• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Can someone go to heaven if they commit suidice?

Can someone go to heaven after suicide?

• Total voters

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
In which passage of scripture do you refer
Deuteronomy 22:20-21 and deuteronomy 22:23-24

....you know what, that's it. If there is no evidence in the bible where it says God or Jesus sees rape victims as virgin in seven days, I'll end it all. I'm sorry but I cant Stand it. It is better to be dead than to be a victim of sexual assault, being punished for something forced onto you, being unclean, impure, and never going to be healed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
There is no difference between innocence and virginity in the bible though. So they're either defiled or virgin. Which one is it?
I don't know where your getting your information but innocence and virginity are not the same thing in the Bible.

That... doesnt answer my question. What about those who were raped, not betrothed, not married? Do they maintain their virginity?
That depends on what you mean, with a girl if you break the seal she isn't a virgin again ever. Anyone who is the victim of a crime like rape is innocent of immorality, they were forced. Now if the perpetrator takes a girl virginity that's just part of the crime.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Kate30
Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Deuteronomy 22:20-21 and deuteronomy 22:23-24

....you know what, that's it. If there is no evidence in the bible where it says God or Jesus seeks rape victims as pure, in seven days, I'll end it all.
Devin Deuteronomy 22:20-21 does speak of a damsel who secretly played a harlot without her future husbands prior knowledge. Deuteronomy 22:20-21 speaks more of adultery. He did lay with her. And she did not scream. Not that a woman can always do in certain circumstances. I really don’t see those verses talking about rape .

Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Devin Deuteronomy 22:20-21 does speak of a damsel who secretly played a harlot without her future husbands prior knowledge. Deuteronomy 22:20-21 speaks more of adultery. He did lay with her. And she did not scream. Not that a woman can always do in certain circumstances. I really don’t see those verses talking about rape .
If a rape victim didnt scream she is automatically stoned.

I don't know where your getting your information but innocence and virginity are not the same thing in the Bible.

That depends on what you mean, with a girl if you break the seal she isn't a virgin again ever. Anyone who is the victim of a crime like rape is innocent of immorality, they were forced. Now if the perpetrator takes a girl virginity that's ust part of the crime.
Breaking the seal makes her impure and jesus cant heal her? Or him? Yeah, that sealed my fate. In 7 days I will end myself. Thanks God, for making your children suffer and to never heal someone who has been sexually violated, even if they were saving their virginity til marriage. But it was stolen, and youwill not restore the innocence, purity, and virginity that was lost. Thank you God, for driving me to kill myself. Amen.

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat

No she wasn't, rape has always been a crime.

Breaking the seal makes her impure and jesus cant heal her? Or him? Yeah, that sealed my fate. In 7 days I will end myself. Thanks God, for making your children suffer and to never heal someone who has been sexually violated, even if they were saving their virginity til marriage. But it was stolen, and youwill not restore the innocence, purity, and virginity that was lost. Thank you God, for driving me to kill myself. Amen.
Being defiled is not the same as the loss of innocence, while traumatic and debilitating in many ways it happens through no fault of your own. I'm sorry you have fallen into despair but there is no real reason for it. It's not a sin to be a victim of a crime, the sin falls on the perpetrator. Suicide doesn't fix anything, it just makes it permanent. Why don't you try to find a meeting like Celebrate Recovery, after a series of abusive relationships my daughter found them and is getting better.

Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
No she wasn't, rape has always been a crime.

Being defiled is not the same as the loss of innocence, while traumatic and debilitating in many ways it happens through no fault of your own. I'm sorry you have fallen into despair but there is no real reason for it. It's not a sin to be a victim of a crime, the sin falls on the perpetrator. Suicide doesn't fix anything, it just makes it permanent. Why don't you try to find a meeting like Celebrate Recovery, after a series of abusive relationships my daughter found them and is getting better.
If any of that is true, why is virginity tied with purity? What verses are there that say virginity and purity arent the same? Those who were raped in the bible, their lives were ruined. No one wants them after not being virgin. And Jesus wouldnt restore to them what was lost, wont he? Will they become virgin again in heaven or do they still have the same scars? Will they carry the shame, guilt, and depression in heaven? Why does Jesus not care about rape victims?

Upvote 0

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
If any of that is true, why is virginity tied with purity? What verses are there that say virginity and purity arent the same? Those who were raped in the bible, their lives were ruined. No one wants them after not being virgin. And Jesus wouldnt restore to them what was lost, wont he? Will they become virgin again in heaven or do they still have the same scars? Will they carry the shame, guilt, and depression in heaven? Why does Jesus not care about rape victims?
I don't know where you get your information but unmarried girls were considered virgins, because most of the time they were. If they voluntarily were having sex no one wanted to marry them because inheritance was based on the heirs being the product of fidelity within a marriage. I don't know what you would like to see restored but most of what we go through in this life is all but forgotten in heaven. Jesus said once if you cause one of these little ones (children to sin) it would be better to have a millstone tied to your neck and cast into the sea. Jesus care deeply about the victim and will judge the wicked for what they have done.

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed

Devin Deuteronomy 22:23-24 doesn’t actually imply rape at the beginning. It’s reads more like a case of adultry to begin with. The rape pleading does come later. It’s certainly not the best of evidence to condemn someone to death for not screaming rape if that was ever the case. And let’s honestly look at those passages. Deuteronomy 22:20-21 is definitely not talking about rape. Deuteronomy 22:23-24 could well be talking about adultery with rape being used as a defence by the lady in question. No legal system under man is perfect and mistakes are made. Devin I hope you would not do such a thing over such a grey area of scripture.

Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I don't know where you get your information but unmarried girls were considered virgins, because most of the time they were. If they voluntarily were having sex no one wanted to marry them because inheritance was based on the heirs being the product of fidelity within a marriage. I don't know what you would like to see restored but most of what we go through in this life is all but forgotten in heaven. Jesus said once if you cause one of these little ones (children to sin) it would be better to have a millstone tied to your neck and cast into the sea. Jesus care deeply about the victim and will judge the wicked for what they have done.
But he wouldnt restore what was taken. He wont heal them. And Purity and Virginity tie together, otherwise all the laws about virginity, and to marry a virgin, are lies. In leviticus there is a verse that says to marry a virgin, and only a virgin. Not the polluted. Jesus wont heal their virginities,purifies, innocence, scars, trauma, and there is no verse that proves otherwise.

In seven days, I'll try to ask Jesus why that is.

Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Devin Deuteronomy 22:23-24 doesn’t actually imply rape at the beginning. It’s reads more like a case of adultry to begin with. The rape pleading does come later. It’s certainly not the best of evidence to condemn someone to death for not screaming rape if that was ever the case. And let’s honestly look at those passages. Deuteronomy 22:20-21 is definitely not talking about rape. Deuteronomy 22:23-24 could well be talking about adultery with rape being used a defence by the lady in question. No legal system under man is perfect and mistakes are made. Devin I hope you would not do such a thing over such a grey area of scripture.
Then, find me a verse saying that those who are raped are still virgin, or that they are still pure. Or what jesus thinks of it. Because if I cant find any in the bible, I'll just shoot myself and ask him when... or if I go to heaven.

• Prayers
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mark kennedy

Natura non facit saltum
Site Supporter
Mar 16, 2004
Indianapolis, IN
✟549,630.00
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
But he wouldnt restore what was taken. He wont heal them. And Purity and Virginity tie together, otherwise all the laws about virginity, and to marry a virgin, are lies. In leviticus there is a verse that says to marry a virgin, and only a virgin. Not the polluted. Jesus wont heal their virginities,purifies, innocence, scars, trauma, and there is no verse that proves otherwise.

In seven days, I'll try to ask Jesus why that is.
Making the individual a virgin again wouldn't heal the underlying problem and we don't live in ancient Israel. There is healing for those who come to Jesus and there is nothing stopping you from asking Jesus to heal you right here and right now. I don't see how death is an answer to a problem that relates to the trauma of being the victim of a crime. If you have only given yourself a week maybe this will help, start a thread in the Prayer Wall forum. Just describe in the opening post what's going on and ask them to pray for you, I mean it's worth a try if you already feel like giving up. It could also make all the difference.

• Agree
Upvote 0

DevinCamary

May 12, 2018
Private
✟15,256.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Making the individual a virgin again wouldn't heal the underlying problem and we don't live in ancient Israel. There is healing for those who come to Jesus and there is nothing stopping you from asking Jesus to heal you right here and right now. I don't see how death is an answer to a problem that relates to the trauma of being the victim of a crime. If you have only given yourself a week maybe this will help, start a thread in the Prayer Wall forum. Just describe in the opening post what's going on and ask them to pray for you, I mean it's worth a try if you already feel like giving up. It could also make all the difference.
You just said we cant get back what we lost, and he cant heal the hurt, trauma, loss of innocence. And yes, killing myself will be the best option at this point. Maybe.

If I cant find any evidence or verse that says Jesus sees rape victims as virgin, then I will end it all. And there is nothing that is going to change my mind, unless someone else finds a verse that says that. Because at this point, I am done.

Upvote 0

Kate30

Mar 20, 2019
Oz
✟55,851.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Well, I'm feeling better now... I'm now holding that when the new heaven and earth come, God would undo what happened to us...
Devin I’m glad your feeling much better. And yes paradise lost shall one day be paradise restored. Hope you continue to have a nice day.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
The ones who are making me depressed are those saying that those who are raped had their virginities stolen, not able to get them back, and impure.

And you are avoiding my question. Can Jesus heal the wound Rape leaves. Can a rape victim who never had sex before remain a virgin?

I don't know the answer exactly as you word it; but God makes us CLEAN not impure! Those people who are saying that aren't God!

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Yes, that is if this person trusted in the Messiah for eternal life.
Also if that person is under the age of 19 God may not count that person as of age yet. That was the case for the Jews.
The carcasses of you who have complained against Me shall fall in this wilderness, all of you who were numbered, according to your entire number, from twenty years old and above.

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
God knows those who belong to Him. Give me a Bible verse of a Christian who took his own life.

Saul groaned to his armor bearer, “Take your sword and kill me before these pagan Philistines come to run me through and taunt and torture me.”
But his armor bearer was afraid and would not do it. So Saul took his own sword and fell on it. When his armor bearer realized that Saul was dead, he fell on his own sword and died beside the king. So Saul, his three sons, his armor bearer, and his troops all died together that same day.

Upvote 0

Rescued One

...yet not I, but the grace of God that is with me
Dec 12, 2002
Midwest
✟79,870.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Widowed
Saul groaned to his armor bearer, “Take your sword and kill me before these pagan Philistines come to run me through and taunt and torture me.”
But his armor bearer was afraid and would not do it. So Saul took his own sword and fell on it. When his armor bearer realized that Saul was dead, he fell on his own sword and died beside the king. So Saul, his three sons, his armor bearer, and his troops all died together that same day.

Are you suggesting that they were Christians?

Upvote 0

d taylor

Oct 16, 2018
Mississippi
✟251,302.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Are you suggesting that they were Christians?
Well when they lived christian was not a term used. But when Saul died he went to be with Samuel

Moreover the Lord will also deliver Israel with you into the hand of the Philistines. And tomorrow you and your sons will be with me. The Lord will also deliver the army of Israel into the hand of the Philistines.”

• Agree
Upvote 0