Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Hello my dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ. As you know I am a pastor and I am hoping some other ministers will chime in here and help answer this for me.
I have been wondering if anyone else feels the bone crushing weight of spiritual warfare such as I do before something good?
I have noticed this all through my ministry, This is not something that has just started, but has been ongoing for years as I have ministered. I believe it started before the first day I ministered and has continued throughout my ministry.
Here is what happens. I have a few days of really deep body aches and horrible blah type feelings, like sadness and always after two or three days of this, "out of the blue" someone will ask me about the Lord or someone will come forward at church and I will get to see them confess Jesus Christ and immediately it's gone...
A little over a week ago, I felt just horrible, It felt like a ton of weight was on me and I was so miserable, I felt like I had lost my best friend or something. I ached everywhere and it even hurt to stand up, this was one of the tougher ones for some reason? maybe because of the people involved? IDK, But I was so crushed and my bones ached and I felt like a truck had ran over me. It seemed everything I touched broke, and every phone call was a bad call,etc.
Then the Lord used me to lead three new people to Christ over a period of two days and then all the pain, Blahess etc was gone immediately and I have been fully back to my old self again.. Just hunky dory...
This happens every single time before someone gives into the calling and now I know that when I start to feel this, That someone is going to accept Jesus. lol
Does anyone else have this? I really notice this even worse a few days before I go preach at a jail, but "only if" someone is going to accept Christ. Otherwise, Nothing.
Although I have it everywhere else too, The jails can be really rough on me as sometimes more than one person will come forward and confess Jesus as Lord and Saviour
I figure it is just warfare, but it is horrible and yet all at the same time it is so "worth it" to see people saved.
I pray and pray through these "attacks" but they will not subside until someone confess's Jesus somewhere and somehow. Then it's gone..
So what is this guys??? Does anyone else suffer this??

faroukfarouk

Fading curmudgeon
Apr 29, 2009
Canada
✟279,058.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello my dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ. As you know I am a pastor and I am hoping some other ministers will chime in here and help answer this for me.
I have been wondering if anyone else feels the bone crushing weight of spiritual warfare such as I do before something good?
I have noticed this all through my ministry, This is not something that has just started, but has been ongoing for years as I have ministered. I believe it started before the first day I ministered and has continued throughout my ministry.
Here is what happens. I have a few days of really deep body aches and horrible blah type feelings, like sadness and always after two or three days of this, "out of the blue" someone will ask me about the Lord or someone will come forward at church and I will get to see them confess Jesus Christ and immediately it's gone...
A little over a week ago, I felt just horrible, It felt like a ton of weight was on me and I was so miserable, I felt like I had lost my best friend or something. I ached everywhere and it even hurt to stand up, this was one of the tougher ones for some reason? maybe because of the people involved? IDK, But I was so crushed and my bones ached and I felt like a truck had ran over me. It seemed everything I touched broke, and every phone call was a bad call,etc.
Then the Lord used me to lead three new people to Christ over a period of two days and then all the pain, Blahess etc was gone immediately and I have been fully back to my old self again.. Just hunky dory...
This happens every single time before someone gives into the calling and now I know that when I start to feel this, That someone is going to accept Jesus. lol
Does anyone else have this? I really notice this even worse a few days before I go preach at a jail, but "only if" someone is going to accept Christ. Otherwise, Nothing.
Although I have it everywhere else too, The jails can be really rough on me as sometimes more than one person will come forward and confess Jesus as Lord and Saviour
I figure it is just warfare, but it is horrible and yet all at the same time it is so "worth it" to see people saved.
I pray and pray through these "attacks" but they will not subside until someone confess's Jesus somewhere and somehow. Then it's gone..
Ephesians 6 is a good reference point about the whole armor of God, equipping the believer for conflict in faith.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Ephesians 6 is a good reference point about the whole armor of God, equipping the believer for conflict in faith.
I read and study daily but these "feeling" are horrendous. lol

Upvote 0

Humble me Lord

Site Supporter
Apr 17, 2017
The far north icebox
✟190,331.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Brother, what a gift. To be able to know, that in a matter of days, God will put you in the right place to lead someone into his kingdom.

You know when a storm is coming, your knees ache, etc. Well, yours sounds like a "Spiritual Barometer."

Sounds like a major spiritual battle taking place, but you know the outcome, the reason behind it. What a blessing, though it probably does not seem so at the time.

