Oregon
✟107,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
but you cannot infer that meant any of them, other than the 11, were present when the GC was given to the 11.

Sure I can "infer" to my hearts delight. So I am going to infer and infer. Scripture does not give us the exact location of the GC nor exactly who was present. St Matthew as you pointed out is just states "them." But we do have some hints from Scripture where Jesus COULD HAVE appeared to the 500 and given the GC. This is the normal usage inference.

Jesus does give a location where he will be sometime during the 40 days of his post resurrection.

Before Jesus' death Jesus said,
  • Mt. 26:32 Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written “‘I will strike the shepherd and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.” But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.”
After his resurrection, the angels told the women:
  • Mk 16:7 But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’”
  • Mt 28 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
And even the resurrected Jesus told the women who were going to inform the eleven of his resurrection of his future location.
  • Mt. 18:9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”
  • From Matthew's narrative, 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the MOUNTAIN where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him;
It is from these texts Jesus COULD HAVE given the GC to the 500. So why is Galilee the most probable location because he is informing everybody he is going to there.

So why Galilee?

•Far way from from the Jewish Power structure of the Temple.
•Jewish followers of Jesus probably would not have permitted to assemble in Judea.
•The disciples could move about within relative safety among their family relatives.
•Jesus spent most of his three year ministry time in Galilee.
•Depending on definition and context about 34-36 out of Jesus 39 miracles in Galilee.
•Exceedingly high number of people knew of Jesus was compared to Judea. Feeding of the 4,000 and 5,000 as examples.

So it is quite possible the 500 did receive the GC.

We only have three hard numbers to work with, the eleven, the 120 who witness his ascension and the 500. It is quite possible the 500 didn't receive the GC, but some of the 120 did.

The number eleven just doesn't work especially when one examines the replacement criteria for Judas as the Twelfth

Acts 1:21 Therefore it is necessary to choose
1) one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, 2) 22 beginning from John’s baptism
3) to the time when Jesus was taken up from us.
4) For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”

Matthias had to been there when Jesus' gave the GC because the replacement for Judas had to witness to his Ascension and all the post resurrection teachings.

Upvote 0

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟107,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The GC you've cited was given to Jews, for Jews Only.
Now you are angering me. I get the impression you are disagreeing with me just to disagree. I don't appreciate it. You are making me upset.

So why don't we part and go separate ways. I won't comment on your threads or posts and would appreciate it if you would not post on mine.

This would be most amicable. God's blessings to you here on CF.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Sure I can "infer" to my hearts delight. So I am going to infer and infer. Scripture does not give us the exact location of the GC nor exactly who was present. St Matthew as you pointed out is just states "them." But we do have some hints from Scripture where Jesus COULD HAVE appeared to the 500 and given the GC. This is the normal usage inference.

Jesus does give a location where he will be sometime during the 40 days of his post resurrection.

Before Jesus' death Jesus said,
  • Mt. 26:32 Then Jesus told them, “This very night you will all fall away on account of me, for it is written “‘I will strike the shepherd and the sheep of the flock will be scattered.” But after I have risen, I will go ahead of you into Galilee.”
After his resurrection, the angels told the women:
  • Mk 16:7 But go, tell his disciples and Peter, ‘He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.’”
  • Mt 28 7 Then go quickly and tell his disciples: ‘He has risen from the dead and is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him.’ Now I have told you.”
And even the resurrected Jesus told the women who were going to inform the eleven of his resurrection of his future location.
  • Mt. 18:9 Suddenly Jesus met them. “Greetings,” he said. They came to him, clasped his feet and worshiped him. 10 Then Jesus said to them, “Do not be afraid. Go and tell my brothers to go to Galilee; there they will see me.”
  • From Matthew's narrative, 28:16 Then the eleven disciples went to Galilee, to the MOUNTAIN where Jesus had told them to go. 17 When they saw him, they worshiped him;
It is from these texts Jesus COULD HAVE given the GC to the 500. So why is Galilee the most probable location because he is informing everybody he is going to there.

