Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
If the point is like that from the video in the OP, that we must maintain a perfect sinless perfection, then you just told me that he's wrong.

You and the others keep using the term, ("that we must maintain a perfect sinless perfection,") I don't remember anyone saying WE Must Maintain anything, being Sinless or Perfect isn't something that WE have attained on our own, nor is it something WE must maintain in order to keep.

These are the workings of God through Jesus Christ and the Holy Spirit, these things are Maintained by The Holy Spirit residing in us, not by anything we have done.

Have you not read.
1 Jn 3:9
Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin;
for his seed remaineth in him:
and he cannot sin,
because he is born of God.

So you see, this is something that is done for "US" by God Himself, not something which "WE" must maintain.

It's like you thinking is, if I must maintain Confession and Repentance of sins, it must follow that they must maintain Sinlessness, and Perfection.

1 Cor. 2:6
Howbeit we speak wisdom among them that are perfect:
yet not the wisdom of this world,
nor of the princes of this world,
that come to nought:

Who is Paul speaking about that Are Perfect, if not Believers?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
It is at this point where you dropped the end of thread you were holding, and by doing so you have lost it.

There is a difference between Flesh as being your physical body of Flesh and blood, and "The Flesh" "The Old Man" "This Body of Sin" that Paul speaks about.

When Scripture says.

Gal. 2:20
I am crucified with Christ:
nevertheless I live;
yet not I,
but Christ liveth in me:
and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Were you Physically in the Flesh Crucified with Christ?
NO, but your Inner man, the Old Man was

Rom 6:5,6
5) For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death,
we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6) Knowing this,
that our old man is crucified with him,
that the body of sin might be destroyed,
that henceforth we should not serve sin.

You must understand the separation of the two, One is a Physical Body, the other is the Spiritual Being.

It is not the Physical Body which Sins, but the Spiritual one.

God told Adam.

Gen 2:16,17
16) And the LORD God commanded the man,
saying,
Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat:
17) But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
thou shalt not eat of it:
for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.

Did Adam fall down Dead the day he ate the forbidden Fruit?....No
Was Adam Spiritually Dead to Communion with God?.....YES

The understanding of the two Fleshes seen for the first time.
The scripture passages quoted don't exactly communicate anything to me that I can apply.

The organ I am most like in the body is the skin, so I see a lot of sin and the nature thereof and it's connectivity in the outer darkness - and to an extent keep it out so to speak. It is possible you're part of an organ of the body of Christ that simply just cannot make sense to me.

Doesn't mean you're wrong, but I can only go with what God has revealed to me since I have a purpose to fulfill in Him.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
I believe you to be a Christian, so don't pull verses out of context and apply them to yourself when they are no longer true for you. What that verse you quoted means is ever since Adam sinned, all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. And if we say (as an unbeliever) that we have not sinned, we call God a liar. That is the reason Christ came, to cure the sin problem. How? By giving us His all powerful sinless Spirit inside us to change the desires our old carnal nature had, and make us born again with different desires - a new creature. Desires to be righteous, as Jesus is righteous. Because we now have the mind of Christ. We go from being a sinner to being a child of God.

I know that is a popular doctrine that we are still sinners saved by grace. But that mindset will keep you a sinner and you will never be free. And no sinner will enter heaven; only those who have overcome sin completely. Revelation 22:11 says only the righteous and holy will be in heaven with God.
Based on what God has shown me about sin, no one is going then.

God bless.

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
The scripture passages quoted don't exactly communicate anything to me that I can apply.

The organ I am most like in the body is the skin, so I see a lot of sin and the nature thereof and it's connectivity in the outer darkness - and to an extent keep it out so to speak. It is possible you're part of an organ of the body of Christ that simply just cannot make sense to me.

Doesn't mean you're wrong, but I can only go with what God has revealed to me since I have a purpose to fulfill in Him.

As I see it and understand it from my own experience in coming to this knowledge (Understanding) is, you have not come to the point of understanding yet because there are things which you do believe that God through the Holy Spirit must frost purge (Prune) before you will be able to grow into the knowledge provided for you.

I will Pray for your progress in the Spirit.

My only advise is, there are terms which I believe apply to growing in Christ.
1) Don't complicate it.
2) Less is more.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Then explain 1 John 1:8-10.

What, again?

1 John 1 has what is know as the Semitic writing style of contrasts. In this case the contrast of light vs. darkness. In chapter 3, the contrast of Jesus/no sin vs. devil/sin.

If you need more help, let me know. I'll help you any way I can.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate

God bless.

Let me ask you something. When you go to bed, do you have a clear conscience? Or are kept awake by conviction of sin?

Upvote 0

JIMINZ

Apr 13, 2017
Southern Ga.
✟157,715.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married

That is just the point, they are not something which you have to apply, they have already been applied by Almighty God through the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and the Power of the Holy Spirit into each Believer.

Stop trying to do it yourself, and accept those things accomplished and acquired for you already, by Jesus.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
If the point is like that from the video in the OP, that we must maintain a perfect sinless perfection, then you just told me that he's wrong.

