Can we/you number the amount of quantum particles in the universe...?

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
The fact that we can see 46.5 billion years away, means we can see 46.5 billion years ago, which is about three times older than they thought and accepted as truth about the age of the universe... Though the universe is much older than that even... The fact that, of what we can see of the universe, which is not all of it, it has "no definable center" as far as they can tell, nor can we determine a center even being present... We can see no definable edge or originating center to the universe from the limits of what we can see...

God Bless!
Time may not be the fixed thing we think it is, if there were another civilization like us, on the edge of what we can see 46.5 billion light years away, and they were looking at us through one of their telescopes, what they would be seeing would be 46.5 billion years old or ago, or would it be...? And is what were seeing of them really so...?

Since time seems to be flexible depending on speed, and motion and distance (or space)... If you were traveling at the exact speed of light, time is meaningless, only speed and distance matter, really you are only in "real time" considering the universe, when you are in motion at the exact speed of light...

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Neogaia777 said:
The fact that we can see 46.5 billion years away, means we can see 46.5 billion years ago, which is about three times older than they thought and accepted as truth about the age of the universe... Though the universe is much older than that even... The fact that, of what we can see of the universe, which is not all of it, it has "no definable center" as far as they can tell, nor can we determine a center even being present... We can see no definable edge or originating center to the universe from the limits of what we can see...

Is that right? It seems that what was meant was that the early forms that would become galaxies, at the furthest reaches that could be seen in the universe, were closer to 13.8 billion light-years away, from what is seen now, but now they are galaxies at that further distance, with the expansion of the universe understood to be accelerating, to be seen if there are any to see at that stage so much farther in the future of our locality. In evolutionary thinking even this world will not be here then as it is.

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Neogaia777 said:
Time may not be the fixed thing we think it is, if there were another civilization like us, on the edge of what we can see 46.5 billion light years away, and they were looking at us through one of their telescopes, what they would be seeing would be 46.5 billion years old or ago, or would it be...? And is what were seeing of them really so...?

The present is not a fixed thing for meaningful reality in such a context. What could be seen through others' telescopes from the edge of what any here can see through the most powerful telescopes would only be light from the brightest stars near our solar system. What would be seen from here would not be from things shining from 46.5 billion years ago, the claim is that the most distant galaxies in the expanding universe have moved away faster than the speed of light, and what we can see now of what was shining thousands of millions of years ago have over time faded from visibility from here, and won't be seen still in thousands of millions of years from here, likewise light from bright stars around our solar system from our time won't ever be visible to any telescopes there, though light that was shining from bright stars around our solar system thousands of millions of years ago would have been visible.

Since time seems to be flexible depending on speed, and motion and distance (or space)... If you were traveling at the exact speed of light, time is meaningless, only speed and distance matter, really you are only in "real time" considering the universe, when you are in motion at the exact speed of light...

This seemed to be a rather meaningless statement, maybe what was meant should be clarified. If time were meaningless in a circumstance that circumstance would not be the only one to be in real time.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Is that right? It seems that what was meant was that the early forms that would become galaxies, at the furthest reaches that could be seen in the universe, were closer to 13.8 billion light-years away, from what is seen now, but now they are galaxies at that further distance, with the expansion of the universe understood to be accelerating, to be seen if there are any to see at that stage so much farther in the future of our locality. In evolutionary thinking even this world will not be here then as it is.
Look, It did not originate from one point 13.8 billion years ago, cause, if it did, that matter 46.5 billion light years away, would have to have been moving at speeds multiple times the speed of light, and I think that there is proof that they were not moving that fast...

And that is just edge of "known universe", or as far as we can see right now, and there seems to be no way...? They think it may be "much larger" than what we can see, and there is not definable center (point) yet, or may never be... And to be much larger than that, and that material at many multiple times the speed of light, it becomes increasingly impossible and increasingly unlikely that it all came from one point only 13.8 billion years ago... It is older than that, much older...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Look, It did not originate from one point 13.8 billion years ago, cause, if it did, that matter 46.5 billion light years away, would have to have been moving at speeds multiple times the speed of light, and I think that there is proof that they were not moving that fast...

