klutedavid

Dec 7, 2013
Sydney, Australia.
✟244,844.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Son of perdition is so close to the real thing, millions believe he is. It is the closeness to emulating the Holy Spirit that cause people to follow. If it were possible...
2 Thessalonians 2:3
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first, and that man of sin be revealed, the son of perdition;
I said that he would steer people away from Jesus. Except there come a falling away first!

Upvote 0

Behold

Apr 5, 2020
Netanya
✟13,908.00
Country
Israel
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I apologize if this is the wrong section, I've already asked a Chaplain this question but, I wanted to get a quicker response from somebody else more learned than me. Can Satan replicate the power of the Holy Spirit or have any part of God's power? To put it in deeper meaning, can he perform a "born again" ceremony to fool somebody into thinking that they're actually born again? Can he bring forth some of the fruit of the Holy Spirit into a converts life and make them think that they're born again when they're really not? Is Satan more powerful than Jesus Christ?

This is not a troll question, It's serious. This has been bothering me for quite a while for a really long time now. I want to get a biblical answer.

For you to be born again, you would have to believe the Gospel, and be led by the Holy Spirit to receive "the knowledge of the Truth", which is what is revealed to you BY the HS.. That knowledge is that Jesus is Messiah, and you are a sinner, and you need to be SAVED. So, you give God your FAITH, and God gives you "the gift of Righteousness" which is the "new Birth".

Satan cannot cause any of that.... no worries.

Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟907,524.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Anyone can be born again...but abiding in the word and spirit is what makes one maturer then the other...or weaker then the other...Satan like weak people...he can get to them easily since he knows there weak spot lol just like the wicked watches over the righteous to slay them ..Satan watches over people to devour....and I believe he knows the right ones to mess with....
A true born again individual is rare so I disagree that just anyone can be in the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ of Nazareth made that very clear to all of us.
“For many are called, but few are chosen.” Jesus Christ of Nazareth

Upvote 0

Beanieboy

Senior Veteran
Jan 20, 2006
✟50,122.00
Faith
Christian
I apologize if this is the wrong section, I've already asked a Chaplain this question but, I wanted to get a quicker response from somebody else more learned than me. Can Satan replicate the power of the Holy Spirit or have any part of God's power? To put it in deeper meaning, can he perform a "born again" ceremony to fool somebody into thinking that they're actually born again? Can he bring forth some of the fruit of the Holy Spirit into a converts life and make them think that they're born again when they're really not? Is Satan more powerful than Jesus Christ?

This is not a troll question, It's serious. This has been bothering me for quite a while for a really long time now. I want to get a biblical answer.

You ask if Satan could produce the fruits of the spirit, not the gifts, but what my spirit hears is:
Is it possible for Satan to imitate Speaking in Tongues, for example.

Their are people who fake tongues. And while Satan can duplicate things seemingly, with of Spirit of Anger and Hatred, it will betray itself.

However, you ask if Satan can fool someone into thinking they are birn again, when they are not.

It's like asking if someone asks Jesus into their heart, can Satan come like the wolf in Red Ridinghood, and no he can't.

If one is praying for Baptism of the HS, and to receive tongues, the vibration and power if the HS present wouldn't allow any lower spirit from being around.
May I ask a follow up question?

Why does Jesus say: Judge not, lest you be judged...

It is quickly explained that Christians are to judge, just judge rightly, in love, etc.
(In my personal experience, the Christians most adamant about judging others do it to condemn others and exalt themselves.)

Why didn't Christ say, "Be careful of how you judge" or "Before passing judgement, first judge yourself"

Instead, he says, "judge not or you will be judged."

It seems to convey that we should allow God to judge, only judge if it edifies, and beyond that, focus on our own lives, rathrr than gossiping about our neighbor.

Upvote 0

Neostarwcc

We are saved purely by the work and grace of God.
Site Supporter
Dec 13, 2015
US
✟922,320.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
In Titus 3:5 Paul describes what it's like to be born again "by the washing of regeneration of the renewal of the Holy Spirit"

Satan cant replicate this regeneration and renewal right? Nor the Washing?

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private

Back around 1993 I was living in the Berkshires in Massachusetts. I used to read the local paper for events during the week. One event caught my eye and it fell on my day off.

I went to a local college to watch a professional hypnotist perform on campus. He explained that he was a friend of one of the professors. That normally he charged a hefty fee, but was offering his services as a favor.