So why Galilee?

•Far way from from the Jewish Power structure of the Temple.
•Jewish followers of Jesus probably would not have permitted to assemble in Judea.
•The disciples could move about within relative safety among their family relatives.
•Jesus spent most of his three year ministry time in Galilee.
•Depending on definition and context about 34-36 out of Jesus 39 miracles in Galilee.
•Exceedingly high number of people knew of Jesus was compared to Judea. Feeding of the 4,000 and 5,000 as examples.

So it is quite possible the 500 did receive the GC.

We only have three hard numbers to work with, the eleven, the 120 who witness his ascension and the 500. It is quite possible the 500 didn't receive the GC, but some of the 120 did.

The number eleven just doesn't work especially when one examines the replacement criteria for Judas as the Twelfth

Acts 1:21 Therefore it is necessary to choose
1) one of the men who have been with us the whole time the Lord Jesus was living among us, 2) 22 beginning from John’s baptism
3) to the time when Jesus was taken up from us.
4) For one of these must become a witness with us of his resurrection.”

Matthias had to been there when Jesus' gave the GC because the replacement for Judas had to witness to his Ascension and all the post resurrection teachings.

I see, true, you can infer whatever you want to, from your reading of scripture.

Upvote 0

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟107,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I see, true, you can infer whatever you want to, from your reading of scripture.
My inference is just wider than your narrow inference the "them" in the GC can only refer to eleven.

I gave my reasons. Let the chips fall where they may.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Now you are angering me. I get the impression you are disagreeing with me just to disagree. I don't appreciate it. You are making me upset.

So why don't we part and go separate ways. I won't comment on your threads or posts and would appreciate it if you would not post on mine.

I placed a post & you replied. I answered your questions, even when you wouldn't answer mine. I believe people should be able to disagree without being disagreeable. My intent was not to upset/anger anyone. Whatever you think about me is OK, by me. In the end we will all stand ALONE before Him & answer only for ourselves. I joyfully look forward to that day.

Rightly Divide The Word Of Truth

Source: Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: Divide, Divider, Dividing:

Greek word orthotomeo - English dividing - Strongs G3718, """""to cut straight""""" is found in 2 Tim 2:15 "rightly dividing,"

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, "rightly dividing the word of truth".
(MY NOTE: We RIGHTLY DIVIDE by CUTTING a STRAIGHT LINE)

Question: Where do we cut the straight dividing line in the word of truth?

Answer: The Death & Resurrection of Christ

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(MY NOTE: The New Testament/Covenant doesn't begin until after Christ's death & resurrection)

The text before Christ' sacrificial sin atoning death = (sins required waged paid) & resurrection = (Gods receipt, payment received & accepted). Is old covenant/testament doctrine. New covenant/testament doctrine begins at Acts 2 Pentecost & remains Jewish only. Until St. Paul returns from Arabia (Gal 1:17). Where He received his message by direct revelation from the Risen Lord Jesus (Gal 1:12).

The message the Lord gave St. Paul was the gospel/good news of the GRACE of God (Acts 20:24).

The gospel of the GRACE of God is:

1 Cor 15:
1 Now brothers and sisters, let me remind you [once again] of the good news [of salvation] which I preached to you, which you welcomed and accepted and on which you stand [by faith].

2 By this faith you are saved [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose], if you hold firmly to the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain [just superficially and without complete commitment].

3 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],

4 and that He was buried, and that He was [bodily] raised on the third day according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],
1 Corinthians 15 amp - Read the Amplified© Bible Online - Free AMP Bible - SermonCentral.com
The Fact Of Christ’s Resurrection. Now brothers and sisters, let me remind you [once again] of the good news [of salvation] which I preached ...

PARSING:
Vs 1, ""The good news of salvation"" preached to you, ""which you accepted by FAITH"".

Vs 2, You were SAVED by FAITH & reborn from above, spiritually transformed, renewed & set apart for His purpose.

