Can Salvation still be possible for me?

Rondo7

Nov 10, 2008
✟15,127.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Early this year around March or April a good friend of mine helped me learn and convert to Christianity. I read more of the bible and tried to stay on the right path.

Then later this year I happened to have lost my faith for a seeming while and instead got into learning about international government and politics as a hobby and basically using that international government knowledge to learn all about life without Christian faith or any other faith in general.

But now I'm feeling like I have Christian faith back again and am back to reading the bible and on the right path. Now I don't want to go into too many details but I do remember losing faith in situations when I felt extra anxious and negative about events and situations happening to me and around.

Earlier today I saw on TV a pastor mentioning that 'baby Christians' if they lose their faith can still have salvation but 'mature Christians' if they choose to move away from God lose their salvation and can't get it back.

Now I'm wondering if I can still have salvation and also if anyone here knows the best chapters of the bible which will help me keep faith no matter how I perceive things and life overall?

Last edited:

wonderwaleye

Dec 23, 2005
MISSISSIPPI
✟5,952.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John 11:25

"Jesus said to her, I am the Resurrection and the Life. Whoever believes in (adheres to, trusts in, relies on) Me, although he may die, yet he shall live"

I'm sure you do not doubt GOD'S WORD. You are safe for the moment but you must be ANOINTED ( BORN AGAIN-SAVED ) in order to go to the KINGDOM of ALMIGHTY GOD.

Don't feel to bad. GOD'S WORD says:

" TEACH THEM RIGHT WHILE THEY ARE YOUNG, THEY WILL VEER, BUT THEY SHALL RETURN TO THERE TEACHINGS "

We have a GREAT LOVING GOD that created us and loves us. All HE asked of us is to worship HIM with our WHOLE body, mind, strength, and soul.

ALWAYS REMEMBER:

JESUS IS RIGHT WHERE YOU ARE AT!!! EVEN THOUGH YOU DON'T SEE HIM!!!

( left click and hold over the above to see your personal message )

Upvote 0
R

Reserved

Hey Rondo7,

Well, let's just say that I've never heard of what that pastor said before and as such doubt its truth or I think a lot of Christians would be in serious trouble (myself included). In fact, I think the Bible encourages repentance and for us to return to the Father's arms with stories like the lost son (see Luke 15:11-32) and other similar stories that Jesus told. We are only "lost" when we continually refuse to heed the convictions of the Holy Spirit that prompt us to return to the Father.

To answer your question directly: Of course you can still have salvation! The fact that you believe that you are returning to the faith is evidence of this - if you couldn't be saved or sense the convictions of the Holy Spirit then you wouldn't be where you are in your spiritual journey. If St. Paul, who described himself as the "chief of sinners" (see 1 Timothy 1:15-16) can be forgiven by God and used mightily by Him, then it's a safe bet that you can too.

Also, just because we sin occasionally doesn't mean that we loose our faith or our salvation status. That said, of course we have to repent and ask for forgiveness and for the help of the Holy Spirit to overcome that sin. St. Paul struggled with this same issue as well when he said "I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do" (see Romans 7:15).

One verse that I like to try and remember and believe is Romans 8:28, which says:
And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him, who have been called according to His purpose.
I love the fact that it says "all" things - which includes both the bad and painful times as well as the good times.

I also find Isaiah 41 to be quite comforting, but particularly v10, which says:
So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
God's promises to Joshua in the first chapter also follow a similar comforting line.

Last edited:
Reactions: kellyc
Upvote 0
A

Alive4Evermore

Hello Rondo, and welcome to Christian Forums. The Bible assures us that if we truly repent and trust in Jesus, God will begin a good work in us that He will complete. We need to make sure that we are truly born of God, rather than of the will of man. It may sound like good doctrine to simply "ask Jesus into our heart," but that is not biblical. The biblical motive for coming to Jesus is that we have sinned against God, and therefore need His mercy.

Do you know where you will spend eternity - in heaven or in hell? You must have the knowledge of sin, and you must truly repent of your sin. Repentance means to turn from your sin and turn to God, trusting in Jesus alone for your salvation. When someone fails to find true repentance, he or she will "fall away" from the faith as they encounter trials, temptations, and persecution. Doubt produces fear, worry, and concern. Faith, on the other hand, produces peace and joy. The choice to whether to trust God is ours.