Well, as the night went on he began to replicate a Pentecostal meeting without mentioning the Lord's name once. There was the "slaying in the Spirit" action going. He would tap someone hypnotized on the forehead while having someone standing behind him to catch him as he gently fell backwards. Then he had others "getting the joy" and laughing on command. He could even get some speaking in gibberish and having another acting like he could interpret.... They never questioned it under his spell. It was mystifying to those watching.

A big one the hypnotist induced. Feelings of deep love for another person next to them. On command a person was filled with a deep love for another and proclaimed it out loud. Religion does not need to use the Bible all the time?

He also explained that not everyone is hypnotize-able. It may be why not everyone will become effected like a charismatic for that reason.

Keep in mind. Paul stated that the temporary gifts would cease. They had for centuries. Before mysteriously re-appearing again.

Yes... I learned something profound that evening.

Can Satan replicate the power of the Holy Spirit or have any part of God's power? To put it in deeper meaning, can he perform a "born again" ceremony to fool somebody into thinking that they're actually born again? Can he bring forth some of the fruit of the Holy Spirit into a converts life and make them think that they're born again when they're really not? Is Satan more powerful than Jesus Christ?

Satan is not more powerful than Jesus Christ. For Satan must work with distortions and false doctrine as his cover while working covertly with those able to be hypnotized. The Truth can still make them Free. If the Truth could not? Then Satan would be the more powerful.

grace and peace

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rocketblast37

May 14, 2020
La
✟8,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
A true born again individual is rare so I disagree that just anyone can be in the Kingdom of God. Jesus Christ of Nazareth made that very clear to all of us.
“For many are called, but few are chosen.” Jesus Christ of Nazareth
Jesus said the wind blows where it will but you don't know where it comes or goes. I believe the spirit knocks on all our hearts to invite us is but some probably don't recognize him because they aren't famaliar with it yet or know the Lord. So I believe it is with everyone who answers to him..after that once he enters us..just like the wind that blows....where we go it goes...the spirit I mean

Upvote 0

Rocketblast37

May 14, 2020
La
✟8,878.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Back around 1993 I was living in the Berkshires in Massachusetts. I used to read the local paper for events during the week. One event caught my eye and it fell on my day off.

I went to a local college to watch a professional hypnotist perform on campus. He explained that he was a friend of one of the professors. That normally he charged a hefty fee, but was their as a favor. He also said that he performed there before.

Well, as the night went on he began to replicate a Pentecostal meeting without mentioning the Lord's name once. There was the "slaying in the Spirit" action going. He would tap someone hypnotized on the forehead while having someone standing behind him to catch him as he gently fell backwards. Then he had others "getting the joy" and laughing on command. He could even get some speaking in gibberish and having another acting like he could interpret.... They never questioned it under his spell.

And, the biggest one the hypnotist induced. Feelings of deep love for another person next to them.

He also explained that not everyone is hypnotize-able. It may be that not everyone will become like a charismatic for that reason.

Keep in mind. Paul stated that the temporary gifts would cease, and they had for centuries, before mysteriously re-appearing again.

Yes... I learned something profound that evening.

Satan is not more powerful than Jesus Christ. For Satan must work with distortions and false doctrine as his cover while working covertly with those able to be hypnotized. The Truth can still make them Free. If the Truth could not? Then Satan would be the more powerful.

grace and peace
They have false prophets who preach the truth but because they still preach the truth and though God did not send them even if people hear the truth from that person..they can still be free I believe..ha remember faith comes by hearing and hearing the word of God...Satan is not here to set anyone free..if anything his goal is to steal kill and destroy..and possibly keep one in bondage. Remember the book of Job..satan made a mess with Job and told him stuff to make him worry..and scared. That's what Satan does tell us stuff to decieve us and mess with our mind. Job had lost everything. Satan lied and stole his life. Satan is not more powerful then Jesus ..unless Jesus gives him that power to be more powerful. like in the desert when Satan tempted him..he did seem a bit weak though...I guess it was the tempetion or maybe he was just tired and hungry..I don't know..Jesus went there to pray I think and be with God..etc

Upvote 0

Jipsah

Blood Drinker
Aug 17, 2005
Franklin, Tennessee
✟221,647.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Yeah it is unfortunately. Possibly an exaggeration. But there are a lot of people on this site who believe false doctrine and defend things that are indefensible.
"Wherefore let him that thinketh he standeth take heed lest he fall." That was obviously addressed to everyone but me.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan does indeed deceive people that they are saved... Probably about 95% of the people on this site are deceived into thinking they're saved (I won't name names lest I violate forum rules).
That was a dumb thing to say. It shows that your ignorance of Bible Doctrine is showing.

There are two kinds of believers. Good and bad. Both are going to heaven.