And that is just edge of "known universe", or as far as we can see right now, and there seems to be no way...? They think it may be "much larger" than what we can see, and there is not definable center (point) yet, or may never be... And to be much larger than that, and that material at many multiple times the speed of light, it becomes increasingly impossible and increasingly unlikely that it all came from one point only 13.8 billion years ago... It is older than that, much older...

God Bless!
We will never be able to know whether the universe has a definable center or not, because it seems as if everything is extending outward from everything else, for one, and for another from our or any vantage point in the universe, because of the way it is expanding, from any vantage point in it, it will always seem as if everything is expanding outward from your vantage point and near equal levels all around you, outward from you...

But that may or may not be the case, and there is really, no any real way to know for sure... If it all does have a center, I don't see how we could know it, for sure, and but if it does, it is much, much older than the current age most think the universe is...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:
It seems that what was meant was that the early forms that would become galaxies, at the furthest reaches that could be seen in the universe, were closer to 13.8 billion light-years away, from what is seen now, but now they are galaxies at that further distance, with the expansion of the universe understood to be accelerating, to be seen if there are any to see at that stage so much farther in the future of our locality. In evolutionary thinking even this world will not be here then as it is.

The present is not a fixed thing for meaningful reality in such a context. What could be seen through others' telescopes from the edge of what any here can see through the most powerful telescopes would only be light from the brightest stars near our solar system. What would be seen from here would not be from things shining from 46.5 billion years ago, the claim is that the most distant galaxies in the expanding universe have moved away faster than the speed of light, and what we can see now of what was shining thousands of millions of years ago have over time faded from visibility from here, and won't be seen still in thousands of millions of years from here, likewise light from bright stars around our solar system from our time won't ever be visible to any telescopes there, though light that was shining from bright stars around our solar system thousands of millions of years ago would have been visible.

If time were meaningless in a circumstance that circumstance would not be the only one to be in real time.

Neogaia777 said:

We will never be able to know whether the universe has a definable center or not, because it seems as if everything is extending outward from everything else, for one, and for another from our or any vantage point in the universe, because of the way it is expanding, from any vantage point in it, it will always seem as if everything is expanding outward from your vantage point and near equal levels all around you, outward from you...

But that may or may not be the case, and there is really, no any real way to know for sure... If it all does have a center, I don't see how we could know it, for sure, and but if it does, it is much, much older than the current age most think the universe is...

God Bless!

It is not my statement that argues that the universe started from a point 13.8 thousand million years ago. There are scientists determining such from observations, but I won't have an argument for it one way or another. I don't think there is basis for concluding the universe is much older. I don't see a claim that galaxies themselves were observed moving much faster than the speed of light, so there should be sources of this claim. I understand there is claim that all the space in the universe expands, and so where it is far enough, bodies could move away from us faster than lightspeed, but this would be the expanding space, not the bodies moving faster than light. Galaxies seen at the furthest distance then at the time they are seen now here were not moving apart faster than lightspeed, but those most distant galaxies now are much further, where they would move apart from here much faster, and would not be seen from here anymore. This I understand is being claimed among scientists. It isn't really known though that the universe is bigger than what can be observed. It is thought to be, but I think there isn't basis for that and it isn't known, and this is also not my claim. If you have proof that galaxies are not moving from us so much from that expansion from space, I would be interested in hearing about that.

With such expansion of space that they conclude there is from observations, the appearance of all distant galaxies would appear the same in different places. So if the universe is bigger, beyond what is the observable universe, without an outer edge, though it may curve around in curved space, there would be no defined center in the universe, as it would be the same sort of general observation of the distant galaxies anywhere in the universe.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Let me get this straight, there was an explosion (that came from nothing, anyway...) There was an/this explosion of matter/material/energy from a single center point (of origin) in/of the universe that would be the center of the universe, that everything would be expanding from away from, (in way as would happen as an explosion), if the universe is truly accelerating in that expansion, (and I think it is, but we'll get to that later) approximately 13-14 billion years ago, right...?

