England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
That is a CT. You may choose to reject that label of course.
The purpose in your repeating your ad hominem essentialist stances is what?

Wordings highlight overlapping loose ballparks of any significance or none. Holy Spirit tells the truth about us.

Upvote 0

OldAbramBrown

Jul 4, 2023
England
✟22,720.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
For 7 years post ascension salvation remains assessable to Israel/Jews only. Gentiles aren't offered salvation until Acts10 Cornelius house.
That's as a matter of main policy. In accordance with the prophets it was open to gentiles as well. Jesus believed that race was never the real criterion. Peter once, and some of the James section, and others, had to be reminded of this.

The Scriptures concerned don't support dispensationism as such. Old Covenant was dispensation 1a and New Covenant is dispensation 1b. It's the same but has been made more practical in Holy Spirit strength.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Now you've turned into a magician because only God can change reality and He doesn't bring time out of existence because it is in the natural order. Time is a big subject and you should study Huw Price.

One's growth in integrity in the light of our historical facts is part of God's intended order.

The scriptures you've appended do not support these statements and your inconsistent sophistry is tripping over words.

Please can you try to re-paraphrase, in better wording, any points actually made during the thread so far and show the purpose for the thread?

Dispensationism was started up from fear of legalism which however it copies and which is reabsorbing it. Some of us try to stay on the outside of both. Dispensationism like legalism is materialism.

Your phrase is ballpark nomenclature in usage by you and Ligonier (who don't mean what they say), but not others. The Ligoniers use as much plausible clothing as they can. Dispensationists and legalists like the Ligoniers, being likewise materialistic, have suppression of Holy Spirit in common.
1st,
I don't consider Belief in what Jesus endured & accomplished on the cross, to be magic.

2nd, I stand behind my opinion, I said "I believe". And still BELIEVE this verse supports my belief:

Isa 1:18 Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.
(MY NOTE: Past sins that have already been committed. When wiped out/forgiven, change one's past & future. Past red crimson sins, become white as wool (ISA 1:18). Now one can now walk as though they had never committed even one sin)

3nd, Nothing to re-paraphrase post#1 speaks to the purpose of the therad.

Finally, You're entitled to your personal definition of dispensation.

These God breathed scriptures tell a different story, specifically the last one.

1 Cor 9:17 For if I do this thing willingly, I have a reward: but if against my will, a dispensation of the gospel is committed unto me.

Eph 1:10 That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Col 1:25 Whereof I am made a minister, according to the dispensation of God which is given to me for you, to fulfil the word of God;

Eph 3:2 If ye have heard of the dispensation of the grace of God which is given me to you-ward:

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Your phrase is ballpark nomenclature in usage by you and Ligonier (who don't mean what they say), but not others. The Ligoniers use as much plausible clothing as they can. Dispensationists and legalists like the Ligoniers, being likewise materialistic, have suppression of Holy Spirit in common.

Do you realized that, from the way you write, no ordinary reader could figure out what are you saying?

• Winner
Reactions: BrotherJJ
Upvote 0

Basil the Great

Site Supporter
Mar 9, 2009
✟721,543.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Green
What about water Baptism?
As I recall, the famous Church father Augustine taught that water Baptism is necessary for salvation, at least for small children, and that the unbaptized babies go to Limbo. I do not know if he made exceptions for Baptism by Desire or Baptism by Blood. For what it is worth, I doubt that Augustine's position is correct.

Upvote 0

RileyG

Veteran
Angels Team
Feb 10, 2013
Nebraska
✟243,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Celibate
Politics
US-Republican
As I recall, the famous Church father Augustine taught that water Baptism is necessary for salvation, at least for small children, and that the unbaptized babies go to Limbo. I do not know if he made exceptions for Baptism by Desire or Baptism by Blood. For what it is worth, I doubt that Augustine's position is correct.
Yes, that's my understanding as well.

Upvote 0

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
KJV Dictionary Definition: - REMISSION = (#5) Forgiveness; pardon; that is, the giving up of the punishment due to a crime; as the remission of sins. Matt. 26. Heb. 9.

KJV Dictionary Definition: - FORGIV'EN = Pardoned remitted.

KJV Dictionary Definition: - SALVATION = (#2). Appropriately in theology, the redemption of man from the bondage of sin and liability to eternal death, and the conferring on him everlasting happiness. This is the great salvation. (#4. Remission of sins, or saving graces. Luke 19.