He's mostly right, but I would still like to further his knowledge. He acknowledged making mistakes. For those who walk in the Spirit, it is still possible to make mistakes, but the blood of Jesus continually cleanses those sins, as long as we forgive others their mistakes against us. Jesus has made it very easy to be sinless. Just go to bed every single night with a clear conscience. 1 John 3:21-24. If you are truly abiding in Jesus and He in you, you have no desire to commit sins unto death, and He is our Advocate for sins not unto death that we don't even know about. But He does and wipes them from our account.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Gratitude is something like, "Thank you Lord for forgiving my sins and imputing your own righteousness unto those of us who believe."

Pride is something like, "Thank you Lord that I am not like that person over there who I saw sinning three times this week, and for acknowledging the ways I'm making myself perfect for you."

Gratitude is when you come to Jesus laden down with sin you have no control over, and He not only takes those sins away, He gives you His own Spirit to indwell you and He has taken away the desire to commit those sins of the flesh you were burdened with. You are free! You can breathe, and for the first time know what real love feels like, and you want to share that love with everyone. You know this love is not from your will, but straight from God. You can take no credit for it.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Yes there is. One is grateful when he realizes that God gives grace. One is prideful if they believe they never sin.

I was just asked that and this is what I said:

Gratitude is when you come to Jesus laden down with sin you have no control over, and He not only takes those sins away, He gives you His own Spirit to indwell you and He has taken away the desire to commit those sins of the flesh you were burdened with. You are free! You can breathe, and for the first time know what real love feels like, and you want to share that love with everyone. You know this love is not from your will, but straight from God. You can take no credit for it.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Not according to 1 Jn 5:16. The word for a sin not unto death is amartia, the word for a sin unto death is amartia. The same word.
1 John 5:16 If any man see his brother sin [ἁμαρτάνω/amartano vb] a sin [ἁμαρτία/amartia nn] which is not unto death, he shall ask, and he shall give him life for them that sin [ἁμαρτάνω/amartano vb] not unto death. There is a sin [ἁμαρτία/amartia nn] unto death: I do not say that he shall pray for it.

Is that all you are going to say? What does is say is a sin not undo death.

Sin is missing the mark, and depending on the type of sin it is (willful lawlessness) or (unintentional) determines if it is unto death or not unto death. We know because in the Old Testaments, they actually killed those who committed a sin unto death, and there were offerings to God that covered sins not unto death. Both are sin, just not the same punishment.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Sin is missing the mark. That's what Cheit is, the word where sin comes from. There are more than 10 commandments, and one commandment is
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
That's not a request.

Yes, that is really an easy commandment to keep when you are abiding in Jesus and He in you.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate

God bless.

No one whose sins are not cleansed is going - right. But you are wrong if you think it is that hard to stay cleansed by our Advocate.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that is really an easy commandment to keep when you are abiding in Jesus and He in you.
But if you're doing anything other than that when you could be doing that, that is sin.
By your model only pastors go to heaven. The flock they lead all goes to hell, because they have day jobs when they could be preaching.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟203,882.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
He's mostly right, but I would still like to further his knowledge. He acknowledged making mistakes. For those who walk in the Spirit, it is still possible to make mistakes

But that's sinning. Making mistakes is sinning.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Der Alte

This is me about 1 yr. old.
Supporter
Aug 21, 2003
EST
✟991,946.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Is that all you are going to say? What does is say is a sin not undo death.
Sin is missing the mark, and depending on the type of sin it is (willful lawlessness) or (unintentional) determines if it is unto death or not unto death. We know because in the Old Testaments, they actually killed those who committed a sin unto death, and there were offerings to God that covered sins not unto death. Both are sin, just not the same punishment
That is your problem NOT mine. As I have shown the word for "sin unto death" is "amartia" and the word for "sin not unto death" is the same word "amartia." I think you said one was "sin" and the other was "trespass" but in scripture they are the same word so you have to prove your argument a different way.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Let me ask you something. When you go to bed, do you have a clear conscience? Or are kept awake by conviction of sin?
I recall Paul saying that even if he had a clear conscience that wasn't enough. But guilt doesn't keep me awake per se.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
That is just the point, they are not something which you have to apply, they have already been applied by Almighty God through the Sacrifice of Jesus Christ, and the Power of the Holy Spirit into each Believer.

Stop trying to do it yourself, and accept those things accomplished and acquired for you already, by Jesus.
I still think there's a divide in perception here.

• Agree
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟721,286.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
No one whose sins are not cleansed is going - right. But you are wrong if you think it is that hard to stay cleansed by our Advocate.
I think it's a divide in perception in what needs to be clean.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
But if you're doing anything other than that when you could be doing that, that is sin.
By your model only pastors go to heaven. The flock they lead all goes to hell, because they have day jobs when they could be preaching.

When you've been in love and even at work, is she constantly on your mind? It doesn't mean you have to be constantly talking. That is not a conversation. You also have to listen.

Upvote 0