The numbers are astounding... The observable universe now, let alone the "entire universe"... There are trillions, or is it hundreds of trillions, I can't remember...? Anyway, at least multiple trillions of galaxies, each containing hundreds of billions of stars and star systems, and God knows how many planets in what is now the observable universe to us and they've hit a limit, it's as far as we can see with our technology and technological level right now for some reason, the observable universe is 46.5 billion light years around us, still no definable center...

The fact is is that the universe is really not behaving like it originated or is or has originated from a single center point explosion, and it is beginning to look less and less like that, but there is no current explanation for it so, nothing has changed (yet)... The universe "is expanding and seems to be speeding up", but, like I said, it is expanding or appears to be expanding but not like it originated from one single center point of origin... In fact it may be expanding and accelerating in direct counter-force, or in direct proportion to, the force that would cause it all collapse in on itself, and the universe could be perpetual, or nearly perpetual, due to this balance...

Then there is the "vantage point" issue... There is no way to know where the center of the universe, nor even if it even has a center, because from anywhere you are in it, even if it did all come from one single point of origin, and it (the universe) is expanding outward from that, and it is accelerating, if you were a a particle in the in the middle of a wave of particles being exploded from it (the center) (that one single point of origin "only 13-14 billion years old") (get to that in a bit)...

From where you were as the particle, you are in motion with the explosion, and if you were to examine your surroundings, from anywhere you were in the universe, looking at the other particles around you, it would seem that they are all proceeding at equidistant speeds in all directions proportional, all outward and away from you and it always seems as if you are the center, so how do you know if your in the center..? You can't... How do you detect or locate or somehow determine or measure the center...? You can't...

From any vantage point, even if you were truly in the center, it would be just like being anywhere else in it (the universe), so how would you know the difference...? And then like I said, it doesn't seem to be accelerating and expanding outward "FROM A SINGLE POINT OF ORIGIN", yet, and I don't know that it ever will...

Anyway, Then there is the age issue...? If the universe is only 13-14 billion years old, how come we can see 46.5 billion light years away from us in all directions, it would be 46.5 billion years old or from 46.5 billion years ago...? Then, How did all that matter and material get that far away from us if the universe is only 13-14 billion years old...? And that is only the observable universe, many theorize that the there much more, maybe very much more, maybe spanning for trillions light years... But it's all only 13-14 billion years old...? Doesn't make sense at all...?

It would have had to have been traveling or all moving a multiple times the speed of light, and we know it is accelerating and expanding, but not that fast, not by a long shot, so how's that work...? And it's supposed to be moving even faster than that due to accelerating...? What??? How's that work...? Matter cannot travel past the speed of light, let alone multiple times it, it doesn't make sense...?

I think the universe is older, maybe even much older, or very much more older, possibly than we ever thought it was, or maybe even perhaps we ever imagined it to be, and I don't know about it's coming from a single center point of origin, but that's just me...

Then let's not even get into gravitation, time, dimension and how that all comes to play with all of this...

God Bless!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
Let me get this straight, there was an explosion (that came from nothing, anyway...) There was an/this explosion of matter/material/energy from a single center point (of origin) in/of the universe that would be the center of the universe, that everything would be expanding from away from, (in way as would happen as an explosion), if the universe is truly accelerating in that expansion, (and I think it is, but we'll get to that later) approximately 13-14 billion years ago, right...?

The numbers are astounding... The observable universe now, let alone the "entire universe"... There are trillions, or is it hundreds of trillions, I can't remember...? Anyway, at least multiple trillions of galaxies, each containing hundreds of billions of stars and star systems, and God knows how many planets in what is now the observable universe to us and they've hit a limit, it's as far as we can see with our technology and technological level right now for some reason, the observable universe is 46.5 billion light years around us, still no definable center...

The fact is is that the universe is really not behaving like it originated or is or has originated from a single center point explosion, and it is beginning to look less and less like that, but there is no current explanation for it so, nothing has changed (yet)... The universe "is expanding and seems to be speeding up", but, like I said, it is expanding or appears to be expanding but not like it originated from one single center point of origin... In fact it may be expanding and accelerating in direct counter-force, or in direct proportion to, the force that would cause it all collapse in on itself, and the universe could be perpetual, or nearly perpetual, due to this balance...

Then there is the "vantage point" issue... There is no way to know where the center of the universe, nor even if it even has a center, because from anywhere you are in it, even if it did all come from one single point of origin, and it (the universe) is expanding outward from that, and it is accelerating, if you were a a particle in the in the middle of a wave of particles being exploded from it (the center) (that one single point of origin "only 13-14 billion years old") (get to that in a bit)...

From where you were as the particle, you are in motion with the explosion, and if you were to examine your surroundings, from anywhere you were in the universe, looking at the other particles around you, it would seem that they are all proceeding at equidistant speeds in all directions proportional, all outward and away from you and it always seems as if you are the center, so how do you know if your in the center..? You can't... How do you detect or locate or somehow determine or measure the center...? You can't...

From any vantage point, even if you were truly in the center, it would be just like being anywhere else in it (the universe), so how would you know the difference...? And then like I said, it doesn't seem to be accelerating and expanding outward "FROM A SINGLE POINT OF ORIGIN", yet, and I don't know that it ever will...

Anyway, Then there is the age issue...? If the universe is only 13-14 billion years old, how come we can see 46.5 billion light years away from us in all directions, it would be 46.5 billion years old or from 46.5 billion years ago...? Then, How did all that matter and material get that far away from us if the universe is only 13-14 billion years old...? And that is only the observable universe, many theorize that the there much more, maybe very much more, maybe spanning for trillions light years... But it's all only 13-14 billion years old...? Doesn't make sense at all...?

It would have had to have been traveling or all moving a multiple times the speed of light, and we know it is accelerating and expanding, but not that fast, not by a long shot, so how's that work...? And it's supposed to be moving even faster than that due to accelerating...? What??? How's that work...? Matter cannot travel past the speed of light, let alone multiple times it, it doesn't make sense...?

I think the universe is older, maybe even much older, or very much more older, possibly than we ever thought it was, or maybe even perhaps we ever imagined it to be, and I don't know about it's coming from a single center point of origin, but that's just me...

Then let's not even get into gravitation, time, dimension and how that all comes to play with all of this...

God Bless!
So, and in considering what is probably the true age of the universe, and also the sheer vastness of it, and the "numbers" in that...?

I conclude that were not the only ones... And we were not always the only ones before this, and we will not always be the only ones after this...

What did the ones before us do...? How far did they get or go...? What happened to and with them...? Where did they go...? And where are they now...?

God Bless!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate

God Bless!

So, and in considering what is probably the true age of the universe, and also the sheer vastness of it, and the "numbers" in that...?

I conclude that were not the only ones... And we were not always the only ones before this, and we will not always be the only ones after this...

What did the ones before us do...? How far did they get or go...? What happened to and with them...? Where did they go...? And where are they now...?

God Bless!
We cannot find or determine a single origin point or center, nor edge... And if it did disperse from a single center in a kind of like an explosion, then we should be able to see some evidence of that, even if we could see just maybe a quarter of the explosion, or just 10% of it, we should see some evidence of that explosion, like being able to discern a center or edge, unless were just not seeing very much and the universe is simply larger than we maybe can imagine, or have imagined... And we, seeing 46.5 billion light years out, may only be seeing a small fraction of the universe in it's entirety...

Then try and do the math...

Then there is the fact that the earth is said to be 4.6 billion years old, and the "entire universe", (anyway), The earth is said to 4.6 billion years old, right...? And what, and how old is our star...? Cause see, I don't know if we have that right, cause it takes a certain amount of time for stars and their systems to form, how long was that...? Say it took 6 billion years (which I think It might have taken longer possibly, anyway), Say it took 6 billion years for this star and it solar system of ours to form... Then that leaves, what? 3 billion years for the universe to have expanded out to us and to have placed us where we are at, right?, for a total (age) of aprox. 13.8 billion years, right?