Vs 3, The most ""important"" SALVATION information needed is: (Vs 3) Christ died for our sins (Vs 4) was buried & He was raised on the 3rd day.

Synopsis: The gospel/good news for your SALVATION is: Christ died for your sins, was buried & rose on the 3rd.

Heb 9:22 In fact under the Law almost everything is cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness [neither release from sin and its guilt, nor cancellation of the merited punishment].
(MY NOTE: WATER BAPTISM DOESN'T/CAN'T remit/pardon sin, repentance doesn't/can't remit/pardon sin. Only FAITH in Jesus sin atoning sacrifice can REMOVE/PARDON sin. The only thing that can remove the sin stain from the soul. Is FAITH placed in Christ' sin atoning sacrifice)

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace [God’s remarkable compassion and favor drawing you to Christ] that you have been saved [actually delivered from judgment and given eternal life] through faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [not through your own effort], but it is the [undeserved, gracious] gift of God;
(MY NOTE: Salvation is accessed by GRACE thru FAITH)

Rom 5:
1Therefore, since we have been justified [that is, acquitted of sin, declared blameless before God] by faith, [let us grasp the fact that] we have peace with God [and the joy of reconciliation with Him] through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed).

2Through Him we also have access by faith into this [remarkable state of] grace in which we [firmly and safely and securely] stand. Let us rejoice in our hope and the confident assurance of [experiencing and enjoying] the glory of [our great] God [the manifestation of His excellence and power].
(MY NOTE: Vs 1, Justified/acquitted of sin & declared blameless before God by FAITH. Vs 2, We access God's GRACE thru FAITH.

Upvote 0

Ain't Zwinglian

Feb 23, 2020
Oregon
✟107,312.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I placed a post & you replied. I answered your questions, even when you wouldn't answer mine. I believe people should be able to disagree without being disagreeable. My intent was not to upset/anger anyone. Whatever you think about me is OK, by me. In the end we will all stand ALONE before Him & answer only for ourselves. I joyfully look forward to that day.

Rightly Divide The Word Of Truth

Source: Vine's Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words: Divide, Divider, Dividing:

Greek word orthotomeo - English dividing - Strongs G3718, """""to cut straight""""" is found in 2 Tim 2:15 "rightly dividing,"

2 Tim 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, "rightly dividing the word of truth".
(MY NOTE: We RIGHTLY DIVIDE by CUTTING a STRAIGHT LINE)

Question: Where do we cut the straight dividing line in the word of truth?

Answer: The Death & Resurrection of Christ

Heb 9:15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.
(MY NOTE: The New Testament/Covenant doesn't begin until after Christ's death & resurrection)

The text before Christ' sacrificial sin atoning death = (sins required waged paid) & resurrection = (Gods receipt, payment received & accepted). Is old covenant/testament doctrine. New covenant/testament doctrine begins at Acts 2 Pentecost & remains Jewish only. Until St. Paul returns from Arabia (Gal 1:17). Where He received his message by direct revelation from the Risen Lord Jesus (Gal 1:12).

The message the Lord gave St. Paul was the gospel/good news of the GRACE of God (Acts 20:24).

The gospel of the GRACE of God is:

1 Cor 15:
1 Now brothers and sisters, let me remind you [once again] of the good news [of salvation] which I preached to you, which you welcomed and accepted and on which you stand [by faith].

2 By this faith you are saved [reborn from above—spiritually transformed, renewed, and set apart for His purpose], if you hold firmly to the word which I preached to you, unless you believed in vain [just superficially and without complete commitment].

3 For I passed on to you as of first importance what I also received, that Christ died for our sins according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],

4 and that He was buried, and that He was [bodily] raised on the third day according to [that which] the Scriptures [foretold],
1 Corinthians 15 amp - Read the Amplified© Bible Online - Free AMP Bible - SermonCentral.com
The Fact Of Christ’s Resurrection. Now brothers and sisters, let me remind you [once again] of the good news [of salvation] which I preached ...