Everyone becomes saved by a simple belief in Jesus Christ. We all enter salvation that away.

The believer's belief in Jesus is our "foundation." The Rock. A foundation to be built upon after one is saved, depending on one's choice of building materials.
If one chooses teachings that the Bible calls.. "wood, hay, and stubble?" Then the Lord will a burn up his 'dead works.' That believer will be told he forfeited his eternal rewards. Loss of rewards, not salvation.

The other kind of believer chooses to pursue and seek after sound doctrinal teachings. These teaching are building righteous materials which consist of what the Bible calls.. "gold, silver, and precious stones." Such as these will not burn up in fire. This believer will receive his eternal rewards. And, will go on to reign with the Lord Jesus.

What you claimed? Is that those who follow after "wood, hay, and stubble" teachings are not saved souls.

Wrong. Not the case. They do remain saved because of their initial faith in Jesus Christ.

Here is what you need to learn.

By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder,
and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care.
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid,
which is Jesus Christ. (faith in Christ) If anyone builds on this foundation
using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be
shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even
though only as one escaping through the flames."
2 Corinthians 3:10-15​

The false teachings sought after salvation = "wood, hay, and stubble."Burned up and destroyed.

Sound doctrine sought and found after salvation = "gold, silver, and precious stones." Melted and formed into our crowns.

Keep in mind! The one with the wood, hay and stubble? He will have all his post salvation building doctrines burned up and destroyed. He will be denied rewards from the Lord. But! It also says the following!

If it is burned up, the builder (wood,hay, and stubble) will suffer loss
but yet will be saved— even though only as one escaping through
the flames."

His building of false teachings will burned and lost. Rewards as a result, also denied him. Yet, it says his soul remains saved. For our foundation is the Rock which can not burn.

Please.. Let's stick with the Word of God. Its a humbling experience when we do!

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Sam81

Jesus is everything
Sep 12, 2016
Texas
✟27,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
That was a dumb thing to say. It shows that your ignorance of Bible Doctrine is showing.

There are two kinds of believers. Good and bad. Both are going to heaven.

Everyone becomes saved by a simple belief in Jesus Christ. We all enter salvation that away.

The believer's belief in Jesus is our "foundation." The Rock. A foundation to be built upon after one is saved, depending on one's choice of building materials.
If one chooses teachings that the Bible calls.. "wood, hay, and stubble?" Then the Lord will a burn up his 'dead works.' That believer will be told he forfeited his eternal rewards. Loss of rewards, not salvation.

The other kind of believer chooses to pursue and seek after sound doctrinal teachings. These teaching are building righteous materials which consist of what the Bible calls.. "gold, silver, and precious stones." Such as these will not burn up in fire. This believer will receive his eternal rewards. And, will go on to reign with the Lord Jesus.

What you claimed? Is that those who follow after "wood, hay, and stubble" teachings are not saved souls.

Wrong. Not the case. They do remain saved because of their initial faith in Jesus Christ.

Here is what you need to learn.

By the grace God has given me, I laid a foundation as a wise builder,
and someone else is building on it. But each one should build with care.
For no one can lay any foundation other than the one already laid,
which is Jesus Christ. (faith in Christ) If anyone builds on this foundation
using gold, silver, costly stones, wood, hay or straw, their work will be
shown for what it is, because the Day will bring it to light. It will be revealed with fire, and the fire will test the quality of each person’s work. If what has been built survives, the builder will receive a reward. If it is burned up, the builder will suffer loss but yet will be saved—even
though only as one escaping through the flames."
2 Corinthians 3:10-15​

The false teachings sought after salvation = "wood, hay, and stubble."Burned up and destroyed.

Sound doctrine sought and found after salvation = "gold, silver, and precious stones." Melted and formed into our crowns.

Keep in mind! The one with the wood, hay and stubble? He will have all his post salvation building doctrines burned up and destroyed. He will be denied rewards from the Lord. But! It also says the following!

If it is burned up, the builder (wood,hay, and stubble) will suffer loss
but yet will be saved— even though only as one escaping through
the flames."

His building of false teachings will burned and lost. Rewards as a result, also denied him. Yet, it says his soul remains saved. For our foundation is the Rock which can not burn.

Please.. Let's stick with the Word of God. Its a humbling experience when we do!
Even if that were true, what does it say about the heart of a man if he doesn't care at all about eternity? I want to lay up treasure in heaven because I realize that Jesus Christ is everything and everything else is nothing. This world is for just a split second and is ultimately of no value. So someone who could just throw their hands up and be content with their sin on Earth, at such a cost, demonstrates to me that their heart is not right before God.