Not quite, if this solar system including earth is aprox. 10-11 billion years old, then what about stars and star systems that exist both before and after ours, maybe some 5-10 billion years before ours or maybe more, anyway, then how long did it take our galaxy to form so those stars could form...? Or other galaxies before or after ours...?

Then, out further, strings of hundreds of millions of galaxies and clusters of up to billions, for a total of several trillions and that is only as far as we can see 46.5 billion light years out. (which I mentioned might only be a small fraction) Those strings and clusters all seem to pushing out from some dark pockets pretty equally across the board and this is the pattern of the expansion that I was saying about it not being like an explosion or expanding maybe nor originating from a single center... Anyway, all that had to take much longer than 13.8 billion years...

Anyway, the universe has to be so very much older than we think it is, and it may be very much larger as well, and I don't know about it originating from a single center point yet either...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Neogaia777 said:

Neogaia777 said:

Neogaia777 said:
Anyone...?

I would not answer as if with having my own qualifications for saying how things are known. But I do agree, the mass of all the universe, of what is in range to be viewed, and any of it beyond that which is known, never would have started in a nondimensional point. All the mass would have had all the gravitation with it which with there would be no big bang, if there were to be such beginning for the universe. It would not be just nothing preceding that, either. Without necessary existence which would already be, and with being necessary, not being limited in any way, there would be nothing, and never ever be anything but nothing. So there is always this necessary existence, though we don't see that anything of the universe is that.

The force with which it would collapse is all the gravitation that there is with all the mass of the universe. This force is much greater than any of the most massive super black holes, and there would never have been the big bang, with that. There is another force that is spoken of for explaining the expansion, with which that expansion of the universe is apparently accelerating.

I don't think there is that claim of galaxies seen from 46.5 billion lightyears away. It might be claimed that this is how far away they are now, but what would be seen of them is from the time that the light from those could have traveled here, that not being 46.5 billion years.

I would not claim there were others before that presumed beginning, other than the necessary existence, which always continues.

I have to leave it to explanations from the information scientists have for this, for anything further, that I can't explain from my own knowledge.

How Old is the Universe?

According to research, the universe is approximately 13.8 billion years old. They can determine the age of the universe using two different methods: by studying the oldest objects within the universe and measuring how fast it is expanding.

The universe cannot be younger than the objects contained inside of it. By determining the ages of the oldest stars, scientists are able to put a limit on the age.

The life cycle of a star is based on its mass. More massive stars burn faster than their lower-mass siblings. A star 10 times as massive as the sun will burn through its fuel supply in 20 million years, while a star with half the sun's mass will last more than 20 billion years. The mass also affects the brightness, or luminosity, of a star; more massive stars are brighter.

Known as Population III stars, the first stars were massive and short-lived. They contained only hydrogen and helium, but through fusion began to create the elements that would help to build the next generation of stars. Scientists have been hunting for traces of the first stars for decades.

"Those stars were the ones that formed the first heavy atoms that ultimately allowed us to be here," David Sobral, an astronomer from the University of Lisbon in Portugal, said in a statement. Sobral was part of a team that identified a bright galaxy with evidence of Population III stars.

"The detection of dust in the early universe provides new information on when the first supernovae exploded and hence the time when the first hot stars bathed the universe in light," ESO officials said in a statement. "Determining the timing of this 'cosmic dawn' is one of the holy grails of modern astronomy, and it can be indirectly probed through the study of early interstellar dust."

Early stars aren't the only way to place limits on the age of the universe. Dense collections of stars known as globular clusters have similar characteristics. The oldest known globular clusters have stars with ages that appear to be between 11 and 18 billion years old. The wide range comes from problems in pinpointing the distances to the clusters, which affects estimates of brightness and thus mass. If the cluster is farther away than scientists have measured, the stars would be brighter, thus more massive, thus younger than calculated.

"Just like archaeologists use fossils to reconstruct the history of the Earth, astronomers use globular clusters to reconstruct the history of the galaxy," Andrea Kunder told Space.com. "There are only about 150 globular clusters known in the Milky Way Galaxy, so each of these globular clusters is an important tracer of the galactic halo and the formation of the Milky Way Galaxy."

The uncertainty still creates a limit to the age of the universe; it must be at least 11 billion years old. It can be older, but not younger.

The universe we live in is not flat and unchanging, but constantly expanding. If the expansion rate is known, scientists can work backwards to determine the universe's age. Thus, finding the expansion rate of the universe — a number known as the Hubble constant — is key.

A number of factors determine the value of this constant. The first is the type of matter that dominates the universe. Scientists must determine the proportion of regular and dark matter to dark energy. Density also plays a role. A universe with a low density of matter is older than a matter-dominated one.

To determine the density and composition of the universe, scientists rely on missions such as NASA's Wilkinson Microwave Anisotropy Probe (WMAP) and The European Space Agency's Planck spacecraft. By measuring the thermal radiation left over from the Big Bang, missions such as these are able to determine the density, composition and expansion rate of the universe. The leftover radiation is known as the cosmic microwave background, and both WMAP and Planck have mapped it.

In 2012, WMAP estimated the age of the universe to be 13.772 billion years, with an uncertainty of 59 million years. In 2013, Planck measured the age of the universe at 13.82 billion years. Both of these fall within the lower limit of 11 billion years independently derived from the globular clusters, and both have smaller uncertainties than that number.

NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has also contributed to narrowing down the age of the universe by reducing the uncertainty of the Hubble constant. Combined with the WMAP measurements, scientists were able to make independent calculations of the pull of dark energy.

"Just over a decade ago, using the words 'precision' and 'cosmology' in the same sentence was not possible, and the size and age of the universe was not known to better than a factor of two," Wendy Freedman of the Observatories of the Carnegie Institution for Science in Pasadena, California, said in a statement. Freedman lead the study that used Spitzer to refine the Hubble constant. "Now we are talking about accuracies of a few percent."

Neogaia777 said:
We cannot find or determine a single origin point or center, nor edge... And if it did disperse from a single center in a kind of like an explosion, then we should be able to see some evidence of that, even if we could see just maybe a quarter of the explosion, or just 10% of it, we should see some evidence of that explosion, like being able to discern a center or edge, unless were just not seeing very much and the universe is simply larger than we maybe can imagine, or have imagined... And we, seeing 46.5 billion light years out, may only be seeing a small fraction of the universe in it's entirety...

Then try and do the math...

Then there is the fact that the earth is said to be 4.6 billion years old, and the "entire universe", (anyway), The earth is said to 4.6 billion years old, right...? And what, and how old is our star...? Cause see, I don't know if we have that right, cause it takes a certain amount of time for stars and their systems to form, how long was that...? Say it took 6 billion years (which I think It might have taken longer possibly, anyway), Say it took 6 billion years for this star and it solar system of ours to form... Then that leaves, what? 3 billion years for the universe to have expanded out to us and to have placed us where we are at, right?, for a total (age) of aprox. 13.8 billion years, right?

Not quite, if this solar system including earth is aprox. 10-11 billion years old, then what about stars and star systems that exist both before and after ours, maybe some 5-10 billion years before ours or maybe more, anyway, then how long did it take our galaxy to form so those stars could form...? Or other galaxies before or after ours...?

Then, out further, strings of hundreds of millions of galaxies and clusters of up to billions, for a total of several trillions and that is only as far as we can see 46.5 billion light years out. (which I mentioned might only be a small fraction) Those strings and clusters all seem to pushing out from some dark pockets pretty equally across the board and this is the pattern of the expansion that I was saying about it not being like an explosion or expanding maybe nor originating from a single center... Anyway, all that had to take much longer than 13.8 billion years...

Anyway, the universe has to be so very much older than we think it is, and it may be very much larger as well, and I don't know about it originating from a single center point yet either...!

Indeed it would not have been an explosion out from a single point at the center, that doesn't work for an explanation.

Upvote 0

Justatruthseeker

Site Supporter
Jun 4, 2013
Tulsa, OK USA
✟155,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Widowed
Politics
US-Others
And 99.9% percent of it seems to be empty space, and the spaces in-between are vast on any level...

Comments...?

God Bless!

