Northwest
✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I don't read Piper or any Charismatic "Calvinist" or "Dispensationalists claiming to know the truth.

As John Piper says in the above video, while he himself has never spoken in tongues, there's nothing in the Bible which says people cannot still speak in tongues today. Furthermore, speaking in tongues is not the only spiritual gift that charismatics emphasize.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
As John Piper says in the above video, while he himself has never spoken in tongues, there's nothing in the Bible which says people cannot still speak in tongues today. Furthermore, speaking in tongues is not the only spiritual gift that charismatics emphasize.
He is ignorant of the subject along with anyone who buys into it.

Upvote 0

Humble_Disciple

May 17, 2021
Northwest
✟39,150.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Divorced
I am a convinced Calvinist but, unlike John MacArthur, I'm not a heresy hunter.

We can “agree to disagree” on issues that do not involve salvation or godly living. Our ultimate goal should not be to prove our point but to model the kind of love and acceptance that Jesus showed His disciples (John 13:34–35). No human being has all the answers on every subject. Our goal should be to immerse ourselves in God’s Word so that we recognize error when we hear it. But we must also purpose to approach every non-essential issue with a teachable spirit so that we can best fulfill God’s desire for unity in His church (1 John 4:12). In the words of 17th-century theologian Rupertus Meldenius, “In the essentials, unity; in the non-essentials, diversity; in all things, charity.”
In the Christian faith, what issues are truly worth debating? | GotQuestions.org

Upvote 0