HAVE IN GRACE?

CAN WE HAVE GOD'S GRACE IN THE NC WITHOUT GOD'S LAW? (Scripture please)

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

God bless.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you are saying the Jesus would OK abortion on demand and gay/lesbian weddings, even though he forbid that in the Bible?

I'm saying that following these words from Jesus:

Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

Jesus is speaking, then living out, even to his death
on the cross
, the Trueness of the message -

God has given local government full authority to
proclaim and act out the Fathers will.
That is what Jesus is saying.

Local Government is God's will.
On all your pet peeve topics too.

If you deny the morality of local government, you deny the Father.

1 Peter 2:13-17
Titus 3:1

1 Timothy 2:1-3
Psalm 22:28
Daniel 2:20-21

Deuteronomy 16:18-20
Revelation 1:5-6
Romans 13:4
Proverbs 21:1 .
Romans 13:1-14
Luke 20:25

Jesus answered him, “You would have no authority over me at all unless it had been given you from above. Therefore he who delivered me over to you has the greater sin.”

Last edited:
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God has given local government full authority to
proclaim and act out the Fathers will.
That is what Jesus is saying.
Local Government is God's will.
On all your pet peeve topics too.
False gobblygook. ^^^^^^^^^

If you deny the morality of local government, you deny the Father.
Society is 'fathered' by hasatan. Thus if your father is their father, that is NOT GOOD !
As WRITTEN: All society is pernicious (death-dealing).

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Your false interpretation, forbidden by Yahweh, your own words, as usual.

Scripture never equated carnal , earthly, worldly government law

with TORAH (God's Perfect Law), EVER, not ever.

Perverting His Word that much trying to accomplish more sin and to get approval for more sin, perverted sin, is sin.

But that is you saying that in your own words, as usual.
Scripture says that God's law is now local government law.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,474.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hello Maria

No one is saying we should use the law as a way to get rightouesness as we have none. We are only saved by GRACE through FAITH and not of ourselves it is a GIFT of GOD and not of WORKS lest any man should boast *EPHESIANS 2:8. However God's eternal LAW (10 commandments) does have a role to play in GRACE which I have highlighted in your post. God's eternal LAW (10 Commandments) has the same role it always has in both the OLD and NEW COVENANT and that is to give us the KNOWLEDGE of GOOD and EVIL; SIN and RIGHTEOUSNESS *ROMANS 3:20; ROMANS 7:7; 1 JOHN 3:4; PSALMS 119:172.

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

God bless.
I am not SDA so we will never agree on the Sabbath meaning and observance.
Blessings

Reactions: Danthemailman
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
It is illegal in everyplace serving Yahweh and Jesus.

The minds of those corrupted by demons cannot hear the Scripture nor understand it.

As you posted a day or two ago, no one, no words, not even Jesus, can get through to one who chooses to sin so abominably - God gives them over to believe their own abominations/ delusions. The wickednesses are immeasurable , overflowing on earth !

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

LoveGodsWord

Jun 5, 2017
Queensland
Visit site
✟252,319.00
Country
Australia
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
I am not SDA so we will never agree on the Sabbath meaning and observance.
Blessings

Hi Maria, so how do this address the posts youare quoting from? I know why you do not want to answer the question and so do you. The post sent to you was...

Hello Maria

WHAT IS GRACE FOR?

You did not answer the OP questions.

God bless.

Last edited:
Upvote 0