1 Jn 2:12 I write unto you, little children, because your sins are forgiven you for his name's sake.
(MY NOTE: Believers your sins are <Right Now> FORGIVEN/PARDONED for Christ's name's sake)

Eph 1:7 In Jesus Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins,
(MY NOTE: Believers HAVE <Present Tense> FORGIVENESS/FULL PARDON of ALL sins < PURAL)

1 John 5:13 These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.
(MY NOTE: Believers in Jesus, KNOW that you HAVE <Right Now> ETERNAL LIFE)

Eph 4:32 Be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, as God in Christ forgave you.
(MY NOTE: God in Christ FORGAVE <Past Tense> you.)

Heb 9:12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.
(MY NOTE: Jesus entered into heavens Holy place with His own, sinless perpetually cleansing God blood. Obtaining ETERNAL REDEMPTION for every believer)

Heb 13:20 Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great shepherd of the sheep, through the blood of the everlasting covenant,
(MY NOTE: This new sin management covenant, cut in Jesus sinless perpetually cleansing God blood is EVERLASTING!)

Jesus sin atoning payment is seized/accessed via FAITH (Rom 5:1-2, 10:9-10, Eph 1:13, 2:8, 1 Cor 15:1-4).

Faith placed in the faithful, obedient sin atoning work. Found in Jesus death (sins required wage PAID), burial (proof Jesus died) & resurrection (Fathers receipt, payment received & accepted. (1 Cor 15:4)

Upvote 0

Dan Perez

Dec 13, 2018
Arcadia
✟197,258.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And where do you believe that WATER BAPTISM began ?

I 1 Cor 10:2 it says that they were BAPTIZED unto Moses together UNTO Moses in the CLOUD and in the SEA ?

How can that happen ??

Your thoughts ?

I have never seen a verse that says children were water baptized , and just reply if you have a verse ?

And have yet to see the Greek word for LIMBO , as I must have missed it , and then I can study it ?

dan p

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BrotherJJ

Jul 23, 2019
North America
✟167,213.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Baptism Spiritual Circumcision

Matt 3:11 I indeed baptize you with water unto repentance: but he that cometh after me is mightier than I, whose shoes I am not worthy to bear: he shall baptize you with the Holy Ghost, and with fire:
(NOTE: John the Baptist made proclaimed (Matt 3:3, Mk 1:2, Mk 1:3) Christ would baptize with the Holy Spirit)

1 Cor 12:13 For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
(NOTE: Translators capitalized Spirit to identify when referring the Holy Spirit. Only Christ baptizes with/in the Holy Spirit.)

Colossians is written to believers: See Col 1:2

Col 2:
6 As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:
(MY NOTE: They had already received Christ)

7 Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.
(MYNOTE: They were established/grounded in the faith)

8 Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.
(MY NOTE: Beware of worldly, deceitful traditions of men)

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.
(MY NOTE: For in Christ dwells all the Spiritual fulness of the Godhead = Father, Son, Holy Spirit)

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principality and power:
(MY NOTE: You are a complete/perfect spiritual product, transformed by Christ Baptism via the Indwelling Holy Spirit)

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the circumcision """made without hands""", in putting off the body of the sins of the flesh by the circumcision of Christ:
(MY NOTE: The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a SPIRITUAL circumcision/covenant done by Christ alone without hands & NO H2O used.)

12 Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.
(MY NOTE: Not water baptism, READ the CONTEXT. Buried/circumcised/spiritually immersed & raised/QUICKENED/made alive)

13 And you, being dead in your sins and the uncircumcision of your flesh, hath he quickened together with him, having forgiven you all trespasses;
(MY NOTE: You once were dead in sin. Christ' spiritual circumcision/Holy Spirit baptism """done without hands & without water"". Has quickened = made you Spiritually alive. He immersed you in/with His FOREVER (Jn 14:16) abide with you. It's Christ' free eternal life giving (gift Rom 6:23, Jn 5:24), salvation sealing (Eph 1:13, 2 Cor 1:22 & Eph 4:30) Holy Spirit!)

Christ' FOREVER (Jn 16:14) abiding, eternal life giving, salvation sealing Holy Spirit. Is accessed by FAITH/BELIEF ALONE (Rom 5:1-2. Eph 1:13-14)

Eph 2:8 For it is by grace [God’s remarkable compassion and favor drawing you to Christ] that you HAVE BEEN SAVED [actually delivered from judgment and given eternal life] through FAITH. And this [salvation] is not of yourselves [not through your own effort], but it is the [undeserved, gracious] gift of God;
(MY NOTE: Salvation comes by God's GRACE = unmerited/unearned favor. By FAITH placed in Christ' sacrificial sin atoning death & resurrection.

9 not as a result of [your] works [nor your attempts to keep the Law], so that no one will [be able to] boast or take credit in any way [for his salvation].
(MY NOTE: No SELF-WORKS needed or ALLOWED!)

Upvote 0