East Coast
✟15,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Hopefully I am posting this in the right place. Forgive me if I'm not.

I've been thinking about my attempts of evangelism over the years and while I've never once been successful at leading someone to saving faith, I've noticed a similar theme. Every time I have convinced someone to come to church or a gospel outreach event, or anything, there is always something that comes up that either prevents them from coming or hearing the gospel.

For example. The last time I got someone to come to church, they received notice that a family member had died and had to take a phone call right as the preacher was getting to the gospel. They never came back to church. Another time, a friend of mine wanted to go, but it was a Sunday when I was scheduled to serve in the Sunday school, and since I wouldn't be there for the service, he decided not to go. Still yet, another time I convinced a friend of mine to come to my church's weekly volleyball meetup where the gospel is preached halfway through. But sure enough, something came up and he had to leave right before that happened. I can't tell you how many times someone has expressed desire to come to church or a bible study and continually remind me that they want to go, only to not show up and ghost me the day of. I could go on and on.

This is not just limited to me. There are friends of mine at the church who will often ask me to sit with a coworker of theirs who is visiting because they're up for serving in Sunday school/nursery. These people again leave before the gospel is preached. I can even think of someone who got a coworker to sign up for and pay to go on our yearly men's retreat. This is a 2 hour drive away, but when they arrived, his coworker realized he had accidently taken his wife's car keys with him and had to go back.

This happens so much that it surely cannot be a coincidence can it? There must be some kind of spiritual things at play here given the nature of it. Am I crazy? What do you all think?

EnriqueNye

Sep 11, 2019
East Coast
✟15,280.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
You are describing things of the flesh - not spiritual.

Why wait until church? Why not lead them to Christ when you are speaking with them?
I do, I have long conversations. Sometimes for hours and they're interested. But can never get them to church

Upvote 0

hislegacy

Memories pre 2021
Site Supporter
Nov 15, 2006
Broken Arrow, OK
✟703,002.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I do, I have long conversations. Sometimes for hours and they're interested. But can never get them to church
You are the church - lead them to Christ. Salvation is not reserved for church services - it should be part of every believers life.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,820.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The bible says we are fighting evil entities 'principalities demons etc', and yes people would see christian content and they get a subtle but effective kick from the devils to reject it.

2 As for you, you were dead in your transgressions and sins, 2 in which you used to live when you followed the ways of this world and of the ruler of the kingdom of the air, the spirit who is now at work in those who are disobedient.

Just consider the story of the Danish pastor doing deliverance in the open etc. Some TV channel proposed to make documentary with him but it was a trap, they made him look like he was mistreating children, he wasn't but this even got to the govt. he fled his country and was imprisoned for nothing for 1 year in USA.

But there is people showing themselves naked and doing sexual acts in the street in front of children and nobody bats an eye.

Spiritual?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,798.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hopefully I am posting this in the right place. Forgive me if I'm not.

I've been thinking about my attempts of evangelism over the years and while I've never once been successful at leading someone to saving faith, I've noticed a similar theme. Every time I have convinced someone to come to church or a gospel outreach event, or anything, there is always something that comes up that either prevents them from coming or hearing the gospel.

For example. The last time I got someone to come to church, they received notice that a family member had died and had to take a phone call right as the preacher was getting to the gospel. They never came back to church. Another time, a friend of mine wanted to go, but it was a Sunday when I was scheduled to serve in the Sunday school, and since I wouldn't be there for the service, he decided not to go. Still yet, another time I convinced a friend of mine to come to my church's weekly volleyball meetup where the gospel is preached halfway through. But sure enough, something came up and he had to leave right before that happened. I can't tell you how many times someone has expressed desire to come to church or a bible study and continually remind me that they want to go, only to not show up and ghost me the day of. I could go on and on.

This is not just limited to me. There are friends of mine at the church who will often ask me to sit with a coworker of theirs who is visiting because they're up for serving in Sunday school/nursery. These people again leave before the gospel is preached. I can even think of someone who got a coworker to sign up for and pay to go on our yearly men's retreat. This is a 2 hour drive away, but when they arrived, his coworker realized he had accidently taken his wife's car keys with him and had to go back.

This happens so much that it surely cannot be a coincidence can it? There must be some kind of spiritual things at play here given the nature of it. Am I crazy? What do you all think?
Jesus Christ of Nazareth could only reach a remnant when He walked in the flesh. Seeds are planted, as you have done, now they need watering . Continue on your path of spreading the Gospel and put away any thoughts of " warfare ". I believe the Armour of God is quite sufficient to combat any obstacles.
Blessings.

Upvote 0