2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I went to mass on easter sunday. and this man from the church said Either way its too late for you.

so that kinda put me off from trying to find fellowship in church.

Men in their near forties were looking at me like I was someone to stomp out and invigorate their sense of strength.

Easter sunday.

Still, definitely get fresh air.

Definitely still agree with him^^

Its hard being blameless though. Just being a good reporter of what is ...
flabbergasting. yea.

Wow, but not surprising. What many call churches today are nothing more than social clubs or pharisee training grounds of compromised doctrine. I live in a big city too and can relate to your plight of having serious trouble finding quality fellowship with true believers that are hungry for the word and earnestly living for the Lord.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not read the comments. I doubt it for multiple reasons.

At church we are supposed to be held accountable (not that I know how much church discipline goes on but in the epistles there are instructions on how the Church should look after one another. How could online fellowship replace that?

In our community we might not have a great choice of Churches to attend. However, in attending those we are part of that body and can help it become better. Online preachers etc reminds me of where it says in 2 Timothy 4:3-4 about gathering teachers to hear what you want said.

Through our Church comes opportunity to serve. Serve our Church and our community. Our community is our mission field unless directed otherwise.

Online we can portray any image we choose. Revealing only what we want and just not mentioning things we don't want. In real life we are forced to see ourself for the way we are, not through the blinkers we like to put on our eyes.

I don't feel that we are called to sit indoors on devices. We are called to serve. For those who aren't well or mobile etc the internet is a way of interacting and gaining fellowship which otherwise is hard to attain.
So although online fellowship is a good thing I can't see how it could replace our duty to be in Church and the safeguards from ourselves that it gives.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Not read the comments. I doubt it for multiple reasons.

At church we are supposed to be held accountable (not that I know how much church discipline goes on but in the epistles there are instructions on how the Church should look after one another. How could online fellowship replace that?

In our community we might not have a great choice of Churches to attend. However, in attending those we are part of that body and can help it become better. Online preachers etc reminds me of where it says in 2 Timothy 4:3-4 about gathering teachers to hear what you want said.

Through our Church comes opportunity to serve. Serve our Church and our community. Our community is our mission field unless directed otherwise.

Online we can portray any image we choose. Revealing only what we want and just not mentioning things we don't want. In real life we are forced to see ourself for the way we are, not through the blinkers we like to put on our eyes.

I don't feel that we are called to sit indoors on devices. We are called to serve. For those who aren't well or mobile etc the internet is a way of interacting and gaining fellowship which otherwise is hard to attain.
So although online fellowship is a good thing I can't see how it could replace our duty to be in Church and the safeguards from ourselves that it gives.
Listen, you say people online can wear a mask, but they do that in Church too. People in church do wear masks, no matter where they are at.

As far as being held accountable goes, only a child needs a man for a spiritual father. Mature Christians have the holy spirit as a teacher.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Listen, you say people online can wear a mask, but they do that in Church too. People in church do wear masks, no matter where they are at.

As far as being held accountable goes, only a child needs a man for a spiritual father. Mature Christians have the holy spirit as a teacher.

Yeah but in a church your life needs to match up to what your saying though. If you are struggling with an issue and hiding the reality of it from yourself a brother might be able to see it and bring it to your attention. In a virtual world you only type what you see.

Surely you can see my point though W2L, even if I'm probably not explaining it well. Got sore head and neck.

Also, pride. We all struggle with that. Meeting other Christians we have to get along, in harmony. As iron sharpens iron, we discover so much more about ourselves and our hearts when trying to get along with those who online we can avoid. That helps keep us humble. I can spend a day in the house not sinning much. When in company I realise that my inward criticism of someone wasn't holy and the state of my heart is not what I had myself otherwise convinced etc. X

Reactions: welshman
Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Once I heard a radio preacher say, "A radio church reaches a much larger audience than any local church, so a radio church [meaning his, obviously] is a good recipient of your tithes and offerings."

I wrote him. "Can a radio church baptize converts? No. Can a radio church celebrate the Eucharist? No. Can a radio church bury the dead? No. Can a radio church bring needed food and clothing to the hungry and naked? No. Therefore, it follows that a radio church is NO CHURCH AT ALL."

Apply this now to the internet.
So who said "no" then ? Since >>
Churches/ communities in Alaska, Canada, Africa, the Pacific Islands
may and do very well accomplish all those things by radio/ internet / etc
and
ACTUALLY DO CARE for one another ROUTINELY _ if someone needs toilet paper, food, clothes, gasoline, propane, paper, pens, water
it is ACTUALLY expected, asked for, AND DELIVERED
... and various places across the usa/ forests/ mountains/ cities / wherever God's People Live Like God's People in fact.....

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Yeah but in a church your life needs to match up to what your saying though. If you are struggling with an issue and hiding the reality of it from yourself a brother might be able to see it and bring it to your attention.
Actually they are often not very receptive in person (when their lives do not match up) - preferring to be an actor/ pretending - , let alone even when 'anonymous' on the internet ....
so in person fellowship also has its challenges, often unresolved.

That's why many people use the internet as a solution God Provided.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yeah but in a church your life needs to match up to what your saying though. If you are struggling with an issue and hiding the reality of it from yourself a brother might be able to see it and bring it to your attention. In a virtual world you only type what you see.

Surely you can see my point though W2L, even if I'm probably not explaining it well. Got sore head and neck.