Thanks for the insight, this is something I should start watching for in my own life.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hello my dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ. As you know I am a pastor and I am hoping some other ministers will chime in here and help answer this for me. I have been wondering if anyone else feels the bone crushing weight of spiritual warfare such as I do before something good? I have noticed this all through my ministry, This is not something that has just started, but has been ongoing for years as I have ministered. I believe it started before the first day I ministered and has continued throughout my ministry. Here is what happens. I have a few days of really deep body aches and horrible blah type feelings, like sadness and always after two or three days of this, "out of the blue" someone will ask me about the Lord or someone will come forward at church and I will get to see them confess Jesus Christ and immediately it's gone... A little over a week ago, I felt just horrible, It felt like a ton of weight was on me and I was so miserable, I felt like I had lost my best friend or something. I ached everywhere and it even hurt to stand up, this was one of the tougher ones for some reason? maybe because of the people involved? IDK, But I was so crushed and my bones ached and I felt like a truck had ran over me. It seemed everything I touched broke, and every phone call was a bad call,etc. Then the Lord used me to lead three new people to Christ over a period of two days and then all the pain, Blahess etc was gone immediately and I have been fully back to my old self again.. Just hunky dory... This happens every single time before someone gives into the calling and now I know that when I start to feel this, That someone is going to accept Jesus. lol
Does anyone else have this? I really notice this even worse a few days before I go preach at a jail, but "only if" someone is going to accept Christ. Otherwise, Nothing. Although I have it everywhere else too, The jails can be really rough on me as sometimes more than one person will come forward and confess Jesus as Lord and Saviour I figure it is just warfare, but it is horrible and yet all at the same time it is so "worth it" to see people saved. I pray and pray through these "attacks" but they will not subside until someone confess's Jesus somewhere and somehow. Then it's gone.. So what is this guys??? Does anyone else suffer this??

I wouldn't be able to discern those physical symptoms anymore because I wake up aching every day because of heath problems and damaging effects of diseases slowly taking a toll on my body. I have coronary heart disease and cardiomyopathy as a result which causes swelling in my body especially in my feet, making it painful just to stand, walk, even perform simple tasks. Also have degenerative spine disease and scoliosis which increasing cause back pain and neck tension/stiffness/soreness. Also have diabetes, blood pressure, cholesterol, vitamin D deficiency, and other problems on top of those already mentioned. I do get other feelings though. Every now and then though depending on the person I am around, I get a different kind of feeling, it's like an alarm in my head telling me "hey this person is bad news, steer clear" kind of thing, sometimes it happens even when the person has said few words, and it's the feeling you get when someone has insulted you greatly, except the person has not, so it's like "why am I feeling this way for no reason?" kind of thing.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I'm not a pastor but I have lead portions of church services and am on a church board. I work under a pastor. I've gone to the hospital with symptoms almost of a heart attack coming on and they never found a thing, nothing. And after there is always a God kind of revelation of some sort. Could be witnessing or it could be that I have drifted and He is reeling me back in. Could be spiritual warfare, I have witnessed demons, had visions, seen signs or wonders in these times we live in. Jesus says that those who are of Him, who really belong to Him will have attacks. He doesn't say in what form they will come. But Satan hates anyone who spreads the word of Jesus Christ. I just have to wonder why some denominations don't seem to experience this. It's the non denom born again crowd that seems to get whacked the hardest from what I can tell. Why ? I pray we don't have the wrong message ( i doubt that) !

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Brother, what a gift. To be able to know, that in a matter of days, God will put you in the right place to lead someone into his kingdom.

You know when a storm is coming, your knees ache, etc. Well, yours sounds like a "Spiritual Barometer."

Sounds like a major spiritual battle taking place, but you know the outcome, the reason behind it. What a blessing, though it probably does not seem so at the time.

Thanks for the insight, this is something I should start watching for in my own life.
Thank you my brother, It is horrible while it is happening, but I have this watched closely and can see the fruits just a few days later and I am always able to rejoice . I never thought of this as a gift, Perhaps it is, even though for a few days I am a wretched mess lol.

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Another thing I do not understand is, As far as I know and have studied, God is the only One who is omniscient, So how would evil know???
Re-read the book of Job !! It's been quite an eye opener to me.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I'm not a pastor but I have lead portions of church services and am on a church board. I work under a pastor. I've gone to the hospital with symptoms almost of a heart attack coming on and they never found a thing, nothing. And after there is always a God kind of revelation of some sort. Could be witnessing or it could be that I have drifted and He is reeling me back in. Could be spiritual warfare, I have witnessed demons, had visions, seen signs or wonders in these times we live in. Jesus says that those who are of Him, who really belong to Him will have attacks. He doesn't say in what form they will come. But Satan hates anyone who spreads the word of Jesus Christ. I just have to wonder why some denominations don't seem to experience this. It's the non denom born again crowd that seems to get whacked the hardest from what I can tell. Why ? I pray we don't have the wrong message ( i doubt that) !
I sure hope we don't have the wrong message lol..
I am a bible preacher and fully believe in what I am preaching. :]

Upvote 0

Job3315

Apr 21, 2018
United States
✟89,540.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Jennifer Eivaz mentions she gets bad headaches when she is sent to minister to other countries. I grieve a lot when God prepares me and it hurts my body and soul. A friend of mine gets debilitating bone pains when she goes on missions.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Another thing I do not understand is, As far as I know and have studied, God is the only One who is omniscient, So how would evil know???