It's essential that you become familiar with the biblical reality of true and false conversion. Your eternal destiny depends on this. Do not assume that everyone who names the name of Christ is genuinely saved. The truth is, for any person to be saved, there must be an understanding of the nature of sin. This person must turn from their sin and trust in Jesus to save them. Eternal life comes not from saying a prayer or making a decision, but from "repentance toward God and faith toward our Lord Jesus Christ" (Acts 20:21). If you have any questions or you would like to talk to me, please pm me. I will get back to you as soon as I can. May God bless you seek His truth. He promises that we will find Him when we search for Him with all our heart (Jeremiah 29:13).

In His Service,
CF Angel, Aliveforevermore
Angel1.gif

Upvote 0

hsmommyofmany

Oct 24, 2008
suffolk, virginia
Visit site
✟7,895.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Early this year around March or April a good friend of mine helped me learn and convert to Christianity. I read more of the bible and tried to stay on the right path.

Then later this year I happened to have lost my faith for a seeming while and instead got into learning about international government and politics as a hobby and basically using that international government knowledge to learn all about life without Christian faith or any other faith in general.

But now I'm feeling like I have Christian faith back again and am back to reading the bible and on the right path. Now I don't want to go into too many details but I do remember losing faith in situations when I felt extra anxious and negative about events and situations happening to me and around.

Earlier today I saw on TV a pastor mentioning that 'baby Christians' if they lose their faith can still have salvation but 'mature Christians' if they choose to move away from God lose their salvation and can't get it back.

Now I'm wondering if I can still have salvation and also if anyone here knows the best chapters of the bible which will help me keep faith no matter how I perceive things and life overall?

of course!!! all christians have doubts and many of them (including myself) fall away from the Lord at some point...God rejoices in your return to him. do you remember the story of the prodigal son? the Father rejoiced in his return even though he had lost his way. this is an image of God and us, his children. if you have truly accepted Jesus Christ as your Lord and savior then you have salvation...palin and simple.:amen:

Upvote 0

Stephen Kendall

believer of Jesus Christ
Sep 28, 2008
USA
✟9,673.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Even if Satan repented and was born again then he could be saved, but rather God knows his soul and this will never happen. God has reserved the lake of fire for him and his followers. But the idea is that if Satan would be given pardon and salvation, if he would truly repented, then how could anyone not receive salvation. Satan hasn't a conscience. The problem with constant sin is that it begot a huge amount of iniquity, eventually. A conscience is a delicate thing. Rock bottom (our lowest low of life) is a step from iniquity's domain over our souls.

Don't go to the bottom to find your faith, but some do and some rather never return.

Danger lurks with disobedience of Christ, but not by sin itself, but by hypocrisy more so. It is better to not be a Christian than to accept Christ and to be a hypocrite. Sin is dark and dangerous to our souls, but in hypocrisy, one can loose his conscience. The battle could be over, if you wish to not try to repent and call out to God through Christ, ever again.

Your awareness of your sin and desire to repent is evidence that you have a conscience and are repentant. A Christian's desire is to find the fulfillment of a Christ centered life. A Christian wants to be full and with confidence; to be full of hope, joy and love with the confidence to stay steady in these things, unshakable. How can he believe? The idea is to accept the proofs of the theorems, so to speak. The theorems allow the logic to flow and the outcome to be sure (most probable). The proofs are our desire to have reasoning and answers to questions beyond the simple things of life. The beyond simple things of life are life's purpose, sin, bad, good, love, hope and death. Christians desire to connect to a non chaotic existence; sanity in the midst of the mess. Christians believe in the unshakable-ness of good and that of it being light over evil or chaos and their enthralled darkness. Light judges darkness, for darkness can not stand in light.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Radagast

comes and goes
Site Supporter
Dec 10, 2003
✟312,047.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single

Of course you can still have salvation!

John 6:37: "All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away."

Also read the story of the Prodigal Son.

Upvote 0

salida

Veteran
Jun 14, 2006
✟6,243.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
Rondo7-

Any christian mature or not mature can return to God. This pastor isn't scripturally correct because Luke 17:4 among several scriptures.

Hebrews 6:6 - Are talking about christians who have fallen so far from God and go into the world that they can't come back and they have no emotional desire to do so. This scripture doesn't describe you because your concerned about returning to God.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums