Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
But that's sinning. Making mistakes is sinning.

Yes, but as soon as you make them they are cleansed, making you sinless again. The only problem is when sin is on your account and stays there, but if it never makes it to your account you are clean.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
That is your problem NOT mine. As I have shown the word for "sin unto death" is "amartia" and the word for "sin not unto death" is the same word "amartia." I think you said one was "sin" and the other was "trespass" but in scripture they are the same word so you have to prove your argument a different way.

That is the subject: S-I-N. Same word. But the punishment is different.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I recall Paul saying that even if he had a clear conscience that wasn't enough. But guilt doesn't keep me awake per se.

Let me have the scripture please. I've looked up conscience before and I didn't notice that.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Watching and Praying Always
Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
When you've been in love and even at work, is she constantly on your mind? It doesn't mean you have to be constantly talking. That is not a conversation. You also have to listen.
Nope, never been in love.
and at jobs, some require absolute focus on what you are currently doing or you could mess it up, some even could maim or kill you if you're working with machinery.
So if you're working with heavy equipment to where you can't be focused on God because you have to focus on not losing your hand, you've just sinned.

• Winner
Reactions: JIMINZ
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I think it's a divide in perception in what needs to be clean.

Here are the two categories of who will be taken to heaven. Righteous and Holy.

Does either commit willful sins?

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Nope, never been in love.
and at jobs, some require absolute focus on what you are currently doing or you could mess it up, some even could maim or kill you if you're working with machinery.
So if you're working with heavy equipment to where you can't be focused on God because you have to focus on not losing your hand, you've just sinned.

If you believe it is sin, why do it? Romans 14 says if you believe something to be sin (even if it isn't) it is a sin to your account.

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, but as soon as you make them they are cleansed, making you sinless again. The only problem is when sin is on your account and stays there, but if it never makes it to your account you are clean.

Then you're saying the same thing we are in a different way. You're agreeing that we all sin, we are just forgiven by grace.
That's not the same as living a sinless life which means you are always 100% of the time in line with God's will which is what we say is impossible.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
1 Corinthians 4:4

GREAT PASSAGE!!!

Why would Paul say to imitate him if he thought he was sinning?

Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. 4 For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.

6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other. 7 For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

8 You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us—and indeed I could wish you did reign, that we also might reign with you! 9 For I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; for we have been made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men. 10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored! 11 To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless. 12 And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure; 13 being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now.

14 I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you. 15 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you, imitate me. 17 For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.

Upvote 0

GaveMeJoy

Nov 28, 2019
San diego
✟41,977.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
The best resource on this question is "A plain account of Christian Perfection" by john Wesley. He suggests you can. Always good to aim high. Finney used to say If God syas to be holy as i am holy then there must be a provision for it.
Imagine thinking you can be holy as God

Reactions: Archivist
Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
Then you're saying the same thing we are in a different way. You're agreeing that we all sin, we are just forgiven by grace.
That's not the same as living a sinless life which means you are always 100% of the time in line with God's will which is what we say is impossible.

All that matters is that you don't use your liberty to commit sin. Commit righteousness instead. When Christ took away the urge to sin when born again of the Spirit, and then you do not resist temptation, but give in even though you have the power to resist, that is a sin and you are abusing the law of liberty.

I gave you a scripture in 1 John 3:21-24. Notice there is a little test. Are your prayers answered. If not, ask God what is hold Him back. He'll tell you.

Upvote 0

Gregory Thompson

Change is inevitable, feel free to spare some.
Site Supporter
Dec 20, 2009
Canada
✟722,927.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
Married
GREAT PASSAGE!!!

Why would Paul say to imitate him if he thought he was sinning?

Let a man so consider us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. 2 Moreover it is required in stewards that one be found faithful. 3 But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged by you or by a human court. In fact, I do not even judge myself. 4 For I know of nothing against myself, yet I am not justified by this; but He who judges me is the Lord. 5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.

6 Now these things, brethren, I have figuratively transferred to myself and Apollos for your sakes, that you may learn in us not to think beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up on behalf of one against the other. 7 For who makes you differ from another? And what do you have that you did not receive? Now if you did indeed receive it, why do you boast as if you had not received it?

8 You are already full! You are already rich! You have reigned as kings without us—and indeed I could wish you did reign, that we also might reign with you! 9 For I think that God has displayed us, the apostles, last, as men condemned to death; for we have been made a spectacle to the world, both to angels and to men. 10 We are fools for Christ’s sake, but you are wise in Christ! We are weak, but you are strong! You are distinguished, but we are dishonored! 11 To the present hour we both hunger and thirst, and we are poorly clothed, and beaten, and homeless. 12 And we labor, working with our own hands. Being reviled, we bless; being persecuted, we endure; 13 being defamed, we entreat. We have been made as the filth of the world, the offscouring of all things until now.

14 I do not write these things to shame you, but as my beloved children I warn you. 15 For though you might have ten thousand instructors in Christ, yet you do not have many fathers; for in Christ Jesus I have begotten you through the gospel. 16 Therefore I urge you, imitate me. 17 For this reason I have sent Timothy to you, who is my beloved and faithful son in the Lord, who will remind you of my ways in Christ, as I teach everywhere in every church.
I guess from verses 8-13 he didn't promote the modern version of Church either.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate

Just to clarify, please tell me do you believe Christ frees you from obeying the law, or from sin, itself? That will tell me if we agree.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
I guess from verses 8-13 he didn't promote the modern version of Church either.

I refuse denominationalism. We must KNOW who we are in Christ in order for Mark 16:16-18 to be true in our life.

Upvote 0

lsume

Site Supporter
Mar 14, 2017
Florida
✟417,518.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Here is a video that claims that you can:

My question to whomever is making the video is, does he know that it’s impossible to live a sinless life without Christ running interference for you? He blocks the world as well as your own harmful thoughts. I can’t explain how He does it but after I was Truly Born again, Christ showed me how it is possible to live that life. If we do sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. I have memory of past sins which could lead me to sin again. Christ can protect me from those memories. A man sins when he is drawn away of his own lust. No one makes anyone sin. This truth is often maligned.

Upvote 0

CharismaticLady

Site Supporter
Jun 14, 2019
Tennessee
✟140,294.00
Country
United States
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Celibate
My question to whomever is making the video is, does he know that it’s impossible to live a sinless life without Christ running interference for you? He blocks the world as well as your own harmful thoughts. I can’t explain how He does it but after I was Truly Born again, Christ showed me how it is possible to live that life. If we do sin, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins. I have memory of past sins which could lead me to sin again. Christ can protect me from those memories. A man sins when he is drawn away of his own lust. No one makes anyone sin. This truth is often maligned.

I think he would agree with you. So why can't you agree with him?

Upvote 0

Jamdoc

Oct 22, 2019
Helena
✟207,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Just to clarify, please tell me do you believe Christ frees you from obeying the law, or from sin, itself? That will tell me if we agree.
I believe that Christ forgives me of sin, but until I'm no longer flesh I am incapable of being completely in tune with God's will. I believe we all struggle against the flesh and against sin, but nobody is immune to sinning itself.

Upvote 0