That said, the scripture you quoted has to do with ministry and good works. It has nothing to do with coming out of sin which is something that is necessary for salvation.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
That said, the scripture you quoted has to do with ministry and good works. It has nothing to do with coming out of sin which is something that is necessary for salvation.

By the way.. Coming out of sin is a good work.

A work is an action that has its motivation in what one believes. If he builds upon false teaching? His works will be reflected in legalism and human good. Phony religious piety... not grace.

Bible teachings should cover everything. Every area of ones life. Apparently you have not found such a one who can teach you that reality? Includes coming out of sin. Just like one taking a pill of a certain kind will come out of allergies. Grace makes it enabled. Human will power only produces Stoicism and rigidity, and makes them a pain in the neck to be around.

Its not as if you have to come out of sin by determination and willpower. Ex drunks can do that and never be saved. In God's plan, if you have grace? You will find yourself having power to come out of sin. Able to come out of sin. Eventually, becoming a very relaxed person. Otherwise? The Pharisees felt they had come out of sin. Their willful ignorance of truth allowed for that illusion.

Its all got to do with possessing sound knowledge of advancing Bible teachings. Self righteousness will not agree with what I say. It will always find something that he must do as to win a spiritual merit badge, or trophy to put on his shelf of pride.

Reactions: messianist
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,342.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Satan is not on a par with yeshua, job clarifies that.
Would you say that the jehovahs witness are saved or later day saints? That's only 2 denominations out of thousands.
Not all of them. But some of them could be saved because at some point in their lives they actually believed in Jesus Christ. Christians can get out of God's will and walk in their flesh. Keep in mind. All those Jews in the wilderness that rebelled against God and Moses? They all partook of the Passover the night of the Exodus. The human condition is a mystery. That is why all it takes is faith in Christ to be saved.

Any believer who chooses to walk in the flesh will be acting just like who he would be if he were not saved. Walking in the Spirit is a choice.

This is what the apostate believers refuse to accept and end up walking as unbelievers.

But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship
with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and
purify us from all unrighteousness.
1 Jn 1:7-9​

Keep in mind, unbelievers can be very religious and pious..
A believer walking out of fellowship with the Spirit can very well end up being just like a religious person you met.

Keep in mind: The following passage speaks of a believer who chooses to habitually walk in their flesh.

If you see any brother or sister commit a sin that does not lead to death,
you should pray and God will give them life. I refer to those whose sin does
not lead to death. There is a sin that leads to death. I am not saying that you
should pray about that. All wrongdoing is sin, and there is sin that does not
lead to death."
1 Jn 5:16-17​

Yes... believers can live and act like an unbeliever. What matters in their eternal state is if they had believed in Christ at some point in their life. Its by grace we are saved. Not works. They will have a wasted life and lose all rewards if they choose to not live for the Lord. But, they will be saved. The Lord is not willing that any who believe in Him shall perish.

But as I told you, you have seen me and still you do not believe.
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes
to me I will never drive away. For I have come down from heaven
not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me. And this is the
will of him who sent me, that I shall lose none of all those he has
given me, but raise them up at the last day. For my Father’s will is
that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall

have eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day.” Jn 6:36-40​

Its a love story. The real love story. God is Love.

grace and peace...

Upvote 0

Sam81

Jesus is everything
Sep 12, 2016
Texas
✟27,676.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
By the way.. Coming out of sin is a good work.

A work is an action that has its motivation in what one believes. If he builds upon false teaching? His works will be reflected in legalism and human good. Phony religious piety... not grace.

Bible teachings should cover everything. Every area of ones life. Apparently you have not found such a one who can teach you that reality? Includes coming out of sin. Just like one taking a pill of a certain kind will come out of allergies. Grace makes it enabled. Human will power only produces Stoicism and rigidity, and makes them a pain in the neck to be around.

Its not as if you have to come out of sin by determination and willpower. Ex drunks can do that and never be saved. In God's plan, if you have grace? You will find yourself having power to come out of sin. Able to come out of sin. Eventually, becoming a very relaxed person. Otherwise? The Pharisees felt they had come out of sin. Their willful ignorance of truth allowed for that illusion.

Its all got to do with possessing sound knowledge of advancing Bible teachings. Self righteousness will not agree with what I say. It will always find something that he must do as to win a spiritual merit badge, or trophy to put on his shelf of pride.
I'm not at all self-righteous, I'm a sinner who needs grace. But repentance of sin is necessary for salvation, anyone who teaches otherwise is a liar and should read the Bible.

Upvote 0