Can we/you number the amount of quantum particles in the universe...?

FrumiousBandersnatch

Mar 20, 2009
✟326,989.00
Faith
Atheist
Nah I don’t subscribe to that theory.
Quite - it has similar logical and philosophical flaws to the Simulation Hypothesis.

David Chalmers, the philosopher who named the 'Hard Problem' of consciousness, is currently working on a book, working title, 'Reality 2.0', which will be a detailed philosophical examination of Matrix-style artificial and virtual realities; he thinks, "... virtual reality, simulated reality is a genuine kind of reality. It’s not a fake or a second-class reality." I'm inclined to agree, from the insider's perspective - after all, we already live in a virtual reality of sorts - one that our brains construct from the neural spike trains coming from our senses. The world we think we see is a prediction, constantly corrected by sensory information.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

SpiritualBeing

Nov 21, 2018
Tampa
✟31,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Quite - it has similar logical and philosophical flaws to the Simulation Hypothesis.

David Chalmers, the philosopher who named the 'Hard Problem' of consciousness, is currently working on a book, working title, 'Reality 2.0', which will be a detailed philosophical examination of Matrix-style artificial and virtual realities; he thinks, "... virtual reality, simulated reality is a genuine kind of reality. It’s not a fake or a second-class reality." I'm inclined to agree, from the insider's perspective - after all, we already live in a virtual reality of sorts - one that our brains construct from the neural spike trains coming from our senses. The world we think we see is a prediction, constantly corrected by sensory information.
Sure it has similarities to Nick Bostrom’s theories but it’s not exactly the same.

Upvote 0