Also, pride. We all struggle with that. Meeting other Christians we have to get along, in harmony. As iron sharpens iron, we discover so much more about ourselves and our hearts when trying to get along with those who online we can avoid. That helps keep us humble. I can spend a day in the house not sinning much. When in company I realise that my inward criticism of someone wasn't holy and the state of my heart is not what I had myself otherwise convinced etc. X
Im doing well by following the spirit. I really dont need to be put in check. I confess all my faults to the Lord.

Upvote 0

welshman

Mar 5, 2008
Wales
✟23,438.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
God never called us to be a lone-ranger. At the end of the day it is very obvious that no matter what practical and biblical evidence we give, some people will not look for fellowship in the real world.
Better to steal cubs from its mother than convince a fool out of their folly (book of proverbs).

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
God never called us to be a lone-ranger. .

Used the same phrase with my friend a couple of months ago. Her desire for the Lord is strong but she needs other Christians around other than myself. I for one don't agree with some of the theologies she has found online because I can't find a biblical basis for some of it. All I can do is point out what the bible says when things arise which I can correct or say where I read otherwise. I find the responsibility hard sometimes as I'm not experienced at discipling anyone.

• Agree
Reactions: welshman
Upvote 0

Open Heart

Aug 3, 2014
Southern California
✟49,214.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Celibate
I am someone who prefers to do everything online.
Me too. I'm a strong introvert. It's hard for me to force myself to go to church. But online is not the same as face to face. It is not an assembly. I think you know that. There is something we get from a face to face that we don't get from an online exchange. You don't get the common singing in praise when you are online. You don't get common liturgy (responorial readings and prayers). And the biggest thing of all? You don't get to share communion. After all, the reason we assemble together is to break bread.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
God never called us to be a lone-ranger. At the end of the day it is very obvious that no matter what practical and biblical evidence we give, some people will not look for fellowship in the real world.
Better face a momma bear robbed of her cubs,

than face God's Judgment of hellfire....
Hebrews 10:31King James Version (KJV)
31 It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God.

King James Version (KJV)

Matthew 5:21-23Christian Standard Bible (CSB)
Murder Begins in the Heart

.... Whoever says, ‘You fool!’ will be subject to hellfire......

Upvote 0

yeshuaslavejeff

Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
I for one don't agree with some of the theologies she has found online because I can't find a biblical basis for some of it.
This is very true here as well, anywhere on the internet/ theologies or anything...

Test everything according to God's Purpose, Plan, and Word.
No matter , no difference , if in person, or anonymous, in a building, or on the internet.

Reactions: Sam91
Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Better to steal cubs from its mother than convince a fool out of their folly (book of proverbs).
God bless you friend. Some folks have disabilities, and dont go to church, im one of them. I take your criticism to the cross, where the Lord justifies me. Who then are you friend, to judge me?

Upvote 0

welshman

Mar 5, 2008
Wales
✟23,438.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't aware of your disability, but in essence it doesn't change anything with regards to scripture. Even if you cannot make church often, you can still be a member and have others visit you.

All of your messages have criticised church, leaders, false teachers etc. which suggests to me you're not interested in even trying to join a church, regardless of your disability.

Also, I'm not judging you. I'm making a judgement. That's different from the often mis-quoted verses in the gospels about hypocritical judging.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

welshman

Mar 5, 2008
Wales
✟23,438.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Private
You don't need to feel the pressure of having someone's spiritual condition on your shoulders. It is their own responsibility. If you wanted to pm me then if you wanted to ask any questions/advice I'd do my best to help.
God bless,
Steve.

Used the same phrase with my friend a couple of months ago. Her desire for the Lord is strong but she needs other Christians around other than myself. I for one don't agree with some of the theologies she has found online because I can't find a biblical basis for some of it. All I can do is point out what the bible says when things arise which I can correct or say where I read otherwise. I find the responsibility hard sometimes as I'm not experienced at discipling anyone.

Upvote 0

Sam91

Child of the Living God
Site Supporter
Jul 10, 2016
United Kingdom
✟53,491.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
You don't need to feel the pressure of having someone's spiritual condition on your shoulders. It is their own responsibility. If you wanted to pm me then if you wanted to ask any questions/advice I'd do my best to help.
God bless,
Steve.

I don't have any just now but it is bound to crop up soon. I managed to have a long chat with someone who is a Christian (car journey from another county) a couple of weeks ago on some issues that had arisen.

Having just changed churches a couple of weeks ago I don't have anyone to consult with so I am grateful for yr offer. I will press to follow you for now in case anything arises in the meantime. Thank you very much.

Upvote 0

W2L

Jun 26, 2016
USA
✟213,573.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I wasn't aware of your disability, but in essence it doesn't change anything with regards to scripture. Even if you cannot make church often, you can still be a member and have others visit you.

All of your messages have criticised church, leaders, false teachers etc. which suggests to me you're not interested in even trying to join a church, regardless of your disability.

Also, I'm not judging you. I'm making a judgement. That's different from the often mis-quoted verses in the gospels about hypocritical judging.

I believe that me and you live in totally different worlds. Have a nice day bro.

Upvote 0

2Timothy2:15

Mar 28, 2016
CA
✟78,248.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

John the Baptist spent a lot of time alone. Paul was led to the desert by the Holy Spirit as well. Many Godly men have spent extended period of times alone. I would not call someone a fool for doing what the Lord has led.

Upvote 0