PARSING:
Vs 1, ""The good news of salvation"" preached to you, ""which you accepted by FAITH"".

Vs 2, You were SAVED by FAITH & reborn from above, spiritually transformed, renewed & set apart for His purpose.

Vs 3, The most ""important"" SALVATION information needed is: (Vs 3) Christ died for our sins (Vs 4) was buried & He was raised on the 3rd day.

Synopsis: The gospel/good news for your SALVATION is: Christ died for your sins, was buried & rose on the 3rd.

Heb 9:22 In fact under the Law almost everything is cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness [neither release from sin and its guilt, nor cancellation of the merited punishment].
(MY NOTE: WATER BAPTISM DOESN'T/CAN'T remit/pardon sin, repentance doesn't/can't remit/pardon sin. Only FAITH in Jesus sin atoning sacrifice can REMOVE/PARDON sin. The only thing that can remove the sin stain from the soul. Is FAITH placed in Christ' sin atoning sacrifice)

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace [God’s remarkable compassion and favor drawing you to Christ] that you have been saved [actually delivered from judgment and given eternal life] through faith. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [not through your own effort], but it is the [undeserved, gracious] gift of God;
(MY NOTE: Salvation is accessed by GRACE thru FAITH)

Rom 5:
1Therefore, since we have been justified [that is, acquitted of sin, declared blameless before God] by faith, [let us grasp the fact that] we have peace with God [and the joy of reconciliation with Him] through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed).

2Through Him we also have access by faith into this [remarkable state of] grace in which we [firmly and safely and securely] stand. Let us rejoice in our hope and the confident assurance of [experiencing and enjoying] the glory of [our great] God [the manifestation of His excellence and power].
(MY NOTE: Vs 1, Justified/acquitted of sin & declared blameless before God by FAITH. Vs 2, We access God's GRACE thru FAITH.
Please don't post to me directly. I don't want to converse with you. You can cut and paste anything I have said on your thread but please don't allow the post to come directly to me in my inbox.

As a fellow brother in Christ, please respect my wishes.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is true unbelief is the unforgiveable sin. Having said that, unbelief wasn't the repent (context) message from the Baptist or Jesus. All Jews believed in God. Nor was the death & resurrection part of their message.

Jesus death & resurrection is the core new covenant massage. And anyone today that doesn't BELIEVE/rejects Christ death & resurrection is in unbelief.

Why was Jesus baptized. He was sinless & had nothing to repent from:

John the Baptist & Jesus Priest's & Prophets
But all Jews didn’t believe in Jesus. That was the whole problem. That’s why they killed Him.

Upvote 0

BNR32FAN

He’s a Way of life
Site Supporter
Aug 11, 2017
Dallas
✟889,442.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
That is true unbelief is the unforgiveable sin. Having said that, unbelief wasn't the repent (context) message from the Baptist or Jesus. All Jews believed in God. Nor was the death & resurrection part of their message.

Jesus death & resurrection is the core new covenant massage. And anyone today that doesn't BELIEVE/rejects Christ death & resurrection is in unbelief.

Why was Jesus baptized. He was sinless & had nothing to repent from:

John the Baptist & Jesus Priest's & Prophets
Just for the record I don’t teach water baptism as a necessity for salvation.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
Well , one can not be in the "Church" until one repents from unbelief to belief so that they may recieve His Holy Spirit Baptism. So, it is not the message for the Church but rather, it is the message from the Church to the world.
Blessings.
What about water Baptism?

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,789.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What about water Baptism?
I'll let John the Baptist answer that. Blessings

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”

Reactions: RileyG
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
I'll let John the Baptist answer that. Blessings

But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming to his baptism, he said to them, “Brood of vipers! Who warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8 Therefore bear fruits worthy of repentance, 9 and do not think to say to yourselves, ‘We have Abraham as our father.’ For I say to you that God is able to raise up children to Abraham from these stones. 10 And even now the ax is laid to the root of the trees. Therefore every tree which does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance, but He who is coming after me is mightier than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to carry. He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit and fire. 12 His winnowing fan is in His hand, and He will thoroughly clean out His threshing floor, and gather His wheat into the barn; but He will burn up the chaff with unquenchable fire.”
Thanks for your response. Or rather, John the Baptist's response.

God bless you

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private

It's a public open debate forum. If you can't tolerate opposing views maybe you shouldn't post here. I recommend you seek help for your anger issues. In the spirit of a public open debate forum, I believe reply will deserves a reply. If you'd like to be left alone, it's simple go away! Best wishes, JJ

Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0

bling

Site Supporter
Feb 27, 2008
✟826,126.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
So my point is simply this, the "repent" in Acts 2:38 has a very specific meaning to the Men of Israel, Acts 2:36, which cannot be applicable to you.

You cannot repent for killing your messiah because he was not promised to you, nor sent to you in the first place (Matthew 1:21, Matthew 15:24, Romans 15:8, Acts 2:36).

Yes, I agree with you that God had a divine plan to use the cross to forgive all our sins, circumcision and uncircumcision alike, but that is a different context from Acts 2:38.
Genesis 12:1-3

God remembers the Gentiles when He calls Abraham, promising that every nation, "all the families of the earth," will be blessed in the blessings of Abraham. Paul, "the apostle to the Gentiles" (Romans 11:13), carries the thought to its conclusion when he asserts that the line demarcating Jew and Gentile disappears in Christ: "[T]here is neither Jew nor Greek; . . . for you are all one in Christ Jesus. And if you are Christ's, then you are Abraham's seed, and heirs according to the promise" (Galatians 3:28-29).
Jesus was tortured and murdered because of what I did.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Please don't post to me directly. I don't want to converse with you. You can cut and paste anything I have said on your thread but please don't allow the post to come directly to me in my inbox.

As a fellow brother in Christ, please respect my wishes.
If you don't want to converse then STOP!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sorn

Jan 8, 2018
Perth
✟178,763.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In all my life, I have encounter only one other person who believed baptism was optional for a Christian.
Well there is 1 Corinthians 1:17.
The Gospel of Grace as revealed by Jesus Christ to Paul does not require baptism. Paul expressly said this in the passage i quoted.
Apart from a few he then goes on to say he can't remember doing any others in 1 Corinthians 1:16.

If you are so inclined do watch this very informative & revealing video:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Israel had to repent of killing their promised Messiah in Acts 2:36 so it is not the same repentance that you can do now.

After all, you did not even exist at that time period.
A good reply !!

dan p

Reactions: Guojing
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Jesus was tortured and murdered because of what I did.

That is logically impossible, as I said, because you did not exist during that time.

But if you want to believe in that, so that you can believe Acts 2:38 is also directed to you, we can agree to disagree. =)

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
NT Gospel of Jesus Christ:

1 Cor 15:

PARSING:
Vs 1, ""The good news of SALVATION"" preached to you, ""which you accepted by FAITH"". (NO H2O NEEDED!)

Vs 2, You were SAVED by FAITH & reborn from above, spiritually transformed, renewed & set apart for His purpose. (NO H2O NEEDED!)

Synopsis: The gospel/good news whereby you are SAVED is: Christ died for your sins, was buried & rose on the 3rd. (NO H2O NEEDED!)

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed "ye were sealed with that holy Spirit'' of promise
(PARSING: You heard & BELIEVED about Jesus sin atoning payment & resurrection. Then (Matt 3:11, Mk 1:8, Lk 3:16) by Jesus, you were <PAST TENSE > SEALED with God's promised Gift of His FOREVER (Jn 14:16) SALVATION SEALING (Eph 1:13-14, 4:30, 2 Cor 1:22, 5:5, 2 Tim 1:14) indwelling Holy Spirit.. (NO MENTION OF WATER!)