I think it has to do with the unseen spiritual world, like the story about Jesus confronting the demon possessed man with so many spirits, the demons in the man instantly recognized Jesus as the Son of the Living God. The man himself did not know, but there was more going on in the unseen spiritual world.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
I think it has to do with the unseen spiritual world, like the story about Jesus confronting the demon possessed man with so many spirits, the demons in the man instantly recognized Jesus as the Son of the Living God. The man himself did not know, but there was more going on in the unseen spiritual world.
Yes another good point. I just know that it is horrible "oppression" the few days that I have it. This past one was really bad and lasted a whole week, but three people confessed Christ and it ended immediately so now I rejoice. It is kinda confusing but just powers and principalities that are unseen working I guess.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes another good point. I just know that it is horrible "oppression" the few days that I have it. This past one was really bad and lasted a whole week, but three people confessed Christ and it ended immediately so now I rejoice. It is kinda confusing but just powers and principalities that are unseen working I guess.

Yep, Dave nailed it in #6 with "But Satan hates anyone who spreads the word of Jesus Christ."

Mark 13:13 “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.

John 15:19 “If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Satan and his legion of demons instantly recognize the Spirit of God in a Christian without a Christian saying a word...it is alarming even shocking to us when we are hated without reason, more than the most vile of people. But consider the people when asked between Christ and Barabbas who did they want to crucify? Why would the crowd have made that choice? Thank you brother for leading me into this topic, I need reminders all the time.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Yep, Dave nailed it in #6 with "But Satan hates anyone who spreads the word of Jesus Christ."

Mark 13:13 “And you will be hated by all for My name’s sake. But he who endures to the end shall be saved.

John 15:18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you.

John 15:19 “If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

Satan and his legion of demons instantly recognize the Spirit of God in a Christian without a Christian saying a word...it is alarming even shocking to us when we are hated without reason, more than the most vile of people. But consider the people when asked between Christ and Barabbas who did they want to crucify? Why would the crowd have made that choice? Thank you brother for leading me into this topic, I need reminders all the time.
I appreciate all the answers brothers. This has helped me alot and I am sure the next attack will be met a little differently on my part as I will rejoice in advance :] Bless all of you

Upvote 0

Dave G.

May 22, 2017
Sandiwich
✟324,879.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
I sure hope we don't have the wrong message lol..
I am a bible preacher and fully believe in what I am preaching. :]
We are too and do also . In some way and somehow God is fully aware of these attacks because He is aware of everything. I have had some success in having them lifted in the name of Jesus, I've ordered the demons away form me in the name of Jesus and then requested Jesus to remove them directly after. Sometimes that works. As I said, I'm not a pastor though. But the one who is has attacks all the time in different ways than mine but at the same time. The enemy hits our weakest links. He can only hit us in the flesh, right Pastor ! He can't touch our spirit or soul, they are already won by someone else.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
We are too and do also . In some way and somehow God is fully aware of these attacks because He is aware of everything. I have had some success in having them lifted in the name of Jesus, I've ordered the demons away form me in the name of Jesus and then requested Jesus to remove them directly after. Sometimes that works. As I said, I'm not a pastor though. But the one who is has attacks all the time in different ways than mine but at the same time. The enemy hits our weakest links. He can only hit us in the flesh, right Pastor ! He can't touch our spirit or soul, they are already won by someone else.
Amen Brother, Were sold out to Jesus and ain't no devil taking that. :]

• Agree
Reactions: Dave G.
Upvote 0

Bobber

Feb 10, 2004
✟216,888.00
Faith
Non-Denom

Don't know but sounds like the spirit realm is seeing other things taking place, like maybe angels are moving and working on people to be in a certain place at a certain time. Knowing they're leading them to say your church service even a few days in the future the devil might work on you get you down. Just a theory.

Upvote 0

Southernscotty

Angels Team
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2018
Arkansas
✟504,848.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Celibate
Don't know but sounds like the spirit realm is seeing other things taking place, like maybe angels are moving and working on people to be in a certain place at a certain time. Knowing they're leading them to say your church service even a few days in the future the devil might work on you get you down. Just a theory.
Yes that is what I was thinking, He would want me to give up and just say forget it. I guess ole satan doesn't want to let go of his peeps :]

Upvote 0