Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think actually it is not wise for me it is not sin to marry but I believe for myself it is better not to that I may not lose gift if God has given to me that I would not be as useful to kingdom as Paul said he thinks it better though it is not sin that you may serve the Lord without distraction and to help spread kingdom. Also marriage can make some fall away from their devotion to God though it does not need to but being single makes you even more dedicated as Jesus said some seed fell among thorns that choked the word and it became unfruitful and bring no fruit to maturity because of the cares of this life if one does not make one priority the kingdom of God and its righteousness.

Or a good marriage can make both people even more useful to God, as even Paul commends Aquila and Pricilla, and leaves them to train Apollos.

• Agree
Reactions: mikeforjesus
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
That is true only if the persons who are married are gifted to have a message they received to know how to reach out to others to be able to be dedicated as servants to others but I am not sure I am able and I believe God gave me different gift to seek to learn from others and to share.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Alien, Pilgrim, and Sojourner
Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That is true only if the persons who are married are gifted to have a message they received to know how to reach out to others to be able to be dedicated as servants to others but I am not sure I am able and I believe God gave me different gift to seek to learn from others and to share.

Aquilla problem didn't know that until after meeting Priscilla.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
But I suppose it is not for me that it is better for me to get married as I suppose I am not able to do more than I thought and it may be God will for me to marry to marry to help ensure there will be more Christians and to help others who prefer to marry to have a partner to serve God with and have children so I will seek to marry if I find one that accepts me.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
But I suppose it is not for me that it is better for me to get married as I suppose I am not able to do more than I thought and it may be God will for me to marry to marry to help ensure there will be more Christians and to help others who prefer to marry to have a partner to serve God with and have children so I will seek to marry if I find one that accepts me.

You're doing a lot of "supposing," but are you doing enough praying?

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
No good point I must pray first. I prayed already if God wills for me to marry for one to enter my life but I don’t think it works that way. I am getting older and I think I need to look now or I will lose opportunity to marry one close to my age who is not too old to bear children. I prayed and I believe in my heart God put a desire in my heart for a person as it says delight yourself in the Lord and He will give desires of your heart and I believe He is telling me I can trust Him not to allow me to follow a path He does not want so I should seek to follow what I think and if He does not will He will make it so person does not want to accept it.

Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No good point I must pray first. I prayed already if God wills for me to marry for one to enter my life but I don’t think it works that way. I am getting older and I think I need to look now or I will lose opportunity to marry one close to my age who is not too old to bear children. I prayed and I believe in my heart God put a desire in my heart for a person as it says delight yourself in the Lord and He will give desires of your heart and I believe He is telling me I can trust Him not to allow me to follow a path He does not want so I should seek to follow what I think and if He does not will He will make it so person does not want to accept it.

What makes you think your mate must be close to your age? That's a recent concept foisted by this particular society.

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
I think actually I should not seek to look for one to marry that it is better for me not to marry if I can not be sure it is God will because I could marry someone who may not really like me that I can not trust will support me that I should pray often and only if God reveals and I am sure I should marry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
I decided I am not going to seek to marry I am more useful to God without doing so it is better for others unless they know it is God will for them not to I think if they seek to marry if it is to true Christian who was righteous or is repentant but I think not for me I don’t think it is time and best for me only if God clearly said it is His perfect will now that it is good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
I just thought perhaps God wants me to get married because I see some Christian preachers say that people are abandoning institution of marriage that God blessed that He wants but I suppose it is not best for all people only for those who are not content who are not as willing to live without sex who do not want to live without a partner. Being single is better for me. Others can get married if they want but I think God wills for me to be single to be more useful for Him

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RDKirk

Site Supporter
Mar 3, 2013
US
✟1,477,322.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I just thought perhaps God wants me to get married because I see some Christian preachers say that people are abandoning institution of marriage that God blessed that He wants but I suppose it is not best for all people only for those who are not content who are not as willing to live without sex who do not want to live without a partner. Being single is better for me. Others can get married if they want but I think God wills for me to be single to be more useful for Him

What are you doing now for God?

Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
I seek to spend time with God to connect with Him by reading what others share and spend some time with God and share what I know but I think I need to be less distracted and make sure I have my own relationship with God to put first my time with God to read bible more. I also plan to read other books I have that may help me to follow God and also plan to go to churches more and am involved in an online church group to help me find my purpose so that I may serve God

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
I think I should seek to marry to support marriage to encourage others to marry that one should if one won’t control oneself rather than have sex before marriage and it is worse if they did not intend to marry and to do to to show I am not afraid of responsibility and to show I can have goals to do that helps others which is service to God and a partner to help one serve God in ministry to reach out to others and to seek to raise godly children so if I find someone I will seek to marry.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
I say that as I don’t like others looking down on me that they don’t respect me because I am not married and because they think I am living a useless life but I should not let their views influence me that I should trust in God to focus on my calling as I think it is better for me not to get married to focus on Him but others can get married if they don’t mind to not live without sex and have a partner.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
I believe I should seek to marry as it would give me a chance to do more if I have helper that would help make me succeed more to make more money I can use to help others and to serve and some may like to make it like I am unworthy to marry that I would be greedy or that no one should marry me that I would not be responsible to look after one and I should show them that they have no right to judge that I may be able to and God may accept me to help me find one and I should seek to show I can be responsible and that I can work like others so they can not accuse I am not willing to work to think that is why I preach because I don’t want to work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
I believe I should not let others actions put me down to not believe in me and think little of me and put me down and I should not let desire for other things enter in to choke word as I should not be distracted to risk losing my zeal for God or to be more effective for sake of gospel even if I could marry it could be better though it could also be risky. I think it is better for myself not to marry in such bad times as this as it would be good for revival to not marry unless God clearly has told me to.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

mikeforjesus

Site Supporter
Nov 14, 2004
✟580,775.00
Faith
Christian
I decided to seek to marry if I can find a person who accepts me who I believe is really seeking a relationship with God because I am getting older and I believe God works by putting desires in my heart that I have delighted in the Lord and that seems what God wants as I want it to think to help what is just that God wants His followers to be blessed as it says happy is he who has his quiver of children he shall speak with his enemies in the gates that people who may not have respect to look down on me may learn that God has not forsaken me nor others but to see it in me and if they are good they will repent. As I am getting older and I believe I need to make decision or I won’t get married.

Upvote 0