I wouldn't put too much faith in "man's" claims of vast empty space.

Ulysses (spacecraft) - Wikipedia

"Data provided by Ulysses led to the discovery that dust coming into the Solar System from deep space was 30 times more abundant than previously expected."

So to put this in perspective it would be like finding out you were wrong about the number of flowers at the edge of your yard by a factor of 30, but thinking you can accurately predict the number of flowers on the other side of the earth.....

If you can't get the amount of dust coming into the solar system correct, but are off by a factor of 30 (right next door cosmologically speaking) you can be sure they are not even anywhere near close hundreds of thousands and millions of light years distant......

I mean really, until we got a probe up they couldn't even see the brightest thing in the sky by a factor of two to three....

Heliosphere - Wikipedia

"Initial data from Interstellar Boundary Explorer (IBEX), launched in October 2008, revealed a previously unpredicted "very narrow ribbon that is two to three times brighter than anything else in the sky."

And you think they might be able to accurately predict how empty space actually is when they can't even get it right, right next door?????

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SkyWriting

The Librarian
Site Supporter
Jan 10, 2010
Milwaukee
✟410,948.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
"Just over a decade ago, using the words 'precision' and 'cosmology' in the same sentence was not possible, and the size and age of the universe was not known to better than a factor of two," Wendy Freedman of the Observatories of the Carnegie Institution for Science in Pasadena, California, said in a statement. Freedman lead the study that used Spitzer to refine the Hubble constant. "Now we are talking about accuracies of a few percent."

Few persons considers Wendy to be the final word on the age of the Cosmos.

Upvote 0

DogmaHunter

Code Monkey
Jan 26, 2014
Antwerp
✟150,895.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Can we/you number the amount of quantum particles in the entire universe...?

God can... And he knows all of them by name, or that is to say, he knows fully them all...

How many quarks or quantum particles are in an atom...?

How many atoms are their in a molecule...?

How many molecules are in a cell...?

How many cells are in a living thing...?

How many living things are in a world...?

How many worlds are in a galaxy...?

How many galaxies are in a universe...?

How many universes are there...?

And, is there anything beyond the universe...?

And 99.9% percent of it seems to be empty space, and the spaces in-between are vast on any level...

All of it based a mathematics and mathematical laws, which says "order", which says "design", which says there is a "designer"...

Can you, or how do we not, "see" that...?

Comments...?

God Bless!

Nice argument from ignorance / incredulity.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

FredVB

Mar 11, 2010
America
Visit site
✟267,462.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
FredVB said:
I would not answer as if with having my own qualifications for saying how things are known. But I do agree, the mass of all the universe, of what is in range to be viewed, and any of it beyond that which is known, never would have started in a nondimensional point. All the mass would have had all the gravitation with it which with there would be no big bang, if there were to be such beginning for the universe. It would not be just nothing preceding that, either. Without necessary existence which would already be, and with being necessary, not being limited in any way, there would be nothing, and never ever be anything but nothing. So there is always this necessary existence, though we don't see that anything of the universe is that.

I don't think there is that claim of galaxies seen from 46.5 billion lightyears away. It might be claimed that this is how far away they are now, but what would be seen of them is from the time that the light from those could have traveled here, that not being 46.5 billion years.

I have to leave it to explanations from the information scientists have for this, for anything further, that I can't explain from my own knowledge.

How Old is the Universe?

In 2012, WMAP estimated the age of the universe to be 13.772 billion years, with an uncertainty of 59 million years. In 2013, Planck measured the age of the universe at 13.82 billion years. Both of these fall within the lower limit of 11 billion years independently derived from the globular clusters, and both have smaller uncertainties than that number.

NASA's Spitzer Space Telescope has also contributed to narrowing down the age of the universe by reducing the uncertainty of the Hubble constant. Combined with the WMAP measurements, scientists were able to make independent calculations of the pull of dark energy.

SkyWriting said:
Few persons considers Wendy to be the final word on the age of the Cosmos.

This misses the point of what I said in the post. I answered what I could of my understanding, as I said.