Rom 10:
8 But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth, and in thy heart: that is, the word of FAITH, which we preach;

9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt BELIEVE in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou SHALT be SAVED. 1 Cor 15:
(PARSING Confess Jesus as Lord, BELIEVE He was Raised from the dead. For with the heart man BELIEVES unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. (NO MENTION OF WATER!)

(MY NOTE: WATER BAPTISM doesn't/can't remit/pardon sin. Repentance doesn't/can't remit/pardon sin. Only FAITH in Jesus sin atoning BLOOD sacrifice/death & resurrection) (NO H2O NEEDED!)

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace [God’s remarkable compassion and favor drawing you to Christ] that you HAVE BEEN SAVED [actually delivered from judgment and given eternal life] through FAITH. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [not through your own effort], but it is the [undeserved, gracious] gift of God;
(MY NOTE: Salvation is accessed by GRACE thru FAITH. (NO H2O NEEDED!)

Rom 5:
1 Therefore, since we have been justified [that is, acquitted of sin, declared blameless before God] by faith, [let us grasp the fact that] we have peace with God [and the joy of reconciliation with Him] through our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed).

2 Through Him we also have access by faith into this [remarkable state of] grace in which we [firmly and safely and securely] stand. Let us rejoice in our hope and the confident assurance of [experiencing and enjoying] the glory of [our great] God [the manifestation of His excellence and power].
(MY NOTE: Vs 1, Justified/acquitted of sin & declared blameless before God by FAITH. Vs 2, We access God's GRACE thru FAITH. (NO MENTION OF WATER!)

Under the NT gospel of God's grace message. The believer hears, believes/FAITH (no self-works) & receives the H/S. The Act of getting water baptized (done after SALVATION) is confirmation of your FAITH! An outwardly public confession/statement of the inward spiritual change that has already taken place

Definition EMBLEM: a symbolic representation of a particular quality or concept.

Water Baptism:
When you publicly undertake the Emblem/symbolic outwardly representation via water baptism. You're proclaiming to die to self, then immersed (buried emblem) & rise up (resurrection emblem). You are making an outwardly statement of your (already) inward spiritual transformation.

Rom 2:29 (A) But he is a Jew who is one inwardly; and [true] circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit,
(MY NOTE: Circumcision of the heart, BY the SPIRIT!)

Matt 3:11 “As for me, I baptize you with water because of [your] repentance [that is, because you are willing to change your inner self—your old way of thinking, regret your sin and live a changed life], but He (the Messiah) who is coming after me is mightier [more powerful, more noble] than I, whose sandals I am not worthy to remove [even as His slave]; He will baptize you [who truly repent] with the Holy Spirit and [you who remain unrepentant] with fire (judgment).
(MY NOTE: John the Baptist made clear that Christ would baptize with the Holy Spirit)

1 Cor 12:13 For by one [Holy] Spirit we were all baptized into one body, [spiritually transformed—united together] whether Jews or Greeks (Gentiles), slaves or free, and we were all made to drink of one [Holy] Spirit [since the same Holy Spirit fills each life]
(MY NOTE: For "by ONE SPIRIT" "ALL ARE BAPTIZED into ONE BODY"! Translators capitalized Spirit to identify they're referring the Holy Spirit. Only Christ can baptize with the salvation sealing indwelling Holy Spirit.)

Col 2:11 In Him you were also circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but by the [spiritual] circumcision of Christ in the stripping off of the body of the flesh [the sinful carnal nature],
(MY NOTE: The baptism of the "ETERNALLY SEALING" (Eph 1:13-14, 4:30, 2 Cor 1:22, 5:5, 2 Tim 1:14) "FOREVER INDWELLING (Jn14:16)" Holy Spirit is a "Spiritual/Circumcision/Covenant" done "by Christ's Holy Spirit" WITHOUT HANDS & WITHOUT WATER)

Upvote 0