✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I don't see the point in your example.

If you ask me that question, my answer is yes. Should I be offended that King Saul believes the same?
No, but having a similar belief to someone you want to vilify doesn't make the poster on this forum a villain either.

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
You must not be understanding my position or you are tying it in with something else.

I value a relationship with Jesus, not one with my bible.

I read what His word says all the time, but I don't try to beat the gates of heaven down with my demands or try to accuse Jesus of not acting on His word when I said He was suppose to. I ask Him about things honestly and then listen. What He decides to so is what He decides to do, I have no say in the matter unless He asks for my opinion, of which He has asked me before at times.

I'm not really sure what you were reading out of my statement, but this is how I interact with GOD and will continue to do so.
If what you are hearing Him decide to do is out of line with His word, I would venture to say that you are not hearing Him. We are seeing as through a glass, dimly.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, but having a similar belief to someone you want to vilify doesn't make the poster on this forum a villain either.

I already stated there is nothing wrong with Bethel and Bill Johnson's beliefs.

Is everyone in this forum supposed to vilify him?

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I already stated there is nothing wrong with Bethel and Bill Johnson's beliefs.

Is everyone in this forum supposed to vilify him?
Your posts seem to me to not be in agreement with each other. I'm done engaging with you.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Are you saying God takes control of my body and does the work without me realizing it?

Let's use an example to clarify what you mean, how will your definition here apply to fasting?

We are taught to walk in the Spirit.

If we give Him permission to work through us, He can.

If we proceed outside His will His presence is dissipated.

Then we are walking in the Flesh.

If we walk in the Spirit He is empowering us so it is no longer I that liveth but Christ that lives in me.

Fasting out of His will in the flesh will likely come to nothing, and can lead to confusion.

I have given Him my eyes - he commonly takes over where I look if I am searching for something.

I have given Him my voice - I have on occasions found myself saying stuff that I would never have thought to say.

I have given Him my feet - on occasions He has led me exactly to someone in need and empowered me to see that need met.

We often can realise it at the time as our mind gives way to His indwelling Spirit.

Last edited:

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Fasting out of His will in the flesh will likely come to nothing, and can lead to confusion.

So even if I fast in his will, would I still be the one doing the fasting?

I will still feel the hunger even if I was fasting in his will, you would agree with that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So even if I fast in his will, would I still be the one doing the fasting?

I will still feel the hunger even if I was fasting in his will, you would agree with that?

Is God willing and doing of His good purpose as Scripture says ?

When I fast in His will I do not feel hungry. But this is a personal issue. However I seems that Jesus did also if you read Matt 4

2 And after He had fasted for forty days and forty nights, He then became hungry.

• Wow
Reactions: sunlover1
Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Is God willing and doing of His good purpose as Scripture says ?

When I fast in His will I do not feel hungry. But this is a personal issue. However I seems that Jesus did also if you read Matt 4

2 And after He had fasted for forty days and forty nights, He then became hungry.

Yes so my point is fasting is a work that man do.

Even if he wants you to fast, God is not going to fast through you, nor will he be fasting for you.

You have no problem believing that Noah must do the work to build the ark, even if it was Gods will, so why are you belaboring this point of mine?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yes so my point is fasting is a work that man do.

Even if he wants you to fast, God is not going to fast through you, nor will he be fasting for you.

You have no problem believing that Noah must do the work to build the ark, even if it was Gods will, so why are you belaboring this point of mine?
Sorry but you seem to struggle in understanding the New Covenant.

Are you a Jew ?

Where do you fellowship ?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well if you yourself said - if you don't want to answer we should move on.

Have a great day.

Yep, since we cannot even agree on the basic difference between faith and work, no point proceeding on.

I take it that you regard the fasting, praying, seeking God's face etc in that post, as all "not works" then.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yep, since we cannot even agree on the basic difference between faith and work, no point proceeding on.

I take it that you regard the fasting, praying, seeking God's face etc in that post, as all "not works" then.
They are His Works if in His Will and empowered by His Spirit.

Another reason I withdraw is because you avoid questions about yourself and you even block your profile.

How do we know you don't intend wear down the saints with questions.

Are you in fellowship?

No responce.

Are you a Jew?

No response.

What is your motive?

No response.

I have given you much more time than many.

I could be talking to a Bot.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

ARBITER01

Legend
Aug 12, 2007
✟164,234.00
Country
United States
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
When I fast in His will I do not feel hungry.
This is correct. I've experienced this before. I went 2 1/2 weeks without being hungry at all, but I had to take protein drinks and supplements to not get too weak though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So if you want to use this definition for works, for Noah, who was the one that did the work to build the ark?

Was it Noah or God?
Again you show little understanding of the New Covenant in which His very person of the Holy Spirit indwells permanently. This was predicted in a Covenant to come by Jeremiah and Ezekiel.

If you understood that you would not refer back to Noah.

Upvote 0

Carl Emerson

Dec 18, 2017
Auckland
✟380,360.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is correct. I've experienced this before. I went 2 1/2 weeks without being hungry at all, but I had to take protein drinks and supplements to not get too weak though.

Ahhh... that we would learn to eat of the food that they knew not of !!!

Upvote 0

jiminpa

Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2004
✟284,013.00
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
They are His Works if in His Will and empowered by His Spirit.

Another reason I withdraw is because you avoid questions about yourself and you even block your profile.

How do we know you don't intend wear down the saints with questions.

Are you in fellowship?

No responce.

Are you a Jew?

No response.

What is your motive?

No response.

I have given you much more time than many.

I could be talking to a Bot.
In other sub forums he's used this website as a reference. I think it will answer all of those questions. For What Saith the Scriptures?. It's dispensationalist, extreme cessationist, and has a waiting for the mothership kind of feel to it. I think it's consistent with the content of his posts here.

Upvote 0

Guojing

Apr 11, 2019
sg
✟217,841.00
Country
Singapore
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Again you show little understanding of the New Covenant in which His very person of the Holy Spirit indwells permanently. This was predicted in a Covenant to come by Jeremiah and Ezekiel.

If you understood that you would not refer back to Noah.

In the first place, we are neither the House of Israel nor the House of Judah, so unless you are into replacement theology, the New Covenant is still a future for them.

So for Noah, you believe that it is God's will for him to build an ark (Genesis 6:14), but he was not empowered by the Spirit to do so? Is that the case?

Upvote 0