There isn't basis to say that the universe must have started 46.5 billion years ago, and it cannot be explained how all the mass of the whole universe came from a nondimensional point. I could speak to that. It is beyond my ability and I have to appeal to what scientists themselves explain how the age of the universe is determined. What I have shown does not all rest on one individual, such as Wendy Freedman, but there isn't something wrong in what Freedman said. There is the consensus with the approaches that determine what the age of the universe is, that they are showing.

I could not determine it like that, as I say. But what scientists determine for the age is not at all the 46.5 billion years claimed for it, that I was responding to. This was why I answered with what was quoted. If the universe was made with billions of years involved up to now, there is not really basis to say it was started 46.5 billion years ago.

Upvote 0

Neogaia777

Old Soul
Site Supporter
Oct 10, 2011
Oregon
✟958,691.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Celibate
This misses the point of what I said in the post. I answered what I could of my understanding, as I said.

There isn't basis to say that the universe must have started 46.5 billion years ago, and it cannot be explained how all the mass of the whole universe came from a nondimensional point. I could speak to that. It is beyond my ability and I have to appeal to what scientists themselves explain how the age of the universe is determined. What I have shown does not all rest on one individual, such as Wendy Freedman, but there isn't something wrong in what Freedman said. There is the consensus with the approaches that determine what the age of the universe is, that they are showing.

I could not determine it like that, as I say. But what scientists determine for the age is not at all the 46.5 billion years claimed for it, that I was responding to. This was why I answered with what was quoted. If the universe was made with billions of years involved up to now, there is not really basis to say it was started 46.5 billion years ago.
We can account for 46.5 billion light years of time, travel and motion and drift of the objects "away from us as the center" (which is part of the logic problem) (I will explain in a minute) (cause it should not all be really moving out and away from us as the center and at increasing speeds the further away) (anyway).. We can account for all of those factors of how long ago were seeing them away opposed to where they are or should be now, and the age still has to be older than 46.5 billion years old, considering everything we now know and can see and all the evidence, it all has to be much older than 13.8 billion years old...

We should not appear to be the center but we do, and determining what and where and how fast objects are moving or not moving away from what or us, is all flawed, cause everything could really be moving at and equal rate everywhere or nothing could be really even moving at all maybe...

Anyway, if it were a big bang, we should some kind of dispersal pattern, or some curvature of it or to it, what we can see of the universe, unless were not seeing very much of it at all, that is, which should place the center origin point, if it has one, way, way far away, and making the universe unbelievably huge...

And we say it's speeding up or the expansion is speeding up because of the Big Bang, when if the Big Bang were true, it should be slowing down, not speeding up, unless we were in the very beginning of it, which I don't believe... Their is another reason for the accelerating expansion...

We should not appear to be the center, especially wherever we are either...

God Bless!

Upvote 0

jayem

Naturalist
Jun 24, 2003
St. Louis, MO.
✟373,359.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I wouldn't put too much faith in "man's" claims of vast empty space.

Ulysses (spacecraft) - Wikipedia

"Data provided by Ulysses led to the discovery that dust coming into the Solar System from deep space was 30 times more abundant than previously expected."

So to put this in perspective it would be like finding out you were wrong about the number of flowers at the edge of your yard by a factor of 30, but thinking you can accurately predict the number of flowers on the other side of the earth.....

If you can't get the amount of dust coming into the solar system correct, but are off by a factor of 30 (right next door cosmologically speaking) you can be sure they are not even anywhere near close hundreds of thousands and millions of light years distant......

I mean really, until we got a probe up they couldn't even see the brightest thing in the sky by a factor of two to three....

Heliosphere - Wikipedia

"Initial data from Interstellar Boundary Explorer (IBEX), launched in October 2008, revealed a previously unpredicted "very narrow ribbon that is two to three times brighter than anything else in the sky."

And you think they might be able to accurately predict how empty space actually is when they can't even get it right, right next door?????

I'm not at all up on the latest cosmological thinking, but aren't there also neutrinos? It's my understanding that every cubic millimeter of the universe is filled with billions of them. Which to me, would seem to negate the idea of empty space.

Upvote 0