• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can someone go to heaven if they commit suidice?

Can someone go to heaven after suicide?

• Total voters

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Saul groaned to his armor bearer, “Take your sword and kill me before these pagan Philistines come to run me through and taunt and torture me.”
But his armor bearer was afraid and would not do it. So Saul took his own sword and fell on it. When his armor bearer realized that Saul was dead, he fell on his own sword and died beside the king. So Saul, his three sons, his armor bearer, and his troops all died together that same day.
Taylor I was thinking of the same scripture quote as well. David loved King Saul and also Jonathan too. David was even married to one King Sauls daughters so the bond of love between them was very deep. When King Saul died he went to be with Samual. That speaks very strongly of King Saul belonging to God. Along with David’s lamentation of grief with the passing of Jonathan and King Saul. I’m sure they were much loved of God.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Taylor I was thinking of the same scripture quote as well. David loved King Saul and also Jonathan too. David was even married to one King Sauls daughters so the bond of love between them was very deep. When King Saul died he went to be with Samual. That speaks very strongly of King Saul belonging to God. Along with David’s lamentation of grief with the passing of Jonathan and King Saul. I’m sure they were much loved of God.

The simple fact is (which many have a problem with).

A person is given eternal life because they believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah from Old Testament prophecies and have trusted in The Messiah for His gift of His eternal life.
If a person has done this then they will go to heaven as many people like to say it. Regardless of any actions they have done in the past or will do in future of their life.
The big question is, that needs to be asked is have they looked to The Messiah for life and not in any actions they are doing,(baptism, joining a church, repenting, following the ten commandments, etc...)

You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.

• Informative
Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0

Semper-Fi

Site Supporter
May 26, 2019
Pacific north west
✟407,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
God knows those who belong to Him. Give me a Bible verse of a Christian who took his own life.

Judges 16, Samson comes to mind,
killed himself and many others at the end of his life.

30And Samson said, Let me die with the Philistines. And he bowed himself with all his might; and the house fell upon the lords, and upon all the people that were therein. So the dead which he slew at his death were more than they which he slew in his life.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The simple fact is (which many have a problem with).

A person is given eternal life because they believe that Jesus is the promised Messiah from Old Testament prophecies and have trusted in The Messiah for His gift of His eternal life.
If a person has done this then they will go to heaven as many people like to say it. Regardless of any actions they have done in the past or will do in future of their life.
The big question is, that needs to be asked is have they looked to The Messiah for life and not in any actions they are doing,(baptism, joining a church, repenting, following the ten commandments, etc...)

You search the Scriptures, for in them you think you have eternal life; and these are they which testify of Me. But you are not willing to come to Me that you may have life.
Taylor one would agree. What are your views on other cultures who did not know of the promise. Such as the ancient orient, China, India, japan and even Australia where dream time and walk about were highly regarded as spending time with one’s Creator. All cultures seem to have a deep memory of the God. In China he was known as supreme God or supreme Ruler Shing Di. Are those people’s from those ancient civilisations who loved the God very much. Would they be under the promise of eternal life with the final fulfilment Of Jesus to give eternal life to who God pleases.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Taylor one would agree. What are your views on other cultures who did not know of the promise. Such as the ancient orient, China, India, japan and even Australia where dream time and walk about were highly regarded as spending time with one’s Creator. All cultures seem to have a deep memory of the God. In China he was known as supreme God or supreme Ruler Shing Di. Are those people’s from those ancient civilisations who loved the God very much. Would they be under the promise of eternal life with the final fulfilment Of Jesus to give eternal life to who God pleases.

That question can not be answered. the Bible simply does not address this exactly, there are a few areas like Romans 5:13, Acts 17:30, 2 Corinthians 5:19

But these verses simply do not state that a person never hearing about The Messiah goes to heaven or hell.

I just know eternal life is in the Messiah. The Bible is clear on that. As for the other, God is just, so what ever happens to those people it will be the correct judgment.

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
That question can not be answered. the Bible simply does not address this exactly, there are a few areas like Romans 5:13, Acts 17:30, 2 Corinthians 5:19

But these verses simply do not state that a person never hearing about The Messiah goes to heaven or hell.

I just know eternal life is in the Messiah. The Bible is clear on that. As for the other, God is just, so what ever happens to those people it will be the correct judgment.
Surely God can save who he pleases. For he has cleared the way to do so via his Son be that past, present or future. I think its some like shopping. I like that potato I like this banana and I like that lettuce too. But I not choose the over ripe or dirty one, even if they were able to talk and do start to grumble and complain I still not buy. I’m sure it’s the same with God. He either likes or he does like not. And whether the one has heard or not heard the message that is rather irrelevant to the equation with his choosing.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,849.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Surely God can save who he pleases. For he has cleared the way to do so via his Son be that past, present or future. I think its some like shopping. I like that potato I like this banana and I like that lettuce too. But I not choose the over ripe or dirty one, even if they were able to talk and do start to grumble and complain I still not buy. I’m sure it’s the same with God. He either likes or he does like not. And whether the one has heard or not heard the message that is rather irrelevant to the equation or his choosing.

Well according to the Bible the message of life has already preached to the whole world. What you may be seeing is where there are areas, that have people who have never heard of Jesus. Maybe because their forefathers rejected the message in the past.

Colossians 1
which has come to you, as it has also in all the world, and is bringing forth fruit, as it is also among you since the day you heard and knew the grace of God in truth;

if indeed you continue in the faith, grounded and steadfast, and are not moved away from the hope of the gospel which you heard, which was preached to every creature under heaven, of which I, Paul, became a minister.

• Informative